Contact us

Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauve

Veteran
What these English Fans wrote, is just disgusting. But let's face the truth: there are people like this everywhere. Even among German Fans. I experienced terrible things when I went into the stadium in my past (especially from Union Berlin and Hertha-Fans). I feel terribly sad for this little girl though. :(

Hello everyone and welcome to the "H.P. Lovecraft Sports Newscast" :geek: Here are some news that you will be interested in reading (although under each article I will leave a short comment*, obviously you will have to translate them from Italian if you want to read them in full).

*The brief comments were required by law after the acceptance of the "Mauve Law" in parliament xpolice After the last message from H.P. Lovecraft there have been too many heart attack victims and dangerous sleep attacks xfaintxfaintxfaint "We preserve the health of the reader with short and concise messages" (Institutional slogan) xup

xviolinMusical introductionxviolin

NEWS:

The fans of Belgium have started a petition to replay the match against Italy. However, the petition makes fun of the French request to redisput the match "France - Switzerland" for an alleged irregularity by Sommer during the saved on M'Bappe (later denied by the VAR). In your opinion, isn't accepting defeat and learning from your mistakes better? Isn't silence sometimes much better than opening your mouth and giving it a breath?

After the bottle thrown by a very intelligent fan in Spinazzola injured and in tears on the stretcher, there was no lack of accusations by Courtois who spoke of Spinazzola's gesture as "tricks of the trade". That Spinazzola has decided in advance to break the Achilles tendon to gain precious minutes with Belgium? The post of the Belgian goalkeeper, after many hours, was removed. Jan Vertonghen was also tough in his comments. He said he was very angry, however he accepted the defeat and acknowledged that the penalty kick in their favor was very generous and that it was thanks to this that they remained in the game for 90 minutes.

Controversy over the hardship of the British government over the Wembley final. After the great success of the match against Germany where there was not even a person in a mask (in full wave of the "Delta variant"), the British are willing to limit the sector of opposing fans to only 1000 seats. In practice, if Italy reached the final by beating the terrifying Spain, the team and the 1k of Italian fans would find themselves against a pit of 55k of screaming Englishmen (like what happened in Brazil - Uruguay in 1950 with 200,000 cheering Brazilians and only 100 Uruguayan fans). The Italian comments remarked that:

-) at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, the Italian public suffered from hardships (in fact the stadium was not full) and the fans of Turkey and Switzerland were allowed to be in the thousands.

-) We are not afraid. Already in the past, although the German government has been fair, we have faced the problem of facing the home team and favored to the final victory. The public does not scare us, it is enough to have the courage and clear eyes to understand that the ball is round and that the predictions can be subverted. As Obdulio Varela said “¡Los de afuera son de Palo! (Those out there don't exist) "

In conclusion, H.P. Lovecraft advises 1000 Italian fans not to take children to the stadium. The little ones could be accused of being "fascists", "mafia" and "waiters". All very logical and linear, we bow on the pitch for a "fake fight" sponsored by a bigoted elite, and the people instead hide demons in their souls capable of hurting children for their own personal enjoyment.

Last news of the day, British commentators and Jurgen Klinsmann (German) have condemned Immobile for simulation. There had been contact and the blow was hard but obviously our attacker exaggerated to get the penalty kick awarded (not granted as the solar one was not granted on De Bruyne's foul on Jorginho). Lineker upped the ante and Shearer was even tougher. According to the English striker, champion of Europe, world champion and with whom the English national team has dominated for decades, "it wouldn't even be funny". By chance, the English have forgotten the dives that Sterling has given us for years and what happens in the Premier League? I wanted to include this article because you can see 154 comments from Italian fans and understand how they think. Apart from some slightly irritated comments, there was no xenophobic act or disrespect towards the British. On the contrary, Immobile was heavily criticized. Translate all comments. You will understand that Lineker rather than ridicule the Italians in the eyes of the world football scene by demonstrating that Italian football is "ugly and defensive", dedicated to simulations etc ..., he is motivating our national team to play until they break their legs so as not to give away the victory for the English national team. If he had been silent we would also have accepted and we would have been happy to lose with honor if our opponent had been stronger than us.

The H.P. Lovecraft Sports Nexcast ends here! :geek:

xviolin Closing themexviolin

END xcoffee

Last edited:
What these English Fans wrote, is just disgusting. But let's face the truth: there are people like this everywhere. Even among German Fans. I experienced terrible things when I went into the stadium in my past (especially from Union Berlin and Hertha-Fans). I feel terribly sad for this little girl though. :(
You're right, Mauve. Every part of the world is frequented by good people and less good people. In all these years I have seen everything: sporadically (not always) in Italian stadiums there have been fights, lasers launched at the eyes of the players, racist chants, invasions of the field, coins thrown at the referee, explosion of rockets and paper bombs. .. these individuals were a few mobsters and not a large part of the population. However, even if the English fans showed me everything (from the famous "homemade" weapons the Milwall Bricks to the Heysel Disaster) I have never seen an entire stadium, pubs or social networks explode into a cry of hysterical and rude joy towards a crying child. There is a limit to the rivalry. Here there is a lot of fear ...

I swear by the people I love the most, I often hate competitions. When I see a sad opposing supporter or crying, I don't like him. I would foolishly make everyone win. When I read the history of the Maracanaço to him, even if I had not lived through the story, I felt like crying to think of the pain of the Brazilians (although they had exaggerated to proclaim themselves without having played as winners). Even my mother, when we look at Sanremo or the ESC, she says it would be nice for her to win the music and not a single individual. But the race and the victory are part of the game and you have to know how to accept victory and defeat and, last but not least, respect both the losers and the winners. Instead of bowing down and just following a trend, we should all go to an education school. Today this is missing: respect for others. I only see acts of kindness only on the news while in everyday life mostly indifference or gratuitous malice reigns.

Looren

Veteran
another "best of" by the English fans

dzh836y1md871.jpg

But the nazi references in the article you posted are even way worse. And if I remember correctly you could hear the whole Wembley cheering when the crying girl flashed up in the stadium screen. Disgusting. Rivalry is no excuse for that.

That's disgusting, that poor girl made me sad, those English fans are really dumbasses

Looren

Veteran
Well my hopes and predictions for the semi-finals :

Italy/Spain : I want Italy to crush Spain and I think that they'll win 2 - 0

England/Denmark : I want Denmark to win the whole thing, I think that it'll go to overtime and finish 2 - 2, I hate penalties but well I think that we'll have penalties shootouts for this semi-final

This is an excellent analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the Spanish national team. I agree with the fact that, except for a few differences, this time Italy's game has something in common with Spanish football: a quality midfield, search for ball possession and a defensive 4-way line with the release of one of the full backs (Azpilicueta / Di Lorenzo remain in the defensive line 3 while Spinazzola / Jordi Alba disengage). The lack of Spinazzola is a serious loss for Italy but Emerson Palmieri can give his good contribution. Spain will be the most difficult opponent, the real test for Mancini's team. Perhaps the only thing that could make the difference is Italy's historic defensive solidity which merges with the new system of ball possession and offensive. Solidity in defense is Spain's real problem. That tomorrow's challenge will be the opening of a great cycle for Italy? As happened to Spain in 2008, the victory on penalties (damned penalties!) Against Italy gave confidence to the "golden generation" that would triumph by annihilating every opponent. Let's see what happens.

mauve

Veteran
*The brief comments were required by law after the acceptance of the "Mauve Law" in parliament xpolice
I didn't know I was that famous already!xrofl
I swear by the people I love the most, I often hate competitions. When I see a sad opposing supporter or crying, I don't like him. I would foolishly make everyone win.
So true. I remember 2014 when Germany beat Brazil with 7-1, there was a girl in the audience heavily crying. When I saw this, I felt like crying as well and felt really sorry. But I wonder why. On the one hand, I really don't like competition at all because I feel sorry for the ones who lose. On the other hand, I love ESC or soccer. There is always involved the reality of losing and winning. I wonder if I have a sadistic and masochistic streak in me. :unsure:

If Italy reaches the final and wins against England, this will be my reaction and that of the Whiteshoes :gimmefive:xdance

In the video there is also the moment when Franzilein breaks my heart xfaint Shortly after he was resurrected by the beauty of the nurse ElinaUAxshockxrose

xviolin I said I wouldn't lose my mind, but then… ITALY goes to my heart!xviolinxrofl

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
another "best of" by the English fans

dzh836y1md871.jpg

But the nazi references in the article you posted are even way worse. And if I remember correctly you could hear the whole Wembley cheering when the crying girl flashed up in the stadium screen. Disgusting. Rivalry is no excuse for that.

Honestly disgusting from the lowest common denominator in our society. I'm sure some (not you) took glee in these tweets in order to fuel more vitriol against English fans and England, but it's far from a true representation and has been widely condemned. Some fans even started a gofundme to pay for her to go to Disney World and say sorry afaik after that, and it raised over £25,000.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Fans can be such an embarrassment to a country, and unfortunately our fanbase have such a bad rep historically for hooliganism etc, it's beyond belief that grown adults have such little self control. It makes the entire fand base look bad.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
And fyi, should England beat Denmark I totally expect our arses to be handed to us by (probably) Italy. I have Denmark and Italy in a sweepstake so I'd be totally fine with both of them in a final. 🤣

Honestly disgusting from the lowest common denominator in our society. I'm sure some (not you) took glee in these tweets in order to fuel more vitriol against English fans and England, but it's far from a true representation and has been widely condemned. Some fans even started a gofundme to pay for her to go to Disney World and say sorry afaik after that, and it raised over £25,000.
So, the problem now is no longer the mocked child but those who, in your opinion, have speculated on the rude gesture of the British to throw mud on the British? xthink I think it takes more respect than money to go to Disneyland. In my opinion, crowfunding was a tactic to quell a global controversy that made the British catch up. Convictions and not compensation are needed. Had he been in the British government, to set a good example to the world, he would have hunted down some of the worst individual and punished them severely.

Ashley, talking about a problem doesn't mean littering. Did you read offensive words against the British here in the forum? The gesture was harshly condemned but never disrespected. Anyway, how do you comment on the boos in the German anthem and the stadium full of people without masks? Just propaganda against the British? Has anyone distorted and manipulated the images? Who comments on these acts that not being English is xenophobic? Someone Admitting your mistakes is not wrong for once.

Fans can be such an embarrassment to a country, and unfortunately our fanbase have such a bad rep historically for hooliganism etc, it's beyond belief that grown adults have such little self control. It makes the entire fand base look bad.
The same concept could be carried to the opposite. For the evil committed by the Nazis must all the German people be condemned forever? Nazism also consisted of a few individuals. We know that there are also good people in England but if the government does not act it pushes other Europeans to think badly of the whole English system. Explain to me what sense is there in accepting to bow down for Black Lives Matter and then not condemn these crimes?

And fyi, should England beat Denmark I totally expect our arses to be handed to us by (probably) Italy. I have Denmark and Italy in a sweepstake so I'd be totally fine with both of them in a final. 🤣
In these cases it is better to say "May the best win" xup If Italy wins I will go to comment only from the profile of Lineker, Neville and Shearer. They are the only ones responsible for me. The other Brits are not to blame for their words.

mauve

Veteran
xrofl I know this movie. Hugh Grant can be so damn funny! A rock star getting old ...xrofl
It makes the entire fand base look bad.
And we all know that this is not so. There are always some idiots, but there are also enough warm-hearted fans among them. So we shouldn't be prejudiced and ban a whole country for statements that just some idiots did.

Well; I am rooting for Italy today! Tomorrow, I hope that a miracle happens and that Denmark will beat England. (Allow us to dream until the game is played.) Iwould love a final between Italy and Denmark. If the final is England - Italy, I hope that Italy win it! :)

xrofl I know this movie. Hugh Grant can be so damn funny! A rock star getting old ...xrofl

And we all know that this is not so. There are always some idiots, but there are also enough warm-hearted fans among them. So we shouldn't be prejudiced and ban a whole country for statements that just some idiots did.

Well; I am rooting for Italy today! Tomorrow, I hope that a miracle happens and that Denmark will beat England. (Allow us to dream until the game is played.) Iwould love a final between Italy and Denmark. If the final is England - Italy, I hope that Italy win it! :)
I also bought the DVD! xshock1:This film is very good. Although many people think that H.P. Lovecraft is the devil xdiablo he is actually a sincere and dreamer soulxangel:lol:

mauve

Veteran
Offtopic: But is it just me who can't see the "say yay"-emoji (and some others as well)?I can use them, but don't see them. :unsure:

Milos-BC

Oh dear, I see I didn't comment on the last two matches :lol:

While I really like the :cz: team, I think :dk: deserved to advance to the semi-final. After everything that happened from the beginning, they deserved it. Their performance was consistent, and without Erikssen, they've shown great team quality.

I expected :ua: to do better against :en: but :en: scored just when they needed to and it was tough to break the psychological barrier afterwards. :en: has also shown great football on this tournament and I think they have a good chance to play in the finals now.

I expect a spectacle tonight xcheer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom