• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

rasmuslights

Veteran
No posts yet?

Denmark finally confirmed their participation:

Let´s hope for way better and more competitive entries in next year´s national final!

really doubt it...

denmark is quite a hopeless country...

i mean none literally none of the established acts in denmark want to touch eurovision. norway has a similar situation just that they usually don't go for vanilla acts and norway has a bit bigger music industry i think.

RomanFromRussia

I think the DR should increase the total amount of acts in the public stages of NF and give more artists the opportunity to perform on TV. Because it seems like DR wants to play safe and lives in illusion that it actually does. And this frames their vision of DMGP as an ESC-centric event in its worst sense possible.

Songwriting camps should be criminalized.

Smth like this would satisfy my wishes

Fluke

Andreas Odbjerg should be an absolute shoe-in... though he kinda needs to work on his performance style!

jatojo

A guy like Malte Ebert would be a good candidate for Denmark. Sings well even live, handsome, very good at writing hits (Danish hits that is). And he's not an "elitist" kind of artist, so to some extent he would fit well into ESC. But - in Denmark, it's always a risk to participate at an DMGP or Eurovision - anything else than big success can harm your carreer, and he's on a roll at the moment, so my guess is that he will wait some time before he goes for it.

RubenML

Has anybody heard anything about when artists or songs will be revealed? Or has anybody heard something about who will compete in DMGP 23? Or does anybody have a guess who will compete? ;)

rasmuslights

Veteran
Has anybody heard anything about when artists or songs will be revealed? Or has anybody heard something about who will compete in DMGP 23? Or does anybody have a guess who will compete? ;)

lol... it's always no-names so it's impossible to guess.

JustLikeHeaven

Eurosong DK reveals in this video that they have listened to some of the songs, and that we will know all the artists in january:

Last edited:

jatojo

My optimism concerning Denmark hasn't exactly grown recently. Norway and Spain are - once again - presenting experienced singers, while DR seem to stick to their "let's find some unknown artists and have them sing some calm, radio-friendly stuff" strategy. But it's not even a question of what DR intend to do. I'm seriously worried about the level altogether in Denmark, both regarding good live vocalists and song writing. I mean: Is there a Danish composer who can write a solid ballad? I can't think of anyone (except the above mentioned Malte Ebert).

The only thing that can save Denmark in terms of Eurovision is if they buy a good song abroad and/or bring back a quality singer like Simone or Emmelie de Forest to create some hype. There is no way Denmark can produce an DMGP with an overall quality like the contests in Norway, Sweden, Finland or Spain. Not as things are right now.

jatojo

Lise Cabble to the rescue - please. :) Has she ever written a bad song for DMGP? I don't think she has.

Top Bottom