22 12.3%

15 8.4%

13 7.3%

5 2.8%

33 18.4%

• Total voters

ZoboCamel

Re: DENMARK 2016

"Only Teardrops" radio friendly, seriously :?

That song was tailor made for ESC and and only exists because of it. It's an ESC stereotype that is anything but different :lol: I don't know what radio station would ever play that. A lot of songs from that year could at least pass off as an average album track, and OT is certainly not one of them.

I don't think I entirely want Eurovision to be all about radio-friendly songs, though. There are thousands of mainstream, radio-friendly pop tracks released each year, and to me most of them seem to meld together into one amorphous blob; if Eurovision added forty more a year to that list, I don't feel like it'd mean much. If the contest essentially provides an area for a genre that could never exist anywhere else, then... well, I'd much rather it continue to support that genre (and others, of course) than add another forty radio-friendly pop tracks each year. If ESC was just a representative slice of the kind of mainstream pop that's already everywhere, I don't think I'd have been all that attracted to it in the first place - it's entirely because the contest was different that I started to get into it.

GWTW1939

I don't think I entirely want Eurovision to be all about radio-friendly songs, though. There are thousands of mainstream, radio-friendly pop tracks released each year, and to me most of them seem to meld together into one amorphous blob; if Eurovision added forty more a year to that list, I don't feel like it'd mean much. If the contest essentially provides an area for a genre that could never exist anywhere else, then... well, I'd much rather it continue to support that genre (and others, of course) than add another forty radio-friendly pop tracks each year. If ESC was just a representative slice of the kind of mainstream pop that's already everywhere, I don't think I'd have been all that attracted to it in the first place - it's entirely because the contest was different that I started to get into it.

I agree I was just responding to the above posts who said "Only Teardrops" was different yet still radio friendly. As if Denmark was taking a risk while still being true to their radio friendly ways. Sorry but I don't agree with that, it wasn't current or radio friendly at all and in the ESC world as safe and predictable as one can get.

I liked the song a lot but it didn't feel genuine coming from Denmark, it was far too calculating. It was like Denmark was Eliza Doolittle and ESC fans Henry Higgins molding them into what they thought was ESC perfection. Even "In a Moment Like This" despite being just as calculating, and a Swedish import to boot, felt more true to what they normally do (it probably would have gotten lots of radio play in the 80s). If you think about it "Calm after the Storm" achieved to perfection what Denmark tries to do. It actually has more in common with most of the Danish entries that everyone loves to call blah and bland then the typical ESC ones that fans worship.

tuorem

And I personally think "Only Teardrops" was selling their sole to the devil as you put it. It was ESC calculated by numbers that can only exist in ESC universe and nowhere else. It's a ESC stereotype and in terms of recent Danish entries it sticks out like a sore thumb. The hardcore fans were cheering crazy for it when they normally called the Danish entry "blah." They pandered to the ESC audience and the EBU rewarded them for it. After all it was the year when things started going down hill with all the manipulation.

I didn't say "Only Teardrops" wasn't ESC calculated, I meant it was different compared with what Denmark usually sent. Let's be honest: it was meant to please the highest number of people, the way of singing and presentation was partly inspired by the previous winner imo, and there was nothing bold composition-wise. It was catchy for sure, and I wouldn't blame Danes for choosing this because no one would ever listen to it outside Eurovision. Each year, lots of entries are specific to the contest actually.

It wasn't the best song of 2013 to me and I doubt it was the true winning song given the fishy results we got, but I felt like it was refreshing to hear something else from Denmark, even if it was a "pure ESC hit". I'm not gonna lie, that genre they send over and over again leaves me cold, maybe that's why I'm hoping for music diversity from time to time.

Romeo

I've just gone to book tickets to see Tim Schou after seeing he is in Liverpool on the 15th of January... then I couldnt find the tickets and then found out because it was 2015 :(

why does everything bad in life happen to me?

PamSwynford

On 28th January DR will reveal the songs. The day after the compilation CD will go on sale.
Source

susanhm

You can listen to to the sogns on Spotify. Thy have been leaked. I have listened to them and we won't won this year.

NikkiBoy

Emilie Esther is highly rumored to be one of the ten finalists.
Take a listen - she's amazing!

Schlagerman1

You can listen to to the sogns on Spotify. Thy have been leaked. I have listened to them and we won't won this year.

It is so it seems, listening to them as I write. Better write down a list of the song titles and artists.

1. "Rays Of Sunlight" David Jay
2. "Heart Shaped Hole" Simone
3. "To Stjerner" Muri & Mario
4. "Blue Horizon" Sophia Nohr
5. "The Wrong Kind" Veronicas Illusion
6. "Soldiers Of Love" Lighthouse X
7. "Who Needs A Heart" Kristel Lisberg
8. "Break It Good" Jessica
9. "Breakaway" Bracelet
10. "Never Alone" Anja Nissen

PamSwynford

Someone already posted Anja's song on YT.

Schlagerman1

Well it is a rather boring bunch of songs, as it often is with Denmark. But for me it is almost obvious that it is made for Anja Nissen and her "Never Alone". Cool song which I can see do rather well in Stockholm. Reminds a little of "You" (:se: 2013) and I could almost put money on that the Deb-family is involved in this song as well. I also like Jessicas song, which felt summerish and fun. But the contender for winning will problably be Bracelet, typical danish rock-popish sound that often works. Wouldn't be surprised if Denmark choose wrong and go for the more generic sound (even if all the songs are basically generic this year...).

susanhm

Anja Nissen is the best of the bunch. Changed my mind. Simone for the win.

NikkiBoy

Simone is by now my favorite with Heart Shaped Hole - what a voice and such a good song! :dk: !!!

NikkiBoy

She is an amazing singer! I love her and her voice ;) I'm waiting impatiently to hear HEART SHAPED HOLE :p

You must look forward to hearing it then, you won't get disappointed!
And she got good chances this time i will say!

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Yay, I'm already jumping to Simone's wagon without even listening to the song! xheart

susanhm

Ok. just listend to them again. and Simone is getting better and better.

NikkiBoy

It's Simone's time to represent the red and white colors for Denmark! xcheer

susanhm

Simone´s Heart Shaped Hole, reminds me a bit of Sia and her songs.

Top Bottom