Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

FilipFromSweden

I just realized the EBU pulled the same stunt already twice (2015, 2019)

First putting Italy ahead in the voting and then let them have caught up by Sweden. And the big points for Sweden are usually towards the end.
Not really
The voting order in 2015 was based off of jury voting
The voting order in 2019 was random

mauve

Veteran
Don't know if this was posted here already ...

midnightsun

Veteran
I think it’s a fair solution. Before 1997 the jury had to watch the dress rehearsals too and then judge - the Eurovision grand final night was only for the audience who didn’t vote anyway, so it was just „show“ ... the votes were based on the rehearsals like it still is today for the juries, so you can judge a recorded performance as well.
Anyway, I hope nobody will get to use their backups because I guess live atmosphere is in another league. Gjon of Switzerland already said he really hopes he will be able to perform because he wasn’t satisfied with the recording. According to him it wasn’t his best live performance.

heke1988

I calculated, that there is 4524 points to share in 2021 ESC Grand Final. Because countries can't vote their country, max. points, which one country can get in 2021 ESC Grand final, is 912 points. Of course that is not going to happen. I think, if there is no clear winner, this year's winner will get around 375-450 total points.

Ezio

Veteran

empo21

Veteran
Looks like they choose a country with a poorer Q record, but overall liked, so there's tension revealing the final qualifier.

My totally random guess would be Belgium. And San Marino?

Loindici

Veteran
The odds are...

xcookie

harey

So I'm doing a small eurovision contest with friends and family members who send me their votes without knowing each others points. There were 13 voters.

On SF1, 6 voters (including myself but I put my points before receiving results):
top 3 is Russia (42 points), Sweden (39 points), Ukraine and Lituania (both 31 points).
NQ (from 11th to 16th place): Belgium, North Macedonia, Romania, Australia, Croatia, Slovenia.

On SF2, 7 voters:
top 3 is Finland (66 points), Iceland (43 points), Czech republic (36 points).
NQ (from 11th to 16th place): Switzerland, Georgia, Greece, Poland, Estonia, Moldova, Serbia.

I have received feedback from some voters on SF2 who didn't enjoy the songs as much as last year.

Well, it's just for fun but maybe you would enjoy my report!

Mimmon

Veteran
Afrojack incoming

Zeus

Just read an Dutch article where the head of contest said that there really is one act who surprised him (song not that much earlier on). He said that this act will take a lot of risks with the staging and that it would be a challenge for them. He already saw some footage somewhere in a gym and said that if it will work out, it's something he never has seen before.

You can't really say much about it with this information, but which country do you guys think this will be about?

I don't expect it to be one of the bookies favourites, he said that it was a surprise for him.

My guess would be someone really creative or an artist/group with strong character. Georgia, Czech Republic, Portugal, Belgium or Ukraine?

Realest

Just read an Dutch article where the head of contest said that there really is one act who surprised him (song not that much earlier on). He said that this act will take a lot of risks with the staging and that it would be a challenge for them. He already saw some footage somewhere in a gym and said that if it will work out, it's something he never has seen before.

You can't really say much about it with this information, but which country do you guys think this will be about?

I don't expect it to be one of the bookies favourites, he said that it was a surprise for him.

My guess would be someone really creative or an artist/group with strong character. Georgia, Czech Republic, Portugal, Belgium or Ukraine?

Its already confirmed that its :gr:

crashworld

Veteran
Go_A have just said in the Radio NV interview that a few performers have already notified the producers that they will stay at home. They revealed :au: Australia is among them.

So does that mean we won't have all the artists in Rotterdam? Oh dear. I guess the pandemic is not helping and there is no way that all artists will get vaccinated as it depends on each country's vaccination plans.

Then it makes me wonder if it's a choice that the delegation/artist made or it's because they just couldn't go due to restrictions.

Top Bottom