16 5.4%

16 5.4%

8 2.7%

9 3.1%

29 9.8%

• Total voters

eerik

Re: ESTONIA 2012

Yeah, Ithaka Maria lost all her reputation in my eyes. It wasn't only one time, all the tabloids, gossip webpages and TV talk shows were full of her ignorant statements. She's so full of herself. She said that if we had chosen Hopaparei for Eurovision, we would had won, it would had been a world wide hit, everybody would know it by heart and would sing it everywhere. Complete bullsh... it you ask me.

Gerly

Saw an interview of that too... She really don't think, what she is talking. Maybe she had done better than Getter, we never know it. But I don't think that we had won...if to compare the real winner song and hopa pa rei.
I remember when she told that "I hadn't gone to Eurovision to take 24th place". It was so rude!

CC92

I think that ERR must have been biassed against her to kick her out from the final round. Ho pa rei was very good but one cannot expect Asia or Europe to vote for kindergarten noise (Rockefeller street). Thus mainly I agree with Ithaka. :p

Last edited:

evilperson

^I think people were saying that the jury didn't like her which would explain why she did so poorly in that portion of the vote.

Personally, I think if she had won she would've struggled even more than Getter and could have possibly not qualified to the final. Though if she can come back to the selection this year with a better song, then why not?

eerik

I think that ERR must have been biassed against her to kick her out from the final round. Ho pa rei was very good but one cannot expect Asia or Europe to vote for kindergarten noise (Rockefeller street). Thus mainly I agree with Ithaka. :p
Umm? Then how did it pass the pre-selection and made it to the final? And calling Rockefeller Street "kindergarten noise" makes you sound very biased.

CC92

Umm? Then how did it pass the pre-selection and made it to the final? And calling Rockefeller Street "kindergarten noise" makes you sound very biased.
How it did pass the pre-selection? Hopa'pa-rei was not there.:cry:
How qualified it through ESC final? Jury.

For the rest, of course it is my biassed taste. I do not want my taste to be neutral.:twisted: On the other hand, I did not like Ireland and Sweden either but correctly predicted that a lot of people will vote for them. So it happened. Moreover I am sure Hopa'pa-rei would have become the favourite of many viewers as well and that ERR could have seen that. Yes, we will never 100% know but in my eyes it is obvious hence why I agree with Ithaka Maria on this issue.

A-lister

Veteran

We're still disgussing Ithaka on here?? :lol:

Well there's no denying "hopa pa rei" was my favorite last year in Estonian selection and in the weak 2011 contest it would have really stand out from the rest. Whether or not it would have fared better than Getter one can just guess, but I think it would have done better because atleast it was a little more interesting.

If she has another cool song (maybe with a little more words this time around :lol:) I would support Ithaka for 2012. She has the star-quality so she just needs a cool song and I think Estonia can manage a good position.

Hopefully Estonia learned a lesson that choosing English doesn't always equals success. Originality and native language can go longer with the right entry (just look at 2009!).

Last edited:

CC92

Eesti keel is the most beautiful language in Europe for my biassed taste.:)

eerik

How it did pass the pre-selection? Hopa'pa-rei was not there.:cry:
How qualified it through ESC final? Jury.
You must have misunderstood me. You said Ithaka Maria was kicked out because ERR was biased against her. But then how did she pass through Eesti Laul pre-selection and made it to Eesti Laul final?

A-lister

Veteran

^

Send an amateur who sings covers on Youtube? Is that really how low ESC has gone now? From wannabe Idol show to Youtube Idol?

Hopefully we'll get an artist and not just a "voice" from Estonia, someone who actually has some backcatalogue of own songs, someone with an own style and image.

Nothing bad against this girl, but ESC is already too much "Idol-like" these days imo. It's about the songs, here we have just a voice how will the entry sound then?

Last edited:

evilperson

I guess if this singer enters the competition, we will know what her ESC song will sound like. Sometimes the most unestablished and amateur singers can come up with the best songs.

A-lister

Veteran

I guess if this singer enters the competition, we will know what her ESC song will sound like. Sometimes the most unestablished and amateur singers can come up with the best songs.

If she was such an artist she should post her own compositions instead of just singing covers.

Anyways I doubt Estonia is that desperate to use someone who sings on Youtube, but one can never know for sure...

A-lister

Veteran

I want him! xcheer

Yes this song was pretty good, one of my favorites from Eesti Laul '11.

But I root for someone like Ithaka Maria. I still believe Estonia made the wrong choice (especially the biased juries).

evilperson

If she was such an artist she should post her own compositions instead of just singing covers.

Anyways I doubt Estonia is that desperate to use someone who sings on Youtube, but one can never know for sure...

It's not beyond anyone to attempt to write a song or find someone else to write a song for them. Every singer has to start from somewhere and in this day and age it seems like youtube is the type of platform that could potentially launch a star.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran

mmm, Uku Suviste.... Narmish, have you seen him on the recent New Wave opening? He has such a hot temperament :p

A-lister

Veteran

It's not beyond anyone to attempt to write a song or find someone else to write a song for them. Every singer has to start from somewhere and in this day and age it seems like youtube is the type of platform that could potentially launch a star.

I always say that the difference between an artist and "just a singer" is the creative aspect. Artistry means to create something. Quite often the best artists doesn't necessarily have the technical best singing voices, but they have a creative mind so they usually write/compose themselves or with others.

"just singers" well they may be technical good singers, but they often lack any creativity and imo quite boring and not very entertaining. But that's just my personal opinion.

I'm not against launching yourself through the internet, but I would still prefer people who are more than just wailing voices and actually have something else in the bag.

What I'm fearing though is ESC desperately trying to copy the Idol concept (with the juries onboard) and here we are with all these "voices", while the songs aren't very interesting or anything anymore and the shows lacks people with star-quality and charisma.

Last edited:
Top Bottom