Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - FINAL REHEARSALS AND LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION

Ezio

Veteran
Norway started the semi 1 and finished 6th. In the GF they doubled their score and went Top 3.

But "Running order doesn't really matter" continues.

Zeus

Norway started the semi 1 and finished 6th. In the GF they doubled their score and went Top 3.

Yeah imagine if Austria had to perform in SF1 and as an opener they wouldn't even made it to the final

Rasmus0714

Loreen came second in the televote and first in the juries and got 57 more points than the second placed act - under the rules of the contest that seems like a solid win to me.

We don't have a televote only final - the big 5 wouldn't allow it even if the EBU wanted it back. I can see why Finnish fans are unhappy - but Duncan Lawrence, Mans Zelmerlow and Jamala never won the televote either but they won Eurovision!
Jamala has 11 12 points at GF, Duncan Lawrence has 6 12 points, Mans Zelmerlow has 12 12 points, only QUEEN Loreen has 0 12 points.

Ezio

Veteran
Yeah imagine if Austria had to perform in SF1 and as an opener they wouldn't even made it to the final
I think they would have made it over Serbia and finished 7th to 10th. Serbia was saved by Croatia in their semi. Semi 1 wasn't as packed as it seemed, and had only 15 slots.

Loindici

Veteran
Duncan's victory was not bittersweet for me, it was bitterspicy with rage at the robbery of North Macedonia and Norway.
I mean, The Netherlands haven't won since a long, long time ago.

Sweden has won twice in the 2010s.

Ezio

Veteran

crashworld

Veteran
Well well well. No surprise there. Just putting out there, I didn't care about the top 2. But if I have to pick, I would rather Sweden win.

However, what matters to me most is that I am so happy for Israel, Italy and Poland!!!
Gutted for Germany and Slovenia, I thought they will do well.

Anyway, looking forward to 2024's contest.

NeoTen

I think people need to accept two things proven in studies (don't know if I'm allowed to link to ESC competitors).
  1. For every 4 places from 1st that you are on the order; you gain 1 place or 1%~
  2. The jurors have been proven to choose more popular songs in the finals in streams and on YT.
  3. The gain between starting 2nd and 26 is 5,5% on average. So. 583-5% - ~553 and 526 + 26=552
So... even with Finland on 22 or 24, and Loreen in 2nd, Loreen would've won. The jury made her win: the thing will always be with a jury; a jury of people and not robots or smth will always choose the more popular song. You saw it in SF1 where some countries gave Sweden 12 points with the lowest rankings of all time, where since 2016 televoting is the tiebreaker. Which already meant now Sweden came 5th in that tiebreaker in SF1. So.... I would solve this by making the running order completely random or winners for SF1 may choose first.

hpp0

What happened with the top 2 was pretty much what everyone knew was gonna happen for months now, so I honestly don't really care. Finland got a historic televoting score and Sweden got a historic overall victory. Good for both countries.

The rest of the results are way more interesting.

I hope next year will be better in terms of songs and be more open regarding the winner, cause this is the second year in a row that I haven't bothered to watch the final.

shameless

Most depressing and anticlimatic voting hour since a long time, probably since 2011. I spent a fun night with my friends and Finland came second. Thats all what I can say about this final. Hated everything else about it.

France, Austria, Slovenia - all robbed big time. Finland robbed of their deserving win and when you have trash like that mess of a song of Israel in the top 3 you just shake your had.

Mrlazzyjazzy

Well the Cyprus contestant was a random Aussie who's had no experience/hits before. I think previous acts have had some hits in Cyprus or Greece etc. And he was singing a random generic Scandi pop dated sounding ballad. I'm not shocked he didn't get 12 points from Cyprus. Did he get anything from Aus I can't remember? Again I doubt it, he is a no name here too.

crashworld

Veteran
Most depressing and anticlimatic voting hour since a long time, probably since 2011. I spent a fun night with my friends and Finland came second. Thats all what I can say about this final. Hated everything else about it.

France, Austria, Slovenia - all robbed big time. Finland robbed of their deserving win and when you have trash like that mess of a song of Israel in the top 3 you just shake your had.

If anything, Finland's song is also as thrashy and messy as it gets.

Top Bottom