Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauve

Veteran
C'mon Italy! Good luck! xheart

The game is as complicated as I had imagined. However:

-) Busquets and Koke are missing a yellow card
-) a corner kick for Italy towards the end of the first half.
-) Barella's foul on Busquets was not there. The Italian player took the ball.
-) there was Busquets foul on Emerson Palmieri.

Italy's mistakes:

-) Barella was slow to shoot on goal on two occasions.
-) Insigne had to pass the ball to Emerson Palmieri in the penalty area.
-) Emerson Palmieri, on the occasion of the Buquets foul, had to vericalize towards Chiesa or Immobile.

Note:

-) Italy is facing a higher quality ball possession. This is the first game where Italy does not have control of the ball. You have to do a lot of work without the ball, be careful on the defensive and break with the "one-two" in speed or long balls to break the Spanish web.
-) Tactically, we Italians would have preferred Morata or Moreno to play because they are attackers who give points of reference. The "false nueve" set by Luis Enrique is putting us in difficulty.
-) Best player in the field for Italy? Donnarumma.

I wonder if it will be a draw after 90 minutes or if one of them will be able to score a goal. Entertaining match.

H.P. Lovecraft right now:

giphy.gif
You're right, Mauve. Spain are playing their football while we have had to make up for our ball possession, second only to the Spanish one, with a more "Italian" approach to the game: defense, heart, counter-attack and long balls.

Good match! xclapxyes

Ausesken

Well, congrats :it: on the victory! :D It's been a really good match and I think the Spanish team can be proud of having played the semi finals. Imo we always have the same problem: they are good at having the ball possession but it's hard for them to score. I often think you rarely see a goal from outside the penalty area from :es:; always trying to get very very close to the goal, but it means you have to dodge much more players. I don't have much knowledge of football, but this is how I see it.

I've always had a special love for :it:, this is well known by many people in this forum, so of course I'll be rooting for them to win the final! xcheer Forza Italia!!

My technical comment with all the insights I do tomorrow ... I'm destroyed ... xstarsxfaint

Honor to Spain :es: The Spanish players are the only ones, after three years, to make us suffer a lot xstars Their quality is immense xbow If we hadn't changed our approach to the game with Spain ... we would have lost. Today Italy has won the victory "playing Italian style"xyes

Before going to sleep xsleep I hope that in the end I will make AshleyWright cry xcryand then ... I will start a crowdfunding to send him to Disneyland xkiss I'm kidding, AshleyWright!xrofl

mauve

Veteran

Gary Lineker's compliments to Italy xrofl

I wonder ... if we are too defensive a team, how did we manage to win 4 world championships, lose 2 on penalties and make us steal 2? xthink If the defensive approach is successful then Sweden should be the most successful national team in the world xshrug Many do not know football or are in bad faithxup

mauve

Veteran

Gary Lineker's compliments to Italy xrofl

I wonder ... if we are too defensive a team, how did we manage to win 4 world championships, lose 2 on penalties and make us steal 2? xthink If the defensive approach is successful then Sweden should be the most successful national team in the world xshrug Many do not know football or are in bad faithxup
Offensive playing is more thrilling of course, but let's not forget that Greece won the championship in 2004 by playing very defensively. Before it started then, I said Greece would win - and they did! xqueenbitchWell then my crystal ball still worked, of course. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom