The Eurovision 2020 Online Dates

Semi-Final 1: Wednesday, 8 April 2020
Semi-Final 2: Friday, 10 April 2020
Final: Saturday, 25 April 2020

The voting in the Semi-Finals:
from 23 March to 5 April (2 weeks)
The voting for in the Final:
from 11 April to 19 April (9 days)​

In order to keep the Eurovision spirit alive and well, we intend to hold a full vote of our community here on the forum and enjoy what could have happened in May.

The Rules

The Jury

APPLY HERE TO BE A JUROR

1. Every country's jury has 5 members. Anyone can join a jury before it is complete.

2. As a member of jury you can only take part from the country you are from. If your country has reached the 5 members max, you can still take part but you will be allocated to one of the countries listed in rule 3 (below).

3. If you are from a country outside of the participants of 2020 (USA, Brazil, Indonesia, Turkey etc) then you can take part from countries with very few or no members, these include:

• Iceland
  • Belarus
  • Norway
  • Czech Republic
  • Georgia
  • Malta
  • Latvia
  • Israel

4. During the voting you rank each song in the semi from 1 to 16 (if you vote in the 1st Semi-final), from 1 to 17 (if you vote in the 2nd Semi-final) not including your own country or from 1 to 17-18 (if you vote as jury of Big5 or The Netherlands), and then from 1 to 25 in the final (if your country participates) or 1 to 26 if it does not participate in the final. You must send your votes to your head of Jury.

Head of Jury

1. Each country will have 1 Head of Jury who you will send your votes to.

2. As Head of Jury, you are responsible for combing all of the ranks to create 1 set of 12, 10, 8-1 votes from the jury and then sending these votes to the main host by the specified deadline. Only be a HoJ if you’re a fully active member of the forum with time. We don’t want to be chasing the HoJ up to send votes.

3. After all 5 members cast their votes to the HOJ, the average place of each country will be counted, the highest ranked country gets 12 points and so on by Eurovision system. These points as well as the spreadsheet showing the juries full breakdown must be sent to the Eurovision account.

4. All details of your juries voting must be kept private to your jury until after the final results, or you will be disqualified. However, jurors can share how they voted with other members of their own jury. For example if you’re in the British Jury, you can show the other members of the British jury, but not the German Jury.

The Televoting

1. Every forum member can vote in the televoting of any Semifinal and/or Final.

2. As a televoter you will have 20 'SMS' votes to allocate as you wish among the songs. You cannot vote for the country you are from. You must send your 'SMS' votes to the host account Eurovision

3. All the televoting 'SMS' will be counted all together and translated (by percentage) to equal to juries number of points.

It is important to note that we intend to have a jury vote from every country. While we are hopeful we can achieve this, it does mean that should we fail to receive a jury vote from any country, we will create an aggregated jury vote for them based on the jury votes of their pot members (or the other PQ countries in the case of the big 5 + host). In the same style the EBU would in Eurovision with a disqualified jury.

❗Note that we can't predict for now how many people participate, so we can extend some rules according to situation

Last edited by a moderator:

RubenML

I didn't know where to put this but...

I've been thinking a little about an idea for the grand final show. And I don't know if it's already part of the plan (I wasn't able to find anything about in the threat though). ANYHOW. I was thinking - to make it as much like the real eurovision - it would be fun, if there were someone (maybe the HoJ or just a jury member) to tell live which country the national jury has given 12 points (like in the real eurovision). I think it might be possible to find at least 1 person out of 5 jury members who will watch the show and give the 12 points live (it could just be by voice and not a live picture in case we want to be anonymous)? I don't know. Maybe it's impossible. I don't know if it's hard to manage technically too. But IF it could, I think it would be so fun!

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I didn't know where to put this but...

I've been thinking a little about an idea for the grand final show. And I don't know if it's already part of the plan (I wasn't able to find anything about in the threat though). ANYHOW. I was thinking - to make it as much like the real eurovision - it would be fun, if there were someone (maybe the HoJ or just a jury member) to tell live which country the national jury has given 12 points (like in the real eurovision). I think it might be possible to find at least 1 person out of 5 jury members who will watch the show and give the 12 points live (it could just be by voice and not a live picture in case we want to be anonymous)? I don't know. Maybe it's impossible. I don't know if it's hard to manage technically too. But IF it could, I think it would be so fun!
Thanks for spoiler of my plans :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great minds think alike :cool:

But to be more realistic, lets first see how semifinal streams come

Top Bottom