Contact us

ESC 2017 - TONIGHT: GRAND FINAL

LeBomb

Re: ESC 2017 REHEARSALS

Meanwhile, I will wake up at... my usual time, and enjoy the rehearsals starting at 6pm :rolleyes: Australian timezones can come in handy once in a while!

Isn't it at 5pm? :eek: I think it's 9am CET and 10am EET

hijirio

Veteran

Meanwhile, I will wake up at... my usual time, and enjoy the rehearsals starting at 6pm :rolleyes: Australian timezones can come in handy once in a while!

Same here, from Japan. :D However, I don't know if I'd rather wake up and start my day with eurovision, cuz now it's 10:44 and I have no idea how to pass the time as fast as possible until the rehearsals start. :rolleyes:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Hitting the hay right now, and when I wake up, Eurovision 2017 will be well underway. Sorry for that inanely obvious statement; it's just so exciting xlove xlove

Kaz

Does anyone know why Albania performed before Australia?

ZoboCamel

To summarise some opinions I'm seeing from following a bunch of different streams and comments:

• Sweden is much the same as in MF, but: the backstage start feels a little more bare, Robin was very cold, and the vocals were weaker without the pre-recorded backing track. On the other hand, some of that probably comes down to the usual first rehearsal shakiness, and most are saying that the big stage makes things look impressive here.
  • Georgia nails the vocals, but the staging feels a little lacking, and gives a bit of a vibe of 'that song the producers give mediocre staging to in X Factor to kill off its chances.'
  • Albania had questionable vocals (though again, she's likely holding back for now, as we've seen she was great in preview concerts). Staging is quite similar to the music video, though people are giving very mixed feedback regarding how well it all comes together.
  • Australia is a little weird - Isaiah's on a turntable sort of thing, rotating around as he sings. His face is tiled on the backdrop - kind of like Lisa Ajax from MF this year, but improved. Camerawork isn't great. Each run-through got better here, and apparently Isaiah seems confident both vocally and in terms of stage presence, but people are criticising his facial expressions. Opinions are split overall.

Ezio

Veteran

These visuals could not have been more generic and boring, at least so far. They look very much recycled. Maybe it's time to let these LED walls go and have something new.

Ezio

Veteran

IMG_4404-430x645.jpg

Someone call the fashion police, my eyes got assaulted....

;)

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I kind of...didn't get much energy from that Albanian clip? It felt like she was, if not holding back vocally, holding back in other ways.

estonia

I really liked Swedish song's clip. The background works really well with the song!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Wow, was Belgium really as bad as [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] said? :?

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member

Wow, was Belgium really as bad as [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION] said? :?

It was the first run through still. But I always though Belgium was going to flop. The song is great in the studio version but some songs don't work live. I'm predicting (as always) has the fan flop of the year.

Ezio

Veteran

I really liked Swedish song's clip. The background works really well with the song!

The epileptic backdrop perfectly distracts from the suits in proletarian combinaton with bare feet in white sneakers. :)

I was most impressed with Armenia, very dystopian.

However, overall quite underwhelming so far.

Galandar

It was the first run through still. But I always though Belgium was going to flop. The song is great in the studio version but some songs don't work live. I'm predicting (as always) has the fan flop of the year.
It was always clear that Belgium is overrated. Song is nice but way too repetitive and monotonous for a live singing

Ezio

Veteran

Poor Belgium. It was easy to foresee that this song would not work out well on the big stage. But I still hope for Estonia to become the fan flop. This song is such an abomination and is far away from the qualities of other fan flops like Israel 2014.

Top Bottom