10 6.5%

12 7.8%

24 15.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Betwixt Tales

I don't know if he was missing his in-ears or something, but I just watched his PrePartyES performance, and it did not sound good. But when he did the song at the Polish PreParty I thought he sounded amazing. This kind of unsteadiness in quality worries me.
Hopefully, it's more to do with them all constantly flying all over at the moment, knowing he's an introvert, and he just really needs a break to recharge his batteries. :)

Betwixt Tales

He just posted a story on his Instagram acknowledging that his performance was off. I'll link it below as it includes a recording of his soundcheck, where everything was fine. :)

Very sorry about my performance. I'm not sure what happened, soundcheck went really well and I was happy about it. These events are always very chaotic and then tech is not always the best. I still had the best time in Madrid. You were amazing. Love you all. 🫶

Link to his Insta story here

Chorizo

I’m not sure what is more annoying, the way he looks or the way he sounds, but I also think that I might really like this if I were a 12-year-old girl. Since I’m not, this is not getting much love from me. 3 points.

Ezio

Veteran
Åh, min far, der er et spøgelse i min krop, åh, åh, åhh…

Septem Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh
buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh buh
buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh buh

naked by your side, ugh

Åh, min far, der er et spøgelse i min krop,
Åh, min far, der er et spøgelse i min krop,
Åh, min far, der er et spøgelse i min krop, åh, åh, åhh…

Ezio

Veteran
MopManMoss er spøgelsen I min krop :eek:

Ezio

Veteran
Hvorfor er du så knyttet til dine kammerater i Vægten?

I said I would't rate this until I see his live. Having done that, I admmit that he's actually very good performer.

He'll absolutely do better with televote than we expect, there's a niche of youngsters that have formed their musical taste on TikTok and IG and this song is exactly that cup of tea. That's exactly the reason why it has been chosen as a semi 2 opener.

That however doesn't change the fact that what he sings is a big NO NO for me or, in other words, a symbol of everything I find wrong about pop music nowadays.

I give it a 7. It's well produced, he can deliver that song even without effects. But I wouldn't vote for this like ever ever ever.

Ferryman

Stuggi (for April), Liverpool/Stockport (for May)
This afternoon, I have been mostly listening to Denmark...

I'm a bit lost here. Just how old is this kid? Is this really a misplaced entry for Junior ESC?

Can he actually sing, or does he need that electronic effect to help him along? Would that effect even be allowed during the actual competition performance?

If you're think that I'm being harsh, then my partner was even more critical. She was astonished that he was actually male. She thought that he hadn't reached puberty.

I would be shocked if this got through to the GF, but stranger things have happened!

jatojo

I don't know if he was missing his in-ears or something, but I just watched his PrePartyES performance, and it did not sound good. But when he did the song at the Polish PreParty I thought he sounded amazing. This kind of unsteadiness in quality worries me.
:)

Unsteadiness is the essence of falsetto. Sometimes you nail it, sometimes you don't. Mahmood nailed it mostly last spring, but not in the final.

Betwixt Tales

Unsteadiness is the essence of falsetto. Sometimes you nail it, sometimes you don't. Mahmood nailed it mostly last spring, but not in the final.
I'm not a song expert, so can't really comment on that. But his performance last night in Amsterdam went great. No issues whatsoever. And he was far(!!!) from the only one who had tech issues in Madrid, so I'm thinking it was due to him not being able to hear himself at all.

midnightsun

Veteran
Some of my favourite music and artists (IRL) are from Denmark so I am surprised that’s it’s now my least favourite country in ESC after Portugal keeps sending quality the past years… so SAD!

Ferryman

Stuggi (for April), Liverpool/Stockport (for May)
So is Oh Land! I think her music would wor really well in the Eurovision context as a lot of her songs would not need to be cut.
She would bring something totally different, especially with her cello players and their looped effects. Her partner could do all the visuals as well. Unfortunately I don't believe she could ever be tempted.

Top Bottom