Contact us

DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2010 - Lena - Satellite

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

94ayd

Let's hope this piece of information will turn out to be wrong. ;)

teroh

Lena will enter the contest in 2011 again.. it's 95% sure.

Instead of "Our star for ...", Raab's show will be called "Our song for ..."

Like I said, it's 95% sure. Not 100%, but almost.

Lizo

teroh said:

our song for lena? :p

teroh

Lizo said:
teroh said:

Yeah, that's how it's gonna work. She's probably gonna sing ~20 songs and the audience chooses the best one. Then they're gonna do a lot of promotion and hope for a top5 result.

Because, seriously, you can't win twice in a row nowadays. It's just impossible.

Margerita86

teroh said:
Lizo said:
teroh said:

Yeah, that's how it's gonna work. She's probably gonna sing ~20 songs and the audience chooses the best one. Then they're gonna do a lot of promotion and hope for a top5 result.

Because, seriously, you can't win twice in a row nowadays. It's just impossible.
Honestly I would bet on that they would wind up entirely out of the top 10, but you never know until the song is chosen.

EvNickGR

Guys mercy, not again! You must think that if she will go again, she might lose, and tha magic will be lost.... :roll: :?

Deltage

It seems to me as Lena had as much hype surrounding her as Safura did, just not as much from advertising/PR work. Next year she won't have that anymore and she will basically be old news. So her only way to do well is to become a really successful artist by the next ESC which of course can happen, but I'm not really sure it will (at least outside of Germany).

Lizo

teroh said:

especially in your own country... was there ever a person who won the esc in their own country? i dont think so and raab is known for his "love" to his "own" artists (max mutzke, stefanie heinzman and lena) and im pretty sure that he dont want to get a new one every year with the casting show. so he thinks that germany cant lose anything when they send lena again. i mean the "new" one which would be found in the our star for germany talent show wouldnt stand a chance, at least because he will always gets compared to lenas sucess in germany and will be forgotten soon when he dont get a good position in the esc. in the end raab is imo the greatest professional in the media buisness ever. so im pretty sure he have a big idea behind all this.

like i said, raab dont say things for fun. he always have something like a masterplan, so im pretty sure that they just want to spread this rumor so that the boulevard have "material" to discuss and dont dig in lenas private life. so when they announce that they wont send lena but search a new star, im pretty sure the boulevard wont care anymore about lenas private life.

teroh

Lena says special thanks to her 9 top supporters:

lena-flaggen-12-Punkte-16345141-mfbq,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Joabi

who knows if in 6 months Lena is still that loved by the germans? So I still doubt a bit that she will do it again. I already heard many people saying that it's unfair to other candidates who wants to sing for Germany. So I think NDR and Pro7 won't decide this now.

Deltage

I hope Lena doesn't end up like most other German casting show stars who (apart from some exceptions) are hyped up and very popular and then about a year after they won/participated in a show they are forgotten.

Margerita86

Deltage said:
I hope Lena doesn't end up like most other German casting show stars who (apart from some exceptions) are hyped up and very popular and then about a year after they won/participated in a show they are forgotten.
Yes, that is precicly why I do think it might be a very bad idea for her to go again next year. She needs to solidify her footing in the industry I believe.

rjb99

A terrible idea: Lena has deservedly won her own platform for her own career, so she should see where that takes her. And if she were to enter 2011 - anything less than a victory would be seen as a failure....

Don't do it Lena!

Dalia

I hope they won't do that :?
I love Lena but this is an awful idea.
Maybe he should take Stefanie Heinzmann or Christian Durstewitz!
The last one I really love ... ?

Lena+MeyerLandrut+Pic+2.jpg

teroh

Lena's win is a great opportunity to take a look at her very first performance of SATELLITE in the German national final:

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xckulx?autoPlay=0

It was already good enough to make the German audience choose the song for her. But I guess at that time not more than 1% of the voters believed that this was going to be song that wins Eurovision ;)

Dalia

teroh said:
Lena's win is a great opportunity to take a look at her very first performance of SATELLITE in the German national final:

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xckulx?autoPlay=0

It was already good enough to make the German audience choose the song for her. But I guess at that time not more than 1% of the voters believed that this was going to be song that wins Eurovision ;)

I just noticed that it sounds really different to the current version of "Satellite".
Now it's more fun and it sounds more cheeky.

But I also know that she doesn't like this song as much as "Love me" (cause it was her song). And in the moment the audience choose "Satellite" she didn't seemed really happy, but now - i think - she loves the song :D

By the way ... Christian Durstewitz would be a great german entry for ESC 2011 ... xromance

JRS

Congratulations for the victory, Germany! -de
I didint like your song very much personally..but many people did, and Im fine with that :)

Margerita86

Eruovision is about music for me and Germany this year have a song I dislike alot. Lena herself is ok though, but we are also discussing wheter she should or not go and defend her victory next year. Most in here seems to it is a very bad idea...

Top Bottom