14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
@RainyWoods

What is your opinion on Suured tüdrukud – "Heaven's Not That Far Tonight" after the semi performance?

Mrm

Veteran
LOL Uku Suviste can do good in ESC this year, last year not, but with this, just be honest, he can! :D

• Like It
Reactions: wtf

Mrm

Veteran
Where is Hans Nayna originally from?

Mrm

Veteran
I love how Sissi was dressed like Nelly Ciobanu from Moldova in 2009! :lol:

jatojo

Whatever, I'm happy the song exists because I will continue playing it for weeks to come (in STUDIO version obv), but Uku Suviste is (was) always winning this EL so I'm not torn up about it either way.
It's just a bit weird with a bad live performer in that genre - it's more common with regular pop songs or dance (like Britney Spears etc).

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Was talking about the production, not the lyrics. It has the 80s synth sounds that The Weeknd popularised and is now all over radio.
You can call Uku's song anything but its production is not outdated by any means, not this time. :)

What on earth is this trend with everyone comparing any synthpop song to The Weeknd??? (not just you, but like... multiple people.) I mean don't get me wrong, if I had to rank my favourite 2020 songs, Blinding Lights and Save Yours Tears would both be top five, and I am highkey hoping for a good BL clone (*cough*netherlands*cough) but he really did not invent this sort of music.

wtf

What on earth is this trend with everyone comparing any synthpop song to The Weeknd??? (not just you, but like... multiple people.) I mean don't get me wrong, if I had to rank my favourite 2020 songs, Blinding Lights and Save Yours Tears would both be top five, and I am highkey hoping for a good BL clone (*cough*netherlands*cough) but he really did not invent this sort of music.

Which is why I wrote popularised, not invented. :) Obviously it's been a thing for quite some time now but The Weeknd is the biggest name recently to do it, and it's natural for people to compare to current trends. I can see why it can get annoying tho. :D

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Even though i'm still quite salty about Gram-of-Fun NQ (did not notice Kristen was that bad tbh), i still find this Eesti Laul final quite qualitative, and i wouldn't mind most of all going for the win in the end.

Hans Nayna's song is average but his voice is really impressive (definitely wanna see him with a strongest song), Kadri Voorand's singing is the best one in the whole competition but the song could seem, not boring i would say, but a little bit complicated to get into, and oh boy, Suured Tüdrukud is a hella good time. Pure good ole disco vibes, that's what we want now.

Two songs grew on me a lot since the DFs : Jüri Pootsmann first, i didn't know he could handle these vocals SO MUCH. Also the song is really original, i doesn't make me thing of anything else and that's a good sign.
My biggest surprise is Ivo & Robert. I didn't expect a song that classy with these vintage british pop vibes, i really really dig it. And despite of his age, Ivo Linna has still a lot of charisma.

With all these stuff, Koit and Uku are the "safest" options, the blandest also maybe, but Koit's song is alright, and Uku was privated of Rotterdam last year, so in the end, yeah, clearly, Uku still deserves to go all the way.

Still...
I WANNA SEE REDEL WINNING.
I wanna see these guys doing total nonsense at Ahoy. I miss that kind of weirdo stuff at ESC.

wtf

I hope if Laura returns, she will enter with something jazzy and classic, to show the strongest side of hers. Much like Aisel, she is a wonderful jazz artist but struggles with singing basic pop.

henhu

Final running order:

1. Egert Milder "Free Again"
2. Suured Tüdrukud "Heaven's Not That Far Tonight"
3. Hans Nayna "One By One"
4. Ivo Linna, Robert Linna, Supernova "Ma olen siin"
5. Karl Killing "Kiss Me"
6. Uku Suviste "The Lucky One"
7. Sissi "Time"
8. Jüri Pootsmann "Magus melanhoolia"
9. Redel "Tartu"
10. Koit Toome "We Could Have Been Beautiful"
11. Andrei Zevakin & Pluuto "Wingman"
12. Kadri Voorand "Energy"

wtf

Televoters favourite Suured Tüdrukud at #2? Shouldn't be surprised after Verona at #2 and Storm at #3 but still so dumb. :rolleyes:

henhu

I am pretty sure that Suured tüdrukud won televoting in semi-final. They easily got the most positive reception from general public. And I know people whose favorite last year was Uku but this year Suured tüdrukud :D

wtf

So Kadri finished 2nd in her semifinal behind Uku then?

Logic doesn't apply here. Laura finished the final last year but ended up 11th. Verona and Storm won the semis but were given the death slots. :D

Top Bottom