Micky Steel - Glansbillede 6
Maia Maia - Beautful Bullshit 6

Eh [4-5] 😶
Mariyah Leberg - Human 5
Fredirick Leopold - Stuck On You 4

Not the tea [3-2] 😒
Søren Tupregaard Lund - Lige her 3

Pooja, What is this behaviour? [1] 🤢

Ok. Well tbh I think this line up screams DMGP very much, it's Denmark through and through lets be honest here. The majority I think is average inoffensive filler, usually it works for Denmark and they scrape on through, but after 2 NQs they really need to be making it back into the final. EYJAA I think is the best option imo. It's still very Denmark but it's Denmark with a bit more quality. Nicklas has a good song also and would be a decent winner. Maia Mais song I don't mind but I find the use of Bullshit highkey cringe as hell. The 'lets be edgy with a swear word'. No. DR clearly know it's not gonna win because the EBU will force them to change the lyrics if it did.

aef

This NF is indeed soo :dk:, talking about recent DMGP editions. In my opinion DMGP has been much more interesting, with higher quality 5-10 years ago. I don’t like any of the songs, everything is so meh or even quite off-putting…

mauve

Veteran
Unfortunately a very weak section again. The only songs that are okay-ish are Eyjaa und Nicklas. The rest is rather beige. :(

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
So the snippets were right: everything screams NQ so much.
  • Try Nicklas Sonne this year as rock music won't come from Finland this year, even if this track isn't really groundbreaking.
  • EYJAA and maia maia could have been successful in 2015, but it's really too late nowadays.
  • A terribly Danish lineup for a Danish final that will end into a Danish NQ for the third consecutive time (should have been four with Leonora).
Definitely, "The Weakest Link" of Scandinavia!

Betwixt Tales

This selection of songs is gonna get us absolutely nowhere. We're doomed to be stuck in the Semi's forever if songs like this keep getting selected.

Where's my Rave Med De Hårde Drenge? Give me just one song to root for. :cry:

Betwixt Tales

I died and was reborn [10] 🙌 🥺 🔥 🥵
-

Oo ok, I really quite like these a lot [8-9] 🌟
EYJAA - I Was Gonna Marry Him 9
Nicklas Sonne - Freedom 8

Average, kinda like them [6-7] 🙂
Micky Steel - Glansbillede 6
Maia Maia - Beautful Bullshit 6

Eh [4-5] 😶
Mariyah Leberg - Human 5
Fredirick Leopold - Stuck On You 4

Not the tea [3-2] 😒
Søren Tupregaard Lund - Lige her 3

Pooja, What is this behaviour? [1] 🤢

Ok. Well tbh I think this line up screams DMGP very much, it's Denmark through and through lets be honest here. The majority I think is average inoffensive filler, usually it works for Denmark and they scrape on through, but after 2 NQs they really need to be making it back into the final. EYJAA I think is the best option imo. It's still very Denmark but it's Denmark with a bit more quality. Nicklas has a good song also and would be a decent winner. Maia Mais song I don't mind but I find the use of Bullshit highkey cringe as hell. The 'lets be edgy with a swear word'. No. DR clearly know it's not gonna win because the EBU will force them to change the lyrics if it did.
You've forgotten Reiley – Breaking My Heart

cassio

I dont think Danmarks Radio wants to win the ESC with the pick off those 10 songs.... as for the last couple of yeas we participate just for the reason of participating. I hope some day Danmarks Radio wants more

jatojo

So, it's two Icelandic girls against a number of lonely friendly-looking guys with falsetto and a guitar. I think Iceland will take it - I hope they will.

In any case, there is no certain Eurovision qualifier among these entries. My Danish top 5 of the recent years will look like this:

1. Yes, 2020
2. Love Is Forever, 2019
3. I Was Gonna Marry Him, 2023
4. The Show, 2022
5. Øve Os På Hinanden, 2021

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
twice-funny.gif

Freedom performed by Nicklas Sonne
Lige her performed by Søren Torpegaard Lund
Human performed by Mariyah LeBerg

Breaking My Heart performed by Reiley

Glansbillede performed by Micky Skeel
Beautiful Bullshit performed by Maia Maia
Stuck On You performed by Frederik Leopold
I Was Gonna Marry Him performed by EYJAA

Realest

Frederik Leopold - Stuck On You 5.0/10
Nicklas Sonne - Freedom 4.5/10
Eyjaa - I Was Gonna Marry Him 4.1/10
Reiley - Breaking My Heart 3.5/10
Mariyah LeBerg - Human 3.3/10
Maia Maia - Beautiful Bullshit 2.4/10
Micky Skeel - Glansbillede 2.1/10
Søren Torpegaard Lund - Lige Her 1.3/10

Looren

Veteran
Here we go :

1. Nicklas Sonne - Freedom : Yassssss ! Amazing stuff ! Powerfull voice and song !
2. Eyjaa - I Was Gonna Marry Him : Top class stuff, beautiful harmonies and song, love it !

3. Mariyah LeBerg - Human : Nice one, splendid singer

4. Søren Torpegaard Lund - Lige Her : Wasted potential, beautiful voice, song started well but went nowhere
5. Maia Maia - Beautiful Bullshit : Very average stuff
6. Frederik Leopold - Stuck On You : Just like Maia

7. Micky Steel - Glansbillede : Big pile of nothing

8. Reiley - Breaking My Heart : KILL THIS WITH FIRE

jatojo

Where's my Rave Med De Hårde Drenge? Give me just one song to root for. :cry:
There is absolutely no way that song could have qualified for the final. The idea was fine, but there was no hook. Look at Finland - they know how to make an energetic, noisy song WITH a hook.

jatojo

My guess is that the top 3 in the voting will be Eyjaa, Maia Maia, and Frederik Leopold. Depending on the live performances of course. I don't think Sonne can quite make it, as his song doesn't have the quality to impress other people than those who like noisy rock. The reception of Reiley is hard to judge, but there is so much falsetto that I think the song will be difficult to deliver perfectly on stage.

simori95

Based upon first impression, I like this wayyyyy more than the year before. Granted, it's still nothing with too much substance, but at least the (perceived) quality is much better.

1. Reiley - Breaking my heart 8,5/10
2. Eyjaa - I was gonna marry him 8/10
3. Nicklas Sonne - Freedom 8/10
4. Mariyah Leberg - Human 7/10
5. Frederick Leopold - Stuck on you 6,5/10
6. Micky Skeel - Glansbillede 5,5/10
7. Maia Maia - Beautiful Bullshit 4,5/10
8. Sören Torpgaard Lund - Lige her 4/10

elanyvx

The worst Scandinavian country of all. Generic songs, they make little effort and above all they don't realize that their songs are really "useless". I understand the fact that they don't want to win, but they should at least think about proposing a good level national selection. The last 100% convincing song for Denmark was Rasmussen's for me.

Finland this year has a fantastic selection and different musical genres in just 7 songs, Sweden with Melodifestivalen for better or for worse offers many things, even if similar over the years. Norway has renewed, Iceland even if a small country still has its own style, and above all the option of the double version of the same song, Icelandic in the semi-final and possibly in English in the final.

I am What I am by Emma Muscat, bought by Denmark for Eurovision 2022, this year would have won the Dansk MGP 2023 for example. And even that song was the usual stuff heard and resented a thousand times.

The only songs with any positive chance for Liverpool are:
Nicklas Sonne (I don't like the rock genre but it could work in the midst of so many pop proposals)
ENJAA (Icelandic and Irish vibes but a normal track overall)
Reiley (maybe the most complete song with an addictive rhythm, but him also have to get the staging right)

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
This NF is indeed soo :dk:, talking about recent DMGP editions. In my opinion DMGP has been much more interesting, with higher quality 5-10 years ago. I don’t like any of the songs, everything is so meh or even quite off-putting…
So just like almost every Austrian song sent to Eurovision post 2000.

Top Bottom