Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - FINAL REHEARSALS AND LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION

lacrymea

Anyways:

1. Kaarija has 2nd biggest televote in ESC history, he leveled Sobral's record.

2. Kaarija has 12's from 18 participating countries.

3. Kaarija has 10's from 8 more countries and Rest of the World.

Congratulations Finland, you have won!

Now let's forget this farce and pretend ESC 2023 has not happened at all.

Trust me, Sweden ain't gonna be a winner for a long long time after this.

Good night.
Eurovision fans were already fed up with Sweden in the last years. This was the icing on the cake.

NeoTen

So here are all the final televoting and jury results split detailed. We bookies are quicker than Wikipedia once again! It was fun reading all your comments again this year.

SF1: https://www.escunited.com/forum/thr...s-and-live-show-discussion.26825/post-2336511
SF:2: https://www.escunited.com/forum/thr...s-and-live-show-discussion.26825/post-2336673
PS: Nothing against UK or my Germany, I just hit the forum image limit. :) That's why their flags are missing.

R/OHalfCountryParticipantSongPoints (Jury + Televote) - Click on picture to enlargeRankSort Descending
91st half Sweden SwedenTattoo583
1st
131st half Finland FinlandCha Cha Cha526
2nd
232nd half Israel IsraelUnicorn362
3rd
111st half Italy ItalyDue Vite350
4th
202nd half Norway NorwayQueen of Kings268
5th
192nd half Ukraine UkraineHeart Of Steel243 6th
162nd half Belgium BelgiumBecause Of You182
7th
121st half Estonia EstoniaBridges168
8th
152nd half Australia AustraliaPromise151
9th
142nd half Czechia CzechiaMy Sister's Crown129
10th
222nd half Lithuania LithuaniaStay127
11th
71st half Cyprus CyprusBreak A Broken Heart126
12th
252nd half Croatia CroatiaMama ŠČ!123
13th
172nd half Armenia ArmeniaFuture Lover122
14th
11st half Austria AustriaWho The Hell Is Edgar?120
15th
61st half France FranceÉvidemment104
16th
81st half Spain SpainEaea100
17th
182nd half Moldova MoldovaSoarele şi Luna96
18th
41st half Poland PolandSolo93
19th
31st half Switzerland SwitzerlandWatergun92
20th
242nd half Slovenia SloveniaCarpe Diem78
21st
101st half Albania AlbaniaDuje76
22nd
21st half Portugal PortugalAi Coração59
23rd
51st half Serbia SerbiaSamo Mi Se Spava30
24th
262nd halfUnited KingdomI Wrote A Song24
25th
212nd halfGerrmanyBlood & Glitter18
26th

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Trust me, Sweden ain't gonna be a winner for a long long time after this.

Probably. They got what they wanted and sacrificed Loreen for that without hesitation. Actually I feel a bit sorry for her. They knew exactly what would happen if she didn’t win the televote yet they let her win the jury vote with a LANDSLIDE although they knew she didn’t even win the semi (nobody tell me the teams do not know about the results; I know they do).
They were her throwing in the shark pool yet they did everything so desperately to push her to victory.

AliceEsc

Sweden's win of course is fair according to the rules, but it feels so wrong in so many levels. It just enhances even more what many of us have been saying about the juries over the years. This system needs to be fixed, or we'll be here year after year discussing the same things.

Probably. They got what they wanted and sacrificed Loreen for that without hesitation. Actually I feel a bit sorry for her. They knew exactly what would happen if she didn’t win the televote yet they let her win the jury vote with a LANDSLIDE although they knew she didn’t even win the semi (nobody tell me the teams do not know about the results; I know they do).
They were her throwing in the shark pool yet they did everything so desperately to push her to victory.

The ratio of likes : dislikes on her Grand Final performance video is 1 : 3 in favour of dislikes.

I don't feel sorry for her. For the first time ever have I heard during live broadcast Croatian commentator, who is 55 yrs old and super sweet guy, complaining about her queen syndrome behaviour during press conference. She wasn't forced into anything.

Ezio

Veteran
I really didnt expect 3 Big 5 countries to bottom in the televote.

Serbia in the bottom 5 shows how vulnerable it is without most of their neighbours, but also Austria didnt vote for them for the first time, which is crazy, because this song was so much better than their abominal 2018 entry. Or Austro-Serbs joined Croats to vote for Let 3, who got 10 points from us. Usually Croatia falls behind Serbia, since their diaspora here is not as massive.

And Portugal and Austria basically tied 5th in the bottom 5. Yikes! 121 televoting points less in the final for Austria.

But "running order doesn't really matter" will continue in debates to come. Cesar Sampson prepped Teya & Salena that they would finish 5 places lower due to their running order. He himself saw his televote diminished in 2018 likewise.

Besides that, Romania 0 points goes to show that their diaspora wasn't enough for a single point.

The new diaspora powerhouses are Albania and Ukraine, joining Lithuania, Poland and Latvia.

ollibox

So here are all the final televoting and jury results split detailed. We bookies are quicker than Wikipedia once again! It was fun reading all your comments again this year.

SF1: https://www.escunited.com/forum/thr...s-and-live-show-discussion.26825/post-2336511
SF:2: https://www.escunited.com/forum/thr...s-and-live-show-discussion.26825/post-2336673

R/OHalfCountryParticipantSongPoints (Jury + Televote) - Click on picture to enlargeRankSort Descending
91st half Sweden SwedenTattoo583
1st
131st half Finland FinlandCha Cha Cha526
2nd
232nd half Israel IsraelUnicorn362
3rd
111st half Italy ItalyDue Vite350
4th
202nd half Norway NorwayQueen of Kings268 5th
192nd half Ukraine UkraineHeart Of Steel243 6th
162nd half Belgium BelgiumBecause Of You182 7th
121st half Estonia EstoniaBridges168
8th
152nd half Australia AustraliaPromise151
9th
142nd half Czechia CzechiaMy Sister's Crown129
10th
222nd half Lithuania LithuaniaStay127
11th
71st half Cyprus CyprusBreak A Broken Heart126
12th
252nd half Croatia CroatiaMama ŠČ!123
13th
172nd half Armenia ArmeniaFuture Lover122
14th
11st half Austria AustriaWho The Hell Is Edgar?120
15th
61st half France FranceÉvidemment104
16th
81st half Spain SpainEaea100
17th
182nd half Moldova MoldovaSoarele şi Luna96
18th
41st half Poland PolandSolo93
19th
31st half Switzerland SwitzerlandWatergun92
20th
242nd half Slovenia SloveniaCarpe Diem78
21st
101st half Albania AlbaniaDuje76
22nd
21st half Portugal PortugalAi Coração59
23rd
51st half Serbia SerbiaSamo Mi Se Spava30
24th
262nd halfUnited KingdomI Wrote A Song24
25th
212nd halfGerrmanyBlood & Glitter18
26th
Nice work! Please do Estonia as well?

NeoTen

So some small notes to end it;
  • Albania.....Oh my f.. god... received 12 points of the ROTW.
  • Cyprus did get 12 points from Greece in the SF.
  • Latvia was third in the ROTW vote, opening up a possibility for future editions.
  • 4(!) countries received more 12 points than Sweden in SF1: Israel, Finland, Moldova and even Portugal!
  • The western countries seem to gain more from the ROTW as it appears Western, SE-Asian folks vote a lot as songs that fit their music charts are up there, making the ESF more Swedish once again.... and a little Albanian.
  • You saw it right. Nobody from the televoting gave Sweden 12 points. 18 gave Finland.

Ezio

Veteran
Australia and Austria went from Top 2 in the semi to bottom 2 out of this semi in the GF. Absolutely crazy. Austria actually was the least voted for act out of semi 2 ultimately.

But we had the honour of opening the GF, yay

PlasticToad

Australia and Austria went from Top 2 in the semi to bottom 2 out of this semi in the GF. Absolutely crazy. Austria actually was the least voted for act out of semi 2 ultimately.

But we had the honour of opening the GF, yay
Tbh, it's stuff like this that makes me appreciate juries. They were totally screwed over televote-wise and it's almost impossible to counter that - someone's always got to go first... Idk why they put Finland after like 3 ballads in a row too, it had a similar effect to Moldova last year. But if they'd done it in a different way I'm sure I'd find some problem with it too. Running order is a big issue when there's 26 countries in the final. Sometimes I wonder if there should be less...

Jokuc

1. They did get 12 points from televote
2. They didn't win over a competitor with efin 2ND BIGGEST TELEVOTE IN ESC HISTORY

You really cannot be that much of Sweden's fanwanker not to realize how desperately WRONG this result is!
How is it wrong? Judges are equally important in the voting process as the public vote and have always been. It's not wrong just because you don't like their decision lol. You can argue you don't like the judge system but this is the system we have right now, she won fair and square.

Ezio

Veteran
Tbh, it's stuff like this that makes me appreciate juries. They were totally screwed over televote-wise and it's almost impossible to counter that - someone's always got to go first... Idk why they put Finland after like 3 ballads in a row too, it had a similar effect to Moldova last year. But if they'd done it in a different way I'm sure I'd find some problem with it too. Running order is a big issue when there's 26 countries in the final. Sometimes I wonder if there should be less...
I was also wondering about these three ballads. They should have put us in between there. But with 2 points more than Loreen in the semi, we were an apparent threat.

The running order also did Australia dirty. They won the semi and were at the beginning of the second half. The early slots in the second half also a notorious for underscoring.

Top Bottom