Contact us

Eurovision 2020 & The Corona Virus

Eurovision and Corona, what should be done?!

• Stick to May with audience

12 12.6%
  • Stick to May without audience

26 27.4%
  • Postpone to the summer

29 30.5%
  • Postpone to end of this year

16 16.8%
  • Postpone to next year

4 4.2%
  • Cancel Eurovision 2020

8 8.4%

• Total voters

lilka

If coronavirus happened in 2019, I'd LOVE to have the same songs this year, yes. :cool:
Let's make a Eurovision with some of the best previous entries. I want Greece 2006 and Estonia 2015! :D

cripesdude

Option 1 will not be possible, the songs this year will be disqualified and not vaild for next year.

My point is they change the rules for 2021 only to allow the 2020 songs...

MyHeartIsYours

Good decision, it is for the best. I think that the Netherlands should be able to host in 2021 if they want to, and that each country can carry over their 2020 entry to next year if they want to. I would support the United Kingdom carrying over our entry to 2021.

Wishing everyone good health.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Tinna Gi from the 2019 Moldovan NF had predicted EVERYTHING

B3stbeats

Last edited:

Quent91

Logged in on this forum for the first time in years, but the situation is worth it. Anyway, I'm really sad. I didn't see that coming at all.

I just hope the EBU will bend the rules regarding the exceptionnal situation and allow this year's artists to come back next year in Rotterdam with the songs they would have been performing in May.

I'm just thinking about the fact that this contest was alive for 65 years, without any interruption, I really thought only a war could stop the contest, but no, it's not even a war... And we're now all in this mess because of that chinese virus !

Puma11

I don't want to wait 14 months, only to hear these songs. It will year and half since we heard them. 😴😴

Since we'll wait total 2 years for esc, I need new songs, new national festivals, new material to talk about, otherwise it will be so fucking boring.
Wait two years, to hear 41 old songs in May... not.

Anyway, it will be stupid to have old+new songs next year and I'm like 99,9% sure that EBU won't allow it.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I don't want to wait 14 months, only to hear these songs. It will year and half since we heard them. 😴😴

Since we'll wait total 2 years for esc, I need new songs, new national festivals, new material to talk about, otherwise it will be so fucking boring.
Wait two years, to hear 41 old songs in May... not.

Anyway, it will be stupid to have old+new songs next year and I'm like 99,9% sure that EBU won't allow it.

This is a very disrespectful opinion, if you were a singer or a composer you wouldn't have this opinion.

HayashiM

Veteran
I still think having this schedule or something very similar would've been feasible if there was enough political will - though there isn't :( :
Eurovision 2020 in January 2021, with current songs
Eurovision 2021 in November 2021, with new songs
Eurovision 2022 in August 2022
Eurovision 2023 in May 2023.

I am sooo curious how this year's edition would have gone... But oh well, we all have bigger problems to worry about. Music never dies, so I am looking forward to all possible gems coming with the future contests :)

Last edited:

Puma11

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I think or if it's disrespectful or not... WE'LL HAVE NEW SONGS anyway. Like it or not.

I will be fine with having same 41 artists and songs but as we knows, many of them will host new nation finals so it's nonsense to have mix of old and new songs in one year and I'm pretty much sure that EBU won't allow it.

I feel sorry for them and I know it's not fair but that's the rule. It's an emergency and specific situation, no one expect it.

As I can see, many fans wants new songs either. xcookie

Loindici

Veteran
Well, EBU made the mess. They didn't even try to talk to the HoDs or even NPO regarding the cancellation. That's a disrespectful move on their part.

... And we're now all in this mess because of that Chinese virus !

Please do not cross any borders with this comment. All the virus knows was that it needs to improvise, adapt, and overcome. And viruses don't have nationalities - it just happened that it started from China out of all countries.

Last edited:

tomos2019

The only advantage for me of the cancellation and likely different songs next year is at least now people can't vote up that song by ''The Roop'' and I would probably rather songs I hate did badly than anything! :lol: xqueenbitch

Rhein

Well, EBU made the mess. They didn't even try to talk to the HoDs or even NPO regarding the cancellation. That's a disrespectful move on their part.

Please do not cross any borders with this comment. All the virus knows was that it needs to improvise, adapt, and overcome. And viruses don't have nationalities - it just happened that it started from China out of all countries.

The EBU didn't make a mess. Fourteen (14) delegations were absent from the HoD meeting because of Covid-19 (that's a sign). Many artists have been unable to travel to the Netherlands for their postcards and would have been unable to go to the pre-parties as restrictions will be extended (I believe this will take to the end of april, maybe even may). Furthermore, as we all know the reference group consists partly of previous organizers. I believe these people to be experienced enough to understand the difficult situation Europe and the world is in to make a balanced decision. And really, "What's Another Year?"

I hope for a great comeback of the Eurovision Song Contest next year in Rotterdam!

Loindici

Veteran
The EBU didn't make a mess. Fourteen (14) delegations were absent from the HoD meeting because of Covid-19 (that's a sign). Many artists have been unable to travel to the Netherlands for their postcards and would have been unable to go to the pre-parties as restrictions will be extended (I believe this will take to the end of april, maybe even may). Furthermore, as we all know the reference group consists partly of previous organizers. I believe these people to be experienced enough to understand the difficult situation Europe and the world is in to make a balanced decision. And really, "What's Another Year?"

I hope for a great comeback of the Eurovision Song Contest next year in Rotterdam!

The absence of the Head of Delegations was understandable, and yes, the delegations also know that pre-parties and other promotional events have been canceled in the name of COVID19.

The problem is, that, from what it looks like from outside, it seems as if nobody knew about the cancellation decision before the announcements took place. Rumors have said that NPO was informed 10-15 minutes before the announcement. The HoDs might know that cancellations might be possible to take place, but it was delivered in such a rushed way, it impressed me as if they're not informed that Eurovision 2020 is canceled before the announcement. It's as if EBU is acting unilaterally towards a decision involving 41 countries altogether, and now HoDs are trying to figure out how to change their plans for 2021. It's really a mess.

Quent91

oh come on I was waiting for that cringy gutmensch reply.
What border ? For telling the truth ? If people there weren't eating bat soups or pangolin or didn't have all of those terrible food habits, it wouldn't have happened ! Period.

Top Bottom