The Eurovision 2020 Online Dates

Semi-Final 1: Wednesday, 8 April 2020
Semi-Final 2: Friday, 10 April 2020
Final: Saturday, 25 April 2020

The voting in the Semi-Finals:
from 23 March to 5 April (2 weeks)
The voting for in the Final:
from 11 April to 19 April (9 days)​

In order to keep the Eurovision spirit alive and well, we intend to hold a full vote of our community here on the forum and enjoy what could have happened in May.

The Rules

The Jury

APPLY HERE TO BE A JUROR

1. Every country's jury has 5 members. Anyone can join a jury before it is complete.

2. As a member of jury you can only take part from the country you are from. If your country has reached the 5 members max, you can still take part but you will be allocated to one of the countries listed in rule 3 (below).

3. If you are from a country outside of the participants of 2020 (USA, Brazil, Indonesia, Turkey etc) then you can take part from countries with very few or no members, these include:

• Iceland
  • Belarus
  • Norway
  • Czech Republic
  • Georgia
  • Malta
  • Latvia
  • Israel

4. During the voting you rank each song in the semi from 1 to 16 (if you vote in the 1st Semi-final), from 1 to 17 (if you vote in the 2nd Semi-final) not including your own country or from 1 to 17-18 (if you vote as jury of Big5 or The Netherlands), and then from 1 to 25 in the final (if your country participates) or 1 to 26 if it does not participate in the final. You must send your votes to your head of Jury.

Head of Jury

1. Each country will have 1 Head of Jury who you will send your votes to.

2. As Head of Jury, you are responsible for combing all of the ranks to create 1 set of 12, 10, 8-1 votes from the jury and then sending these votes to the main host by the specified deadline. Only be a HoJ if you’re a fully active member of the forum with time. We don’t want to be chasing the HoJ up to send votes.

3. After all 5 members cast their votes to the HOJ, the average place of each country will be counted, the highest ranked country gets 12 points and so on by Eurovision system. These points as well as the spreadsheet showing the juries full breakdown must be sent to the Eurovision account.

4. All details of your juries voting must be kept private to your jury until after the final results, or you will be disqualified. However, jurors can share how they voted with other members of their own jury. For example if you’re in the British Jury, you can show the other members of the British jury, but not the German Jury.

The Televoting

1. Every forum member can vote in the televoting of any Semifinal and/or Final.

2. As a televoter you will have 20 'SMS' votes to allocate as you wish among the songs. You cannot vote for the country you are from. You must send your 'SMS' votes to the host account Eurovision

3. All the televoting 'SMS' will be counted all together and translated (by percentage) to equal to juries number of points.

It is important to note that we intend to have a jury vote from every country. While we are hopeful we can achieve this, it does mean that should we fail to receive a jury vote from any country, we will create an aggregated jury vote for them based on the jury votes of their pot members (or the other PQ countries in the case of the big 5 + host). In the same style the EBU would in Eurovision with a disqualified jury.

❗Note that we can't predict for now how many people participate, so we can extend some rules according to situation

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Thank you for doing this!

I'd love to see users apply for taking part in this and getting drawn into individual juries (2 juries per participating country + 2 juries for "Rest of the World") so that we can "re-create" some sort of a "Televoting" and "Jury" results moment.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
We can "re-create" this moment by having 82 individual juries consisting of 1 up to 5 users each (depending on how many people wanna take part).

FilipFromSweden

This is going to be so exciting!!! xcheer

I sincerely hope everyone who takes part does so with love and full respect. Please don't punish any entry because your favorite didn't win the NF. Please listen to all entries even if you've heard them all before already, don't give a country a harder time just because you believe they have a great chance to win.

Not directed towards anyone in particular, I wouldn't be on this forum if I didn't enjoy opinionizing with you all!

Mainshow

Veteran
This is going to be so exciting!!! xcheer

I sincerely hope everyone who takes part does so with love and full respect. Please don't punish any entry because your favorite didn't win the NF. Please listen to all entries even if you've heard them all before already, don't give a country a harder time just because you believe they have a great chance to win.

Not directed towards anyone in particular, I wouldn't be on this forum if I didn't enjoy opinionizing with you all!

I fully support this.

I can only speak for myself but seeing Eurovision cancelled did make vanish all my anger that Dotter, Erika, Elvana didn't win their national finals. I don't see the point of fans "down-voting" entries because they are bitter that their favourites didn't win, though.

Zeus

Thank you for doing this!

I'd love to see user apply for taking part in this and getting drawn into individual juries (2 juries per participating country + 2 juries for "Rest of the World") so that we can "re-create" some sort of a "Televoting" and "Jury" results moment.
Great idea. I would be okay with having a vote as "Jury"-member hands I'm more like a classical music-snob and less a typical Eurovision-fanboy or girl. I think seperate jury-voters and televoters would make a nice difference in who comes on top in both rankings as well. Even more if you would ask jury-voters to make up their rankings based on specific criteria like vocal quality, creativity in arrangements or whatever. I think you would get a different outcome compared to just ask for the songs you just happen to like the most or end up singing along. Would make the outcomes even more realistic and fun.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Absolutely fantastic idea and any help you need, just let me know xup Although I don't know if there are many people with no free time at the moment :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Just to remind you all that I’m the most Sammarinese person here and that country will obviously need a juror x

JamieBrown

If there's any motivation for me to listen to 41 (now pointless?) entries, than it's this forum and this game. I'm in. And I'm curious to find out how the mods recreate the eurovision feeling xcheer

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
If there's any motivation for me to listen to 41 (now pointless?) entries, than it's this forum and this game. I'm in. And I'm curious to find out how the mods recreate the eurovision feeling xcheer

We'll recreate a feeling of mass disappointment when huge favourites crash and burn in the semis for something no one likes and leave every one vexed at the end when there is winner everyone has to settle for but no one truly loves and it then later turns out several jurors voted incorrectly. xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
edit: oops this insane forum lag got me double posting x

Zonne147

This season had everything to be boring after one of most heartbreaking announcements of 2020 so far, I'm excited now xheya

I will help too on what you need... I can't wait to see how everything will work

DenizESC

Banned
SIS IF IM NOT A JUDGE THAN Y IS THIS FORUM EVEN??!!

ALSO, I can be judge of the Netherlands and ROJ = Turkey and San Marino is lowkey Turkey as well so...

I'm versatile, pick me.

Top Bottom