Contact us

ESC 2017 - TONIGHT: GRAND FINAL

ag89

After I analyzed average scores from 2014, 2015 and this year, I made conclusion that average scores should be used in semi-finals without the points we have. What I am trying to say is they should combine average scores of juries and televoting, bring it together and then the 10 countries with the lowest average scores will go through. This would help many small countries or countries without blocks to get better chance and at the same time friendly voting would be additionally put on side.

The reason is this: for example Bosnia last year in semi final: despite I am a Bosnian, I know we came top 10 with televoting last year because we got very high scores by some (friendly) countries and few more points by others + we were very bottom in televoting in many countries. The same happened with Serbia last year. This means we had enough pts to reach top 10 with televoting, but if we use average score (1st, 5th, 15th, 16th etc etc. basically all scores together) both countries are out of top 10 in televoting.

Also, speaking of last year, San Marino would have been top 10 (9th or 10th) with televoting if the average score was used. This means that this kinda rule would help countries that are not able to get high scores with some countries in televoting (or jury voting) to qualify since they receive better scores from more countries (basically, it will help countries that get solid scores (7th, 11th, 12th etc) for more countries and not let's say 6 top scores and the rest zeros).

The final voting has to stay the same, but in semi finals this voting can help songs that do solid with more countries vs songs that do well in few and low in rest.

ag89

Also, in 2010 if today's system was used, we would have had this:

1 *Germany 430
2 *Romania 322
3 *Turkey 296
4 *Denmark 295
5 *Georgia 287
6 *Armenia 282
7 *Azerbaijan 277
8 *Greece 262
9 *Belgium 261
10 *Ukraine 223
11 *France 185
12 *Russia 170
13 *Israel 161
14 *Spain 149
15 *Serbia 147
16 *Albania 132
17 *Bosnia and Herzegovina 100
18 *Iceland 97
19 *Portugal 93
20 *Norway 79
21 *Ireland 77
22 *Cyprus 73
23 *Moldova 61
24 *Belarus 40
25 *United Kingdom 25

Interesting. And very close from 2nd place and on.

NemesisNick

Guess what! It's how exactly 3 whole weeks since the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Grand Final from Kyiv. How time flies! At last, here's my in-depth review about the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Grand Final:

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Grand Final

Please note that this report contains a few links to an associated report which is not available yet, and thus those links don't currently work. I hope to have my associated report finished and online tomorrow.

NemesisNick

My second report about the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Grand Final is now available here. This one covers an in-depth analysis of the voting.
Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Grand Final Extended Voting Analysis

If you want to see how the results would have appeared if the 42 spokespersons had announced the televoting results first and the hosts had announced the jury totals at the end, please click here

If that's not enough for you, a collection of statistics covering 1956 to 2017 are available here:
Eurovision Song Contest Statistics 2017

Although the UK has had a generally poor run in the Eurovision Song Contest since 1999, the UK is still one of the best countries in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest. Three league tables outlining the overall performance of all countries that have ever participated over the years are available here:
Eurovision Song Contest League Tables 2017

Realest

Just watched this Video and now I think that it wouldnt be that bad if we had only Televotes:

AlekS

Veteran
The most epic selfie ever:

MTiOATW.jpg

Jamala and the Butt-man xbow

He said she didn't recognize him but we all know that's not true xqueenbitch

Top Bottom