5 2.8%

33 18.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
DENMARK.png

lighthouse-x-eurovision-soldiers-of-love.jpg

:dk: Lighthouse X - Soldiers of Love :dk:

Lighthouse X (pronounced "Lighthouse Ten") is a Danish pop group with a special social profile consisting of Søren Bregendal, Johannes Nymark and Martin Skriver.

The band was formed with the goal of helping people who face challenges in their lives. They work as ambassadors of three different non-profit organizations who also receive a percentage of the groups profit. In February 2016 the band took part in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2016, the music competition that selects Denmark's entries for the Eurovision Song Contest. The competition was held on 13 February 2016 at the Forum Horsens in Horsens. The band performed "Soldiers of Love" in the Final making it through to the Super final winning with 42% of the public vote. They will perform at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 during the second semi-final on 12 May 2016. Johannes Nymark had previously been a keyboard player for Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014.

Source: Wikipedia

NikkiBoy

Re: DENMARK 2016

Sorry, but Medina will NEVER enter Eurovision in any way. Her attitude on television programs is like she's "Britney Spears". :lol:

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member

I hope their non-qualification is a big wake up call. I'm desperate to see something daring and non-mainstream from Denmark, preferably in Danish!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I hope their non-qualification is a big wake up call. I'm desperate to see something daring and non-mainstream from Denmark, preferably in Danish!

Well they had a great opportunity with this:

It's not exactly 'daring' but it's in Danish and a lot better than what they actually sent. It came 3rd.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member

Well they had a great opportunity with this:

It's not exactly 'daring' but it's in Danish and a lot better than what they actually sent. It came 3rd.

Same with my beloved Manjana xlove:

I think both would be finalists for sure!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Same with my beloved Manjana xlove:

I think both would be finalists for sure!

I think there are several entries better than what they chose and would have probably qualified. The two above, "Love me Love me" "Mi Amore" "suitcase" "Summer without you" and possibly even "Hotel A" would have all probably qualified.

theCONWEL

WorldVision & OM Mod
Staff member

I think there are several entries better than what they chose and would have probably qualified. The two above, "Love me Love me" "Mi Amore" "suitcase" "Summer without you" and possibly even "Hotel A" would have all probably qualified.

Exactly, they just chose the most irritating and unbearable one :lol: I do kinda like DMGP as an NF format though, I just wish the quality was higher.

Mrm

Veteran

Medina should take part at 2016 DMGP!! xlove xheart

cassio

I think Electric Lady Lab could do a fine job in Eurovision.

I have never head of her before ...... if she would make her own music instead of a mix of others, then why not I think you young people would clearly vote for this in the national final. Personally I'm not in to this EDM stuff.

Mrm

Veteran

I want smth like 2008 DMGP runner up Unite - "Tree of life" to win next time!!

NikkiBoy

Lukas Graham and Medina i can say for sure - they'' never participate in DMGP, sorry. But they're "too" famous.

But Electric Lady Lab is not impossible to see on a Eurovision-stage ;)

cassio

Lukas Graham and Medina i can say for sure - they'' never participate in DMGP, sorry. But they're "too" famous.

But Electric Lady Lab is not impossible to see on a Eurovision-stage ;)

I don't care much for which artists are going to perform or not. Im more into variated genres of music than we have seen in the NF... more like Finland's NF actually !!

I think it would be great if we had more soul / funk, pop, rock, even punk rock and heavy metal instead of only one or two genres

Top Bottom