Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Lindon

It's a snapshot. You have to average it with Spotify.

I bims

Veteran
I don't know how accurate is this app in predicting, but i'd be very surprised if i'd see Spain at #2, Austria, at #5 and Albania at #6 in the final.
The app could at best give a hint who might do well with the televote. But San Marino and Cyprus dominated the app last year, but then flopped in the televote, so... it's pretty useless?

Lindon

I know im probably in the minority but id be surprised to see Spain in the top 10
It was the 7th most streamed ESC-2022 track on Spotify Mar 21
There are some notable similarities

Edit: Yesterday same order on Spotify.

Most-streamed #Eurovision 2022 songs on Spotify yesterday (Mar 22):
1. Brividi (473,509 streams) 🇮🇹
2. Hold Me Closer (305,641) 🇸🇪
3. De diepte (240,066) 🇳🇱
4. Halo (90,882) 🇦🇹
5. Give That Wolf a Banana (87,166) 🇳🇴
6. Stefania (86,509) 🇺🇦
7. SloMo (83,358) 🇪🇸

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
As I have said before, ESC community is just a fraction of the public vote. What's popular with the fandom may not be a good representation of the general public vote. It can give you somewhat an indication, but it won't matter much. At the end of the day, who gives the most memorable performance of the night will emerge victorious. Haven't we all learnt about this when your hot favourites crash and burn and some entries will emerge out of nowhere to steal the slots.

Learn to take the pre-rehearsals hype and rating with a pinch of salt. I seriously can't wait to see who are going to crash and who are going to surprise us.

crashworld

Veteran
19 acts from the class of 2022 will perform at London Eurovision Party:
  1. Austria – LUM!X feat. Pia Maria
  2. Belgium – Jérémie Makiese
  3. Bulgaria – Intelligent Music Project
  4. Croatia – Mia Dimšić
  5. Czech Republic – We Are Domi
  6. Estonia – Stefan
  7. Germany – Malik Harris
  8. Ireland – Brooke
  9. Latvia – Citi Zēni
  10. Lithuania – Monika Liu
  11. Malta – Emma Muscat
  12. Montenegro – Vladana
  13. North Macedonia – Andrea
  14. Norway – Subwoolfer
  15. Poland – Ochman
  16. Romania – WRS
  17. Spain – Chanel
  18. Sweden – Cornelia Jakobs
  19. United Kingdom – Sam Ryder
Source:

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
Not to be rude but I think the userbase of the app seems to be overwhelmingly gay men which are more inclined to rate certain acts above others when compared to the general voting population

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I don't know how accurate is this app in predicting, but i'd be very surprised if i saw Spain at #2, Austria, at #5 and Albania at #6 in the final.

Well considering how harshly the Spanish points has fluctated and risen in line with new entries that have rivalled it for first i'd take most scoring on that app with a pinch of salt tbh

Lindon

Well considering how harshly the Spanish points has fluctated and risen in line with new entries that have rivalled it for first i'd take most scoring on that app with a pinch of salt tbh
and Spotify?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I'm talking about the similarities. they show very similar trends.

Yeah, but the better tell would be what % of the number of listens fall from outside of Spain - and this goes for any entry. Italy and Russia every year dominate in numbers of listens, but a lot of them are from within their own countries. Not trying downplay Spain, it's literally one of my favourites this year, just saying it's not just quite clear cut.

Lindon

Yeah, but the better tell would be what % of the number of listens fall from outside of Spain - and this goes for any entry. Italy and Russia every year dominate in numbers of listens, but a lot of them are from within their own countries. Not trying downplay Spain, it's literally one of my favourites this year, just saying it's not just quite clear cut.
My focus is not on Spain. My focus is on Austria. Btw 90 % of the Spotify streams of Austria are from outside the country.

popavapeur

If spotify was used and popular in all countries this would have been a good indicator but it's not.

In France Spotify is popular but there's others streaming platforms and usually the most streamed songs aren't always the best selling on the real or online market and basically that's the people that are willing to pay for a song that matters.

But gathering a lot of different sources can be a good indicator though, I guess we didn't see yet a last place in a lot of online polls winning at the end right ? So there is some truth hidden here and there when you combine multiple sources. Basically we can find which countries are gonna do well even now... and some surprises we didn't expect will come for the best or the worse.

mup

Parco del Valentino will host the Eurovillage, with big screens to broadcast the live shows. Here are some photos of the nearby places:

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

On the other side of the river Po you'll find a quarter named Crimea.
Did they choose this location to troll a non-participating country? :sneaky: :LOL:

to99525.png

crashworld

Veteran
Over 20 acts will attend this year's Israel Calling (a 4-day event), however, so far the following artists have confirmed their participation:
  • Albania – Ronela Hajaiti – Sekret
  • Estonia – Stefan – Hope
  • Germany – Malik Harris – Rockstars
  • Montenegro – Vladana – Breathe
  • Malta – Emma Muscat – I Am What I Am
  • Poland – Ochman – River
  • Romania – WRS – Llamame
Surely, Michael will be part of the event. Will update once more artists have been announced.

Source: https://eurovoix.com/2022/03/24/🇮🇱-israel-over-20-acts-to-perform-at-israel-calling-2022/

Top Bottom