Contact us

Emmelie or Conchita?

FilipFromSweden

Let's say that everything stays the same, Denmark and Copenhagen is hosting, same hosts, same stage etc.

Conchita is competing for Austria with Rise Like A Phoenix
Emmelie De Forest is competing for Denmark with Only Teardrops (that did not win in 2013)

Who would've been the winner?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Austria. Purely based on the Statement that Conchita had with her, and what she stood for.

Salmon

Austria. Purely based on the Statement that Conchita had with her, and what she stood for.

Definitely. Though Emmelie is a goddess xbow and would be a more than deserved winner.

Mlyn

Banned
Emmelie's victory had no significance unlike the winning songs before (2012) and after her (2014). Well, it's just fine, but I also think Only Teardrops was purely based on a Eurovision winning formular, that is why it doesn't stand out in the gallery of winners. So, this round goes to Conchita.

What would be more interesting: Loreen vs. Conchita ..... I think a Song Contest battle between these two would be a deathmatch like 2011, that ends up with a winner like Running Scared, that nobody really likes....

FilipFromSweden

Emmelie's victory had no significance unlike the winning songs before (2012) and after her (2014). Well, it's just fine, but I also think Only Teardrops was purely based on a Eurovision winning formular, that is why it doesn't stand out in the gallery of winners. So, this round goes to Conchita.

What would be more interesting: Loreen vs. Conchita ..... I think a Song Contest battle between these two would be a deathmatch like 2011, that ends up with a winner like Running Scared, that nobody really likes....

Oh wow! Loreen against Conchita! That is hard! (It was actually a pretty tight fight between Sweden and Russia in 2012, Sweden only got 11 points in televoting and both we're over 300). But if it was between Loreen and Conchita at least one of them would win, because in 2011 there was actually no song that had the potential to be a winner. I think Loreen would have been the winner with just a few points, but it also depends on the year since Conchita also had political help this year which she would not have had back in 2012.

Mlyn

Banned
Televoting vs. Juries:

Loreen scored 343 with the televotes, whereas Conchita scored 315 points. 2012 had 42 countries, 2014 had 37 countries.

So, Loreen scored an average of 8.37, Conchita scored 8.51. So, the viewers choice award goes to Conchita xheya.....

But the juries gave Loreen 296 points (avg. 7.22) , Conchita got only 224 points (avg. 6.22). So, the critics' choice award goes to Loreen xheya.

For some reason Loreen got propelled to over 372 points, whereas Conchita stayed behind her televote result, but that is likely due to the new voting rules.

12Points

Let's say that everything stays the same, Denmark and Copenhagen is hosting, same hosts, same stage etc.

Conchita is competing for Austria with Rise Like A Phoenix
Emmelie De Forest is competing for Denmark with Only Teardrops (that did not win in 2013)

Who would've been the winner?
"That did not win in 2013" she's obviously winning :?, what do you mean? :confused:

FilipFromSweden

Exactly :) imagine Only Teardrops was not performed until 2014

Mlyn

Banned
Only Teardrops would not have won this year, but it would have given Denmark a better result than Basim's song.

The competition among Western countries this year was extremely song, so Denmark had no chance to stand out. 4 of this year's top 5 are from the West.

Last year, Denmark and Norway were the Westernly aces against Azerbaijan, Ukraine and Russia, although I wished Ukraine the victory for their excellent song. On the other hand, ESC in Ukraine this year would have been a political desaster and propaganda show.

Mlyn

Banned
I'm still a bit sad though that Conchita lost so many points thanks to the new voting rules. I really don't support the idea of ranking all the songs by individuals, compared to just awarding the top 10 favourites.

Poland, Germany, Macedonia, Montenegro, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Belarus threw Conchita completely under the bus, although she got excellent scores from the public.

The televoting victory or a victory under the rules until 2012 would have been more resounding, giving her at least the 3rd best result ever and more than 300 points. Moreover, she would have been in the lead since the second sets of votes from Greece and never lost her lead. Their wouldn't have been a single country not giving her any points at all, even San Marino would have had a couple of points, since those jurors who didn't support her couldn't have sank her.

I'm also sad for Switzerland, because a Top 7 result would have been remarkable and so well deserved. Also we would have had more countries with more than 100 points, and also the mid section of the scoreboard would have been more hefty. The new rules completely distorting the result.

Haverdge

I'm still a bit sad though that Conchita lost so many points thanks to the new voting rules. I really don't support the idea of ranking all the songs by individuals, compared to just awarding the top 10 favourites.

Poland, Germany, Macedonia, Montenegro, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Belarus threw Conchita completely under the bus, although she got excellent scores from the public.

The televoting victory or a victory under the rules until 2012 would have been more resounding, giving her at least the 3rd best result ever and more than 300 points. Moreover, she would have been in the lead since the second sets of votes from Greece and never lost her lead. Their wouldn't have been a single country not giving her any points at all, even San Marino would have had a couple of points, since those jurors who didn't support her couldn't have sank her.

I'm also sad for Switzerland, because a Top 7 result would have been remarkable and so well deserved. Also we would have had more countries with more than 100 points, and also the mid section of the scoreboard would have been more hefty. The new rules completely distorting the result.

I agree. Switzerland deserved to be in the Top 5.

Verjamem

Definitely Conchita. Finally since when I started to being a fan of ESC, I can say that this-year winner is one of the best in last time. World-class ballad, very good voice and outstanding performance (like Roman said).
Emmelie wasn't very stunning (I agree), but we just needed to have a winning country in that mediocre year :p

Nikkita

Offcourse Conchita. Emmelie shouldn't even won that year.

SuperGirl

None! Conchita is overrated. She won only because her beard and as a protest to Russia. Nothing else. The song and performance wasn't nothing special at all.

None of these winners are in Loreen's class.

dragvision

Banned
Conchita next in the italian version of "Your face sound me similar" imited By Cirilli, the show have every years 8.000.000 of italian viewers.

Top Bottom