Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Ianp16

Am I the only person trying to avoid seeing any rehearsal pics and betting odds? I want to be surprised by what I see next week! I think I'm going to have to stop clicking on this forum for another week or so :(

ESC94

Am I the only person trying to avoid seeing any rehearsal pics and betting odds? I want to be surprised by what I see next week! I think I'm going to have to stop clicking on this forum for another week or so :(

Nope, you´re not alone. I sometimes take a quick look at the betting odds, but I completely ignore the reports about the rehearsals. I wanna be suprised. :)

EscGeek

Veteran
If i were to see everything on the night of the semi final, 90% of small details would went over my head, so it's better to take everything in within the next two weeks.

Ezio

Veteran
OMG you all, have you seen @Matt 's Top 10 winners of the decade already?

I cannot believe it, but it is basically the same that I got, same BOTTOM 3 in exact order, same TOP 2 in a slightly different order. I only differ slightly on 1 or 2 songs opinion-wise

crashworld

Veteran
To be honest, I think I am going to stop following the rehearsals real time and read the commentaries so diligently. I feel burnt out and "stressed" because my favourites are not doing well with the fandom. It should be a fun and enjoyable experience to watch Eurovision.

I am just going to watch those clips on the ESC channel, read the forums' comments and that's it.
At the end of the day, whatever opinions by these fan sites or how the odds are doing do not matter, the fate of an entrant lies entirely on the juries and the public and that itself is a big unknown.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
OMG you all, have you seen @Matt 's Top 10 winners of the decade already?

I cannot believe it, but it is basically the same that I got, same BOTTOM 3 in exact order, same TOP 2 in a slightly different order. I only differ slightly on 1 or 2 songs opinion-wise

aww, thanks so much.

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
To be honest, I think I am going to stop following the rehearsals real time and read the commentaries so diligently. I feel burnt out and "stressed" because my favourites are not doing well with the fandom. It should be a fun and enjoyable experience to watch Eurovision.

I am just going to watch those clips on the ESC channel, read the forums' comments and that's it.
At the end of the day, whatever opinions by these fan sites or how the odds are doing do not matter, the fate of an entrant lies entirely on the juries and the public and that itself is a big unknown.

yeah people are being so negative and i really don't understand why

Storm

I try to avoid rehearsal pics and clips but I do like to know what's going on, who is doing well, who is struggling.

esc87fan

I haven't watched any of the clips thus far, I made it my mission not to intently follow the rehearsals this year. The only thing I want to watch tomorrow is Gjon's meet and greet session

crashworld

Veteran
I haven't watched any of the clips thus far, I made it my mission not to intently follow the rehearsals this year. The only thing I want to watch tomorrow is Gjon's meet and greet session
Good for you. Luckily your favourite is a big favourite of this year's contest.

hzalfa

I don't know if a post here is the best way to advertise it (maybe there should be a thread about it? IDK), but RAI has randomly uploaded a bunch of clips with interviews/covers/Eurovision songs with the Eurovision 2021 artists on their streaming website called Italian Eurovision Party (link). I have no idea if a VPN is needed or if someone already advertised it on the forum, but I found nothing in the Italy thread or in the general discussion board, so here it is.

EDIT: it randomly became unavailable from that link, but the videos can still be accessed by searching "Eurovision" on raiplay.it

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran
New group of spokespeople added:

:al: Andri Xhahu
:cz: Taťána Kuchařová
:gr: Manolis Gkinis (at age 12, he will be the youngest spokesperson in contest history)
:is: Hannes Óli Ágústsson (as Olaf Yohansson, aka the "Ja Ja Ding Dong" Guy)
:pl: Ida Nowakowska (co-host of JESC 2019 and 2020)
:sm: Monica Fabbri
:sl: Lorella Flego
I heard Ida recently became mother....

Realest

Its Time for professional Juries to be revealed. Usually theyre revealed around the 28th-30th April.

Loindici

Veteran
Its Time for professional Juries to be revealed. Usually theyre revealed around the 28th-30th April.

Glad you're asking, I'm also wondering where the juror list is.

crashworld

Veteran
For anyone who is interested in watching the press's meet & greet sessions with the entrants, you can view them here:

Top Bottom