14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
I

I agree about his timbre, it’s probably one of the best, together with UK this year, imo.
My opinion, judging also from last year, is that he has lots of potential, but lacks a bit in technique, thus making the performances inconsistent. His first performance in Eesti Laul also has quite a few problems. But of course, this is mainly a matter of training. I really hope this year we will get to hear real voices at least, and not this terrible mix of loud prerecorded backing vocals+real vocal, that we saw for example in Melodifestivalen.
Yeah, I am not a fan of that pre-recorded vocals inclusion this year. Hopefully it will not remain (outside of Melodifestivalen). Some performers will seriously abuse it most likely in Rotterdam (maybe Natalia Gordienko or Senhit). Some performers in Sweden seriously went overboard with it, I am thinking of Antony Ewald this year. It was a borderline full lipsyncing (at times he would not even pretend he's singing even though he should), I am not kidding you. So ridiculous.

Iker

Veteran
I've just read that Uku Suviste was voted the hottest man in Estonia some time ago! Ok, he is good looking but the hottest?

tararaaam

I had the same feeling about Danny Saucedo, it was almost like his mic was turned off. I would honestly prefer lipsyncing, than this comedy.

Iker

Veteran
I had the same feeling about Danny Saucedo, it was almost like his mic was turned off. I would honestly prefer lipsyncing, than this comedy.
I think he still did sing considerably more than Mr Ewald. Lol. Watch them again and compare it. I was like literally ... how is he allowed to do that?! when he was performing 'New Religion'.

Brandt

He's got the looks but that's all he has. The song is very dull...

wtf

From the reviews it sounds like his performance was classy and sleek, the camerawork good. I guess being sandwiched between San Marino and Czechia was good for him after all. There's so much camp (and heavy choreo) this year, this might stand out and do better than most people expect.

Looren

Veteran
I'm happy that he didn't change his staging very much since Eesti Laul, I can't wait to see him live xheart

Kairit

Yeah... maybe the fact that it's a palatable male pop song, not too modern or crazy and not too dated, and his apparently very good looks (that people can't seem to stop mentioning) can actually help it squeeze through thanks to the older female audience ... perhaps lol. I really don't care much either way. I just hope he doesn't come back to EL, because his music taste is just super bad in that it's so cheesy (and not in a good way), bland and for the most part outdated imo. I don't know a single song of his that actually belongs on modern radio, but I think for some reason it's just his style.

crashworld

Veteran
Estonia's music scene is considerably smaller right? So I won't be surprised, he will turn up again at one point, just like how Laura/Koit tried again.

To be honest, even if he didn't qualify to the grand final this year, I doubt he will try again next year or that soon.

alyrin

i really don't want him to qualify only because of his ''good looks'' since this is a SONG contest after all, but at the same time i don't want him to come back to EL when he does NQ lol

alyrin

To be honest, even if he didn't qualify to the grand final this year, I doubt he will try again next year or that soon.
he has competed in eesti laul over 4 times, i would be surprised if he DOESN'T come back in the next 2 years or so

Gitte

I have a feeling this OR Austria will qualify. Idc which one as they're both bland & basic & I am not in the slightest bit attracted to men 15+ years older than me (or just...99,9% of the human population), but they're one of the few in their genre of 'male singer with kinda cheesy boring song' which does have a target audience.

crashworld

Veteran
he has competed in eesti laul over 4 times, i would be surprised if he DOESN'T come back in the next 2 years or so

But isn't that because he didn't get to the Eurovision stage? Now he got his chance, maybe he will stop for a while before trying again.

DanielLuis

i really don't want him to qualify only because of his ''good looks'' since this is a SONG contest after all, but at the same time i don't want him to come back to EL when he does NQ lol
Let's be real, he'll be back in EL in the next 3 years no matter what result he'll get this year.
And by then I don't think he'll stand a good chance of winning EL, hopefully Estonians will have moved on from this "sending generic bland and camp male entries" by that time, if the results of EL 2021 are anything to go by.

Top Bottom