Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Lindon

I'm shocked. The EBU has changed the rules for 2021. Backing vocals can now be provided by the backing track.

Mimmon

Veteran
I'm shocked. The EBU has changed the rules for 2021. Backing vocals can now be provided by the backing track.
Like in Melfest so Im not mad for this decision...

Mimmon

Veteran
Like in Melfest so Im not mad for this decision...
To backing up the my comment.. Nobody likes the change at first and sooner or later we will get adjusted to the change... Also those who are making the petitions to get back to change,hold on the horses because they won't do it...

Lindon

Eurovision vocal fetishists in shambles

Björkman's contest xqueenbitch
:lol:
Not only am I a vocal fetishist, I also want the orchestra back.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I don't understand, why are so many fans so fond of the orchestra back then, and want it to be used again despite being useless and nonsensical, but are perfectly fine with studio versions of 80% of the entries performed with that, that nowadays quite literally don't exist in any digital format?

anto475

We have to be very careful with this. They need to be raw, un-edited vocals, or any broadcaster with good autotune software can enter and completely destroy the spirit of the contest

MalagaToledo

Banned
Bjorkman and Osterdahl will do anything that certain country surpasses Ireland for the record number of wins. Literally, anything that benefits certain country. I can't tell which country. Its a top secret. :unsure::sneaky:xshrug

I don't like anything about Dutch organisation. I only like certain artists so much. I don't like new rule. This is not lip sync. U are there to show vocal talent. We already have fake instruments, now we have to deal with guys lyp syncing. Who can be in favour of such nonsense. xwallxgaah:sick:

Ezio

Veteran
"Let the Eurovision begin" will be replaced by

giphy.gif

You can take off your wig

giphy.gif

But you must not wear a mouth nose mask.

giphy.gif

Ezio

Veteran
However, I still don't believe that Eurovision as we know it, will take place next year. Covid-19 is still here and will control and take our lives much harder next winter. Swedish executives can rig the contet in their favour as much as they want. If it doesn't take place, it's for nothing.

EDC0708

Out of interest, I notice the EBU lowered the maximum number of countries to 44 starting from last year, it was previously 46. Does anyone know what system is in place now if more than 44 countries signed up, is priority given to countries who participated the most in the last five contests?

DanielLuis

Out of interest, I notice the EBU lowered the maximum number of countries to 44 starting from last year, it was previously 46. Does anyone know what system is in place now if more than 44 countries signed up, is priority given to countries who participated the most in the last five contests?
Maybe they'd go back to using a relegation system?
But, to be honest,if countries like Luxembourg, Turkey or Monaco eventually return and the number of 44 is exceeded I'm pretty sure the EBU would decide to just let everyone take part and expand the number of countries in the semis.

EDC0708

Maybe they'd go back to using a relegation system?
But, to be honest,if countries like Luxembourg, Turkey or Monaco eventually return and the number of 44 is exceeded I'm pretty sure the EBU would decide to just let everyone take part and expand the number of countries in the semis.

Thanks! Yes, that seems the likely situation (since the EBU did that in 2007 to let Czech Republic and Georgia debut) if Luxembourg finally came back after nearly 30 years, unlikely they would be asked to wait another year.

anto475

At least under Jon Ola Sand, the rules have seemed to be more recommendations than regulations, so if Osterdahl is the same then we should be alright if more than 44 countries want to take part

JohnArg

Top Bottom