ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SAYAY

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH IT HURTSxrosexcryxheart

Slabsson79

Where did you see it?
You can find it on Youtube, recorded by some privat accounts.

The performance was decent vocal wise, as obviously the sound engineering worked. What is a little "troubling", is that only 3 girls have performed a choreo routine, 3 were "stuck" behind pointless/useless instruments (Keyboard, drums, guitar). That is wasted staging potential and a dead-end street imho. Not that it kills their chances, but it indeed diminishes them. Still, i am in good faith that they will be smart enough to have a totally different choreo for Liverpool and that this is just a plan to keep things secret until the right time strikes...

So overall, 7,5/10 for Israel calling and VESNA.

SpiritofKeiino

I can't see it not qualifying. It's not one of my personal favourites but it's been generally well received and the song has appeal. Something would have to go catastrophically wrong for it not to qualify, IMO. Even a poor vocal performance will probably not affect it qualifying, in a televote only semi. It's safe.

Slabsson79

I can't see it not qualifying. It's not one of my personal favourites but it's been generally well received and the song has appeal. Something would have to go catastrophically wrong for it not to qualify, IMO. Even a poor vocal performance will probably not affect it qualifying, in a televote only semi. It's safe.
Well, I have a vivid fantasy, so i could imagine a NQ, but I am positive the team around Vesna is smart enough to give them the backing and constructive criticism they need to present a full package. This will not be liked be everyone, but that cannot be surprising.

Next time, and I hope there will be a next time for Czechia at ESC 2024, Czechia must pick something where I have neither worries about vocals and staging and thus about Q in general :)

honzak11

It looks like the costumes from the music video won't be used on the ESC stage... :(
From Vesna's insta story: "We tried to match the costumes to the music video, but felt like it is bringing chaos to the stage. Now, we are trying out a new concept which corresponds to the idea os sisterhood. Being all united and unique at the same time".

SpiritofKeiino

It looks like the costumes from the music video won't be used on the ESC stage... :(
From Vesna's insta story: "We tried to match the costumes to the music video, but felt like it is bringing chaos to the stage. Now, we are trying out a new concept which corresponds to the idea os sisterhood. Being all united and unique at the same time".
Hmm. I liked the costumes. I hope they aren't going to rip the individuality out of the bands look when taking it on stage.

Ewigkeit

Veteran
Haven't heard any of this year's songs yet. I just watched the all-songs recap yesterday with Hiji, Pras, and Deniz last night and this literally blew my mind. I couldn't help it and listened to it in full. I hope this wins even though I have no idea what the rest of the songs sound like. SLAY big time.

Chorizo

I think it’s an interesting song with a very Eastern sound. I’m surprised it is doing so well in the odds. 8 points.

Ferryman

Stuggi (for April), Liverpool/Stockport (for May)
When I first heard this song and saw the magical supporting video I was really blown away, but now I'm getting a bit pessimistic about this entry.

Like a few others I'm becoming worried about how it's going to be performed and staged. In the pre-party appearances Vesna are really looking like a tepid version of the Spice Girls.

If the director of the video still had a handle on the staging, and the girls went for the same costuming and make up, then this could have a stunning and unforgettable presence.

AndroZeus

It's wild that they're worried about making the stage too chaotic. This is fucking Eurovision! Go camp or go home! (It's in my top 10 either way, but I really wish they'd lean in to being over-the-top, so people remember them.)

Ferryman

Stuggi (for April), Liverpool/Stockport (for May)
It's wild that they're worried about making the stage too chaotic. This is fucking Eurovision! Go camp or go home! (It's in my top 10 either way, but I really wish they'd lean in to being over-the-top, so people remember them.)
You are totally right.

They have such a great song. They need to really need to go for it!

Being bland won't register. Far better to risk too much chaos and cause a tsunami of dazzle!!

Bmbriga

When I first heard this song and saw the magical supporting video I was really blown away, but now I'm getting a bit pessimistic about this entry.

Like a few others I'm becoming worried about how it's going to be performed and staged. In the pre-party appearances Vesna are really looking like a tepid version of the Spice Girls.

If the director of the video still had a handle on the staging, and the girls went for the same costuming and make up, then this could have a stunning and unforgettable presence.
Saving grace is that they are not going to dress themselves and I really hope someone is going to plan that staging into the second and every single move, because them improvising is not going to end well.

JenJen94

I have no concerns about their live performances or whether they're qualifying to the final. My Sister's Crown's epic chorus alone is enough to guarantee Czechia in the final. :cool:

Czechia will deliver on staging too. (y)

Agree!

I desperately want this in the final too-it's a great song

Top Bottom