14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

njdevils94

Veteran
The first four qualifiers were absolutely the ones deserved top 4. Juri surprised me, sounded a whole lot better live. Biggest disappointment was Gram-Of-Fun, it fell apart live I'm afraid.

But I think we all know it's basically a battle between Uku Suviste & Toit Koome.
It's actually a battle between Uku and the international jury. He only doesn't win he isn't in the top 3. The it would openup to Juri, Kadri, and Koit most likely.

jatojo

The first four qualifiers were absolutely the ones deserved top 4. Juri surprised me, sounded a whole lot better live. Biggest disappointment was Gram-Of-Fun, it fell apart live I'm afraid.

But I think we all know it's basically a battle between Uku Suviste & Toit Koome.
Weird with Gram-Of-Fun - it's the kind of band and song that ought to shine in a live version.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
It's actually a battle between Uku and the international jury. He only doesn't win he isn't in the top 3. The it would openup to Juri, Kadri, and Koit most likely.
Well, if he wins 12 points from the televoters, he is most likely in the Top 3 and advances to the Super Final, at that point the juries have no say, right? Kinda the same situation what happened the last three years with Uku, Victor and Laura &Toit if I'm not mistaken.

njdevils94

Veteran
Well, if he wins 12 points from the televoters, he is most likely in the Top 3 and advances to the Super Final, at that point the juries have no say, right? Kinda the same situation what happened the last three years with Uku, Victor and Laura &Toit if I'm not mistaken.
He won the televote tonight clearly as he wasn't in the Estonian jury top 4.

Kairit

I'm still holding out hope that Koit can take it. We Could've Been Beautiful may be cheesy, but goddamn it's melodically so f-ing stunning and brilliant, all I do all day is sing that chorus :D i hope it's enough for the estonian audience that loves its cheese, but i fear the love for Uku is way too strong.

Jüri though, my god!!! I've never seen him disappoint vocally, this man has some magic power to be that consistent live

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Well I liked 6 songs tonight

Uku S (my favorite of the selection, omg that live)
Kadri
Sissi
Uku H
Rahel
Alabama (I'm surprised with that one because I didn't like the studio version)

laululind

Another 5/6 prediction. Was expecting Sissi or Kadri Voorand to be the ones I might get wrong, but turned out to be Gram-Of-Fun instead. :unsure: Shame, their song was nice. Admittedly the performance was a bit weak.. not horrible but kind of underwhelming. Still, would have taken them over the hot mess that is Redel. :LOL: Oh well, adds variety in the final I guess.

Jüri had a pretty good performance! I still don't expect it to be enough to get him to victory, but another manly superfinal of Uku/Koit/Jüri is looking pretty likely. Uku had pretty decent vocals, staging was kind of dark and a bit messy tho'.

It'll be between Uku & Koit I reckon. Unless juries stop Uku from getting to the superfinal, but I'm not sure the international ones will be quite that harsh on him. :unsure: Seems unlikely he'll be ranked lower than the likes of Redel or Suured Tüdrukud or Wingman.

I can live with either winning I guess. I wish Koit had a stronger voice, the fact he's struggling and doesn't quite have the pipes to belt it out lets the whole package down a bit. Also I find his song a bit forgettable.. it's finally sticking in my head, but the first 5 times I'd enjoy it while it lasted but immediately forget what the melody was after it was over. :LOL: Uku is still kind of plastic, but at least his song is better than last year. I do hope, should he win, they'll rework the staging.

crashworld

Veteran
I am mostly rooting for Uku S because he missed his chance last year and at least his song this year was so much better than his winning entry last year. Plus I do like his song this year and do consider it being one of the top entries from this year's Eesti Laul.

And I agree his staging needs fixing, the blurry camera effect is scary and a little off-putting. The lighting needs to be a little brighter, he got such a gorgeous face, it needs to be shown. And he needs to change his outfit too.

EscGeek

Veteran
6/8 songs i supported failed to qualify

But i will be The Lucky One if Uku S. makes it. I'll be bold and say that he can bring Estonia back in my top 10.xcheer

Last edited:

pyryniemi

He won the televote tonight clearly as he wasn't in the Estonian jury top 4.

But the fact that he wasn't even top4 with the juries in the semi gives me some hope they rank him so low that he won't make top3...I mean Victor won the televote in 2019 and only baaarely made it to the superfinal after finishing like 9th? with the jury.

And this year's televote faves have potential to be among the biggest jury faves (Koit, Juri, Kadri has some fans, Ivo Linna has a HUGE fanbase) while 2019 had likes of Inga, Sissi and Kerli Kivilaan getting the highest jury marks.

njdevils94

Veteran
But the fact that he wasn't even top4 with the juries in the semi gives me some hope they rank him so low that he won't make top3...I mean Victor won the televote in 2019 and only baaarely made it to the superfinal after finishing like 9th? with the jury.

And this year's televote faves have potential to be among the biggest jury faves (Koit, Juri, Kadri has some fans, Ivo Linna has a HUGE fanbase) while 2019 had likes of Inga, Sissi and Kerli Kivilaan getting the highest jury marks.

Juries are different in the final though I'm pretty sure.

mauve

Veteran
I am sad that Gram of fun didn't make it, but live they didn't bring it I am afraid. The only one I like and who went thru is Kadri. She was amazing today and I wish her the best in the final!

jatojo

I just found the live version from Gram-Of-Fun in the final. Yes, as some of you are pointing out this was not an ideal performance. I have heard their live video which was released a couple of weeks ago - that was reasonable, and somewhat better than this evening's version. I wonder what went wrong for her. I liked her movements on stage - but maybe that stole the concentration needed for her vocals.

It's always better to see one's personale favourite fall because of an underwhelming live performance than because of other things (Keiino's defeat is a bit hard to take - they did everything right).

BorisBubbles

Veteran
It's Kristal Aaslaid, honey. Bad lives are her thing.

Whatever, I'm happy the song exists because I will continue playing it for weeks to come (in STUDIO version obv), but Uku Suviste is (was) always winning this EL so I'm not torn up about it either way.

wtf

The Uku hate mob has already started with dislikes and negative comments. :( They better get ready for another meltdown in 2 weeks.

Pål Nordahl

I'm going to echo what many have already said. I think Gram-Of-fun were victims of there own enthusiasm and the live vocals suffered as a result. It's a shame because I really like the song, but their exit is justified in my opinion.

Of the remaining songs I'm not particularly bothered about who wins, although I have a feeling Uku will be selected.

Top Bottom