16 5.4%

16 5.4%

8 2.7%

9 3.1%

29 9.8%

• Total voters

Earthland

Re: ESTONIA 2012

I still hope that Iiris Vesik enters with something like "Ice-cold story". No Tiiu Kiik, Laura, Rolf or Ithaka please!

Earthland

Gosh, Evelin Ilves, the wife of our president, almost run me over in front of my school. Her daughter goes to same school... however, I totally agree that she should represent us: she's just so energetic.... LOL

Valvejoodik

Gosh, Evelin Ilves, the wife of our president, almost run me over in front of my school. Her daughter goes to same school... however, I totally agree that she should represent us: she's just so energetic.... LOL

Rolled over with a pair of rollerskates? :lol:

Milos-BC

Iiris Vesik, Rolph Junior and Kerli would be nice to see.

Kylger

Apparently Kerli has said she wouldn't mind going to Eurovision and one year she will submit her song but she didn't say when. We already know she tried her luck as a kid once in Estonia (2004) and once in Sweden (2003).

Awesome, a song like Army of Love would be an amazing entry :mrgreen:

Kerli would be really great for ESC as long as she does bring a great song. Didn't like her song she had in Estonian pre-selection years back. "Army of Love" kind of song would be amazing though for ESC

Ok, next year we send Leto Svet again, then we'll at least know why we are almost last... :mrgreen:

Oh please no. I was embarrased enough the first time. Having sex with a piano on stage for cringe-worthy

Heidy Purga has confirmed that we will participate next year "as it is the wish of Estonian people". :)

:lol: right. Estonian's do love ESC but not that much that they would force themselves on it, because of the money it takes every year. It's more down to Purga's own ego, to go there as it was for her predecessor

I hope we'll have two semi-finals like this year. But... one semi-final should be for Estonian language, second for foreign languages so there would be 5 Estonian songs and 5 foreign language songs in the final. This year only two Estonian songs qualified for the final.

That would be a really good idea, so it would be an opportunity for different songs to get through. Most of the time English songs dominate over Estonian ones, because people believe English would do better in ESC.

There are two possibilities of what may happen:

- Everybody are disappointed with this year's results (and probably a bit angry at voters) and noone bothers themselves with making something cool for eurovision. Something horrible like Mimicry or Leto Svet wins and everybody go to toilets when estonian song is shown in the semi-final.

- The bad results makes someone want to write something epic for the eurovision.

I hope for the latter.[/QUOTE]

I hope for the latter also. It's about time for Estonia to win again :p

I hope Ithaka will try again with that amazing song like it was Hopa'pa rei. But I think she don't have any other that old and good song in drawer :D

Hopa'pa rei was good but not all so WOW worthy. Ofcourse Ithaka's attitude stinks also, which makes her a bit distant.

I still hope that Iiris Vesik enters with something like "Ice-cold story". No Tiiu Kiik, Laura, Rolf or Ithaka please!

Iiris has an amazing and very different voice, so it would be great to see her participate again. I also would love Laura to compete again. She is an amazing singer and she is so extreamly down to earth and friendly towards everyone. As for Rolf on ESC. He'd certainly would collect a lot of gay votes :p as long as his look is polished.:D:lol:

eerik

Fresh winner of Estonian Idol 2011: Liis Lemsalu.

Here are some of her performances:
Adele's "Someone Like You"

Norwegian folk song "Den fyrste sang eg høyra fekk" (Norwegian members, what do you think of her Norwegian?)

Maarja's (ESC 1996, 1997) "Sajab Lund"

Nat King Cole's "L O V E"

Oh, and I have to point out that she's a former schoolmate of mine (few years younger than me), but then again so was Robin Juhkental (Malcolm Lincoln, ESC2010, few years older than me).

Narmina

And what about Uku Suviste? I've seen him at Russian "Novaya Volna". He was pretty good!

evilperson

I absolutely loved the Estonian selection the past 3 years. I'll be looking forward to it again next year and hopefully they have many great songs again. :)

eerik

This is a bit offtopic but I don't know where else to post this.

On 20th August there will be a big free concert to celebrate the 20th anniversary of restoring Estonian independence. Line-up includes the following artists:
  • Sinead O’Connor (IRELAND)
  • Mari Boine (NORWAY)
  • Kimmo Pohjonen (FINLAND)
  • Brainstorm (LATVIA, ESC 2000)
  • Vaiko Eplik (ESC 2003)
  • Malcolm Lincoln (ESC 2010)
  • Kerli
  • Iiris
  • Jarek „Chalice“ Kasar
  • Ewert & the Two Dragons
  • Dagö
  • Riho Sibul
  • Justament
  • Mari Kalkun
  • Jaak Johanson
In bold are the artists that you may remember from Eurovision or Estonian pre-selection.

The concert will be broadcasted live and most likely can be watched here: http://live.err.ee/etv/

I will post more details in August before the event.

eerik

Liis Lemsalu (winner of Estonian Idol 2011, see posts above) said that she has started working on her first album. Vaiko Eplik, Robin Juhkental (Malcolm Lincoln) and Jarek "Chalice" Kasar are involved. :)

Gerly

I acctually just wish that we will have many good songs in NF, whoever sings them :D

CPV4931

Their NF last year was on a very high level. I hope, Ithaka Maria will try again in 2012.

Valvejoodik

Their NF last year was on a very high level. I hope, Ithaka Maria will try again in 2012.

I hope she won't.

After the Getter's bad result, Ithaka said that SHE would have gotten MUCH higher place - that pretty much killed all the respect towards her...

CPV4931

I hope she won't.

After the Getter's bad result, Ithaka said that SHE would have gotten MUCH higher place - that pretty much killed all the respect towards her...

ok, I didn´t know that, that makes a different opinion of her... but her song in NF 2011 was great.

Top Bottom