Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - FINAL REHEARSALS AND LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION

Limone

The background clowns are actually Maria Zakharova...

saint-petersburg-russia-15-june-260nw-2167946251.jpg

...in the gym

hd-composite-russian-official.jpg

EBU and most of people don't get it so the Croats are silently happy about the fact noone managed to ban having mockery of Russian MFA Spokeswoman for 3 minutes straight in Eurovision prime-time. 🤣
How do you know that? Did LET 3 talk about their performance details live on Croatian TV or their social media? or? wow, it’s a revelation to me. What a smart mockery. Of HER. Evil b….

simori95

I‘m sure nobody cares, but (strictly) contest wise, my Top has changed a lot. Doesn’t mean I enjoy the songs to a different degree than before, but the „whole package“ sure did.

Semi 1:
1. Israel (+2)
2. Moldova (=)
3. Sweden (-2)
4. Malta (+1)
5. Finland (+2)
6. Switzerland (+2)
7. Latvia (-3)
8. Czechia (+4)
9. Portugal (=)
10. Netherlands (-4)
11. Ireland (-1)
12. Norway (-1)
13. Serbia (=)
14. Croatia (=)
15. Azerbaijan (=)

Semi 2:
1. Austria (+4)
2. Georgia (+10)
3. Poland (+11)
4. Cyprus (-3)
5. Lithuania (-3)
6. Armenia (+2)
7. Estonia (-4)
8. San Marino (+2)
9. Belgium (=)
10. Slovenia (+1)
11. Denmark (-5)
12. Australia (-5)
13. Greece (-9)
14. Albania (+1)
15. Iceland (-2)
16. Romania (=)

12Pointsgoto.....

Semi 2:
2. Georgia (+10)
3. Poland (+11)

13. Greece (-9)
I loved Georgia's and Poland's rehearsals, but were they really that good to make Poland got from third last to third and georgia from 12th to second? Also greece dropping 9 positions is kind of deserved.

simori95

I loved Georgia's and Poland's rehearsals, but were they really that good to make Poland got from third last to third and georgia from 12th to second? Also greece dropping 9 positions is kind of deserved.
A lot of it has to do with my personal taste and previous perception of the songs. Both songs had potential to be much higher for me even before the rehearsals but the execution of the whole feel (MV or NF performance) made them score worse cause I either didn’t „get it“ (Georgia) or it was bad (Poland). Blanka was only so low for me because everything about it seemed cheap, although the song itself is something that I could enjoy a lot more if everything comes together. And since the vocals weren’t really all that audible in the tiktok and the staging looks gorgeous and perfectly appropriate for the song to me, it’s like „the full potential of the entry was unleashed“ for me. With Georgia, of course it didn’t seem cheap before, but it felt very inconsistent, I was personally lacking the „soul“ of the entry if you will, and their staging again pulled it all together nicely. But that’s just me and this isn’t my final ranking, obviously we are still fishing somewhat in the dark about the final products.

heke1988

Ezio

Veteran

crashworld

Veteran
thats not scoreboard that mimicat calling out RTP

RTP is "too poor" to fly in a couch for Mimicat. Then why not turn to GoFundMe or sorts? I am sure there are plenty of fans who are willing to part their money to support their entries.

crashworld

Veteran
Artists shouldnt have to crowdfund their staging though that is the issue

Not saying that's not true. But the thing is if the broadcaster is not going to help the artist no matter what, then for the artist (and the delegation), either you resign to fate and accept what you are given or take matters into your own hands and find ways to get the funding (outside the broadcaster) you need to realize the staging concept you want to.

I mean didn't Victoria from Bulgaria 2021 (& her delegation) did that by securing sponsors outside the broadcaster to fund her ESC journey.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Not saying that's not true. But the thing is if the broadcaster is not going to help the artist no matter what, then for the artist (and the delegation), either you resign to fate and accept what you are given or take matters into your own hands and find ways to get the funding (outside the broadcaster) you need to realize the staging concept you want to.

I mean didn't Victoria from Bulgaria 2021 (& her delegation) did that by securing sponsors outside the broadcaster to fund her ESC journey.
Didnt Elina Nechayeva have to raise like €‎40,000 for her 2018 dress? Crazy

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I mean, they don't necessarily need a big budget to create something that is slick and effective. They just have to be clever about it, which I think in many respects they are. I may not like Portugals run of entries recently (like at all) but they've got some pretty decent results from very simple staging. If Portugal were getting tragic results and everything just looked so bad year after year i'd get it being a major concern, but I think for Portugal it's necessarily isn't. That said though, idk what domestic politics etc is around the arts in Portugal but they should adequately be invested in - that is where some other countries excel so massively when it comes to the arts.

Top Bottom