Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Lindon

Do you find one of the semi finals better than the other one ?
Semifinal 1 seems to me musically more interesting but more predictable than semifinal 2 as far as the outcome is concerned.

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
The updated version of the competitor's tropes in Eurovision 2022, complete with all forty competing countries:

The ass-droppersThe ethnic bopsThe sad ladiesThe sad gentlemen
:es: :al: :ro: :il::ua: :md: :fr: :cy::lt: :mk: :nl: :me: :se: :pt: :gr::it: :ch: :au: :pl: :az: :de: :uk: :be:
The rockersThe disco bopsThe what-the fucksA singer with their guitar
:bg: :fi: :sm: :dk::lv: :sl: :ie: :at: :cz::no: :rs: :ge: :mt::ee: :hr: :am: :is:

Chiarina

Semi 1 is way more diverse and interesting to watch.
I already know my father will look at me during semi 2 and ask me why everybody is singing in English apart from Serbia and then he'll start to rant about how we should go back to the language rule xrofl

voteme

This is totally minor considering what's happening... But is there anyway the EBU can organise to allow Ukrainians who have been displaced to be able to vote for televotes?

Maybe using the app, you just have to enter your address/passport details or something? Sure it could be open to fraud, but it would be nice if they could do something...

crashworld

Veteran
I particularly do not care about SF1, I couldn't care less who qualify as long The Netherlands, Norway and Croatia qualify.
The entries that I feel strongly about are over there (ie. Poland & Israel) and my top 10 are mostly there (ie. Poland, Israel, Montenegro, Ireland and Czech Republic).

How I will describe both SF:
  • SF1: More open and unpredictable.
  • SF2: More intense and competitive.

MopManMoss

Veteran
This is totally minor considering what's happening... But is there anyway the EBU can organise to allow Ukrainians who have been displaced to be able to vote for televotes?

Maybe using the app, you just have to enter your address/passport details or something? Sure it could be open to fraud, but it would be nice if they could do something...
They'll still have Ukranian SIM cards surely

crashworld

Veteran
14 acts from this year's competition are confirmed for Spain's PreParty:
  • Albania – Ronela Hajati
  • Belgium – Jérémie Makiese
  • Czech Republic – We Are Domi
  • Croatia – Mia Dimšić
  • Estonia – Stefan
  • Finland – The Rasmus
  • Ireland – Brooke
  • Latvia – Citi Zēni
  • Lithuania – Monika Liu
  • Malta – Emma Muscat
  • Montenegro – Vladana
  • Poland – Ochman
  • Romania – WRS
  • Serbia – Konstrakta
Source:

Iker

Veteran
2011 did have that, it’s just a miracle that so many people voted for Azerbaijan in the end. But to be fair, it was in my top 10 too, around #5-6. I can see why people voted for them, at that point couple songs, especially ballads, were very popular.

But, with Eric Saade and Jedward, we had two extremely outstanding performances. Even fan flop Getter had an amazing performance - too bad she was such a bad performer and live singer otherwise she would have ended up higher. There were many more song I could mention but 2011 had lots of winner worthy performances and entertaining songs. It’s not that we didn’t have anything spectacular. In fact, for my taste, we had more original and creative performances and songs back then than we had the last years.
TBH I am still of opinion that Azerbaijan might have got the edge because of some fishy actions on their part. There is quite a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting that claim.

'Running Scared' was/is somewhere around 15th to 18th place in my own personal ranking that year, so ... in a better half of entries. It certainly helped that a few pre-contest fan faves had bad live performances like Estonia (do you remember Rockefeller Street?). The live vocals there sucked.

As a winner though it is the least appealing one to me out of all winners post Marie N in 2002.

There was no entry that stood out head and shoulders above others that year neither in common perception or in my own.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I know there were rumours Azerbaijan helped a bit to become the winner. I‘m pretty sure there were some shady things going on. But, despite all that, I think it’s not a surprise they were ending up in the top. Even without manipulation it wasn’t definitely as bad as people claimed.
And yeah, Getter was sooo bad live. Biggest fan flop ever probably.

Nicholas123

I don't know how accurate is this app in predicting, but i'd be very surprised if i saw Spain at #2, Austria, at #5 and Albania at #6 in the final.

Last edited:
Top Bottom