2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nofuxCZ

I am glad that the same people who worked on our staging last year are there again this year. And I trust Vesna to have enough vision on what they want to do and not underestimate it like Benny Cristo did. Zizoe Veselá, who will take care of the creative direction/costumes/choreography is also behind the music video, so I expect nothing less than a visually stunning staging. Pre-recorded vocals for the chorus and better sound mixing in the actual ESC should also ensure they sound better than in our low budget NF. So this year is the first year when I am not worried about our qualification at all. Maybe that's not a good sign :ROFLMAO:

A-lister

Veteran
I am glad that the same people who worked on our staging last year are there again this year. And I trust Vesna to have enough vision on what they want to do and not underestimate it like Benny Cristo did. Zizoe Veselá, who will take care of the creative direction/costumes/choreography is also behind the music video, so I expect nothing less than a visually stunning staging. Pre-recorded vocals for the chorus and better sound mixing in the actual ESC should also ensure they sound better than in our low budget NF. So this year is the first year when I am not worried about our qualification at all. Maybe that's not a good sign :ROFLMAO:

Is it really a good thing that it's the same people as last year though? I think the staging was a bit meh.

boyardor

We need Mikolas back in 2024 (but this doesn´t mean that Vesna is bad, they are excellent)

Ezio

Veteran
I love this song, the passion, the emotion, the references. But most of all the video, and here comes the problem. The video and studio production sell this song like a winner, but the national final performance didn't give me these vibes at all.
And then, is it my favourite Czech song of all time? Unfortunately, not. I love it, I wish Czechia always the best, but their 2015 still is dearer to my heart than this song, and what Slovakia did in 2010, is also dearer to me.

Borderline 12 points for me. I love it, but I am not that crazy for it that I used to be when it came out.

Gitte

Are there any clear infographs in existence of the current, going to esc member's names with their picture next to it.

Vesna is a sure qualifier given streams, views, odds, the bubble buzz combined.

Portugal and Serbia and Netherlands are not in fact. They are domestic and bubble buzz based.

I dislike the lyrics still and haven't processed them. Same as Serbia's and Swiss. The songs mismatch the reality of our lifes. They are awkward.

One sings of Slavic unity when that "unity" is trying to be achieved by razing men and towns to ground.

The other who comes from neutral country doesn't want to go war and wants to play with waterguns when whole Europe and Ukraine waits furiously for them to give licenses for arms export to defence of Ukraine.

The third one openly plays Vučić: I can't decide panick panick Brussels Moscow or Berlin panick panick shut down I'll pretend I sleep I'll pretend I sleep I don't care let them burn I'll sleep.

I'm sorry guys, but these are all really tacky songs with misfortunate timings, unclever messages, whatever.

No. I stand with proper and honest and unambigious diss off. Mali podli pshopat!

I'll vote for Vesna only because I promised to @HayashiM as he'll vote for Let 3 in return and was very sweet and kind twrds Croatian entry when many were not. 🤣

P.S. Listening to Zombie by Cranberries right now, that was also "problematic" song back then. But it survived thanks to quality and became inoffensive soon.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I agree with everything you wrote about the lyrics.

But people will not have time enough to care about the lyrics. Many won’t even understand them. And as much as I agree some lyrics are inappropriate because they are of political nature but also inappropriate in other ways, as much we should not forget it’s ALSO a music festival where people watch and just want to have a good time. Yet EBU allows political statements (like Croatia's) and that’s a good thing. United by music. Some people dislike Georgia because the lyrics are not proper English. And I wonder: really? THAT is important to you? Nobody will care within these three minutes! So lyrics should only take a small part of importance in a music festival where everything is all about - music. And visuals. And performance. The whole package. So if I take the lyrics into consideration, I would have to dismiss half the songs.

I agree with everything you wrote about the lyrics.

But people will not have time enough to care about the lyrics. Many won’t even understand them. And as much as I agree some lyrics are inappropriate because they are of political nature but also inappropriate in other ways, as much we should not forget it’s ALSO a music festival where people watch and just want to have a good time. Yet EBU allows political statements (like Croatia's) and that’s a good thing. United by music. Some people dislike Georgia because the lyrics are not proper English. And I wonder: really? THAT is important to you? Nobody will care within these three minutes! So lyrics should only take a small part of importance in a music festival where everything is all about - music. And visuals. And performance. The whole package. So if I take the lyrics into consideration, I would have to dismiss half the songs.

Oh I'm in now way for this apolitical rule nonsense! Everything is political. From our body parts 😁 to thoughts.

I rather said that when there is an assortiment of political entries to choose from, I go with the one that genuinely represents me, my thoughts and feelings. No pun intended against those who support other views or are ready to have a blind eye on things or 2. In music it is, as you said, less relevant [however, on Politics subforum this doesn't apply 😆]

As expected, live performance isn't as it should be

boyardor

As expected, live performance isn't as it should be

But this is SOUND CHECK not rehearsal

But this is SOUND CHECK not rehearsal

Sound check and rehearsal are the same thing for God's sake. It doesn't matter. The vocals are weak, apart from the lead singer. And that is exactly why you listen to a rehersal. The real voice is clear to hear because backing track is not in the sound-mix.

There now for those who get easily offended over nothing. Live performance. Same thing. Chorus falls apart vocally.

Deleted member 12761

I just saw the full performance and I think it wasn't that bad. The lead singer is actually good it's just that they struggle as a group. We Are Domi also had some issues in the pre parties but in Eurovision they were amazing. I still have hope for these girls and their Eurovision performance. They're not going to win but qualifying to the finale should be possible.

Etanna

I just saw the full performance and I think it wasn't that bad. The lead singer is actually good it's just that they struggle as a group. We Are Domi also had some issues in the pre parties but in Eurovision they were amazing. I still have hope for these girls and their Eurovision performance. They're not going to win but qualifying to the finale should be possible.
We Are Domi sounded waaaay worse at the pre-parties. I'm very relieved that the Vesna lead singer sounds ok. Hopefully they can fix the chorus with a pre-recorded track (as much as I don't like that it is allowed at Eurovision, they should take advantage of it when they can). And the choreo also didn't really work on this stage but that can be also fixed by good camera shots and some practice...

nofuxCZ

Just watched the performance and I also think it was not such a disaster as the fandom makes it out to be.
The weakest point is the vocal harmonization during the chorus - and I still think the pre-recorded vocals in ESC will help mask any possible flaws - the backing track can sometimes drown the vocals a lot. The problem in this pre-party performance was also the sound mixing as the vocals were not properly balanced, backing vocals overpowering the lead etc. They definitely have a lot to work on in this regard, but I am not too worried about it.

I am starting to get a bit worried about the staging, though. I know their outfits will be different and I can't expect them to perform their Liverpool choreo already during the pre-parties. I just hope they will not go for the "edgy/sassy" type of performance - I don't think it suits the song even though it is about female empowerement. I also hope they ditch the instruments on stage and decide to incorporate the 2 band members in a more meaningful way in their staging :)

boyardor

This Vesna's statement about yesterday's concert: Oh yeah... Tanite's microphone didn't work at the beginning, so they put her in as a moderator... she didn't even have a chance to test the microphone. And they didn't even let our voices into the headphones, so we couldn't hear each other at all. Everyone who was there saw how unprofessional the organization was, but we made it to the end.

Semra

This Vesna's statement about yesterday's concert: Oh yeah... Tanite's microphone didn't work at the beginning, so they put her in as a moderator... she didn't even have a chance to test the microphone. And they didn't even let our voices into the headphones, so we couldn't hear each other at all. Everyone who was there saw how unprofessional the organization was, but we made it to the end.

They said that or is this irony? Everyone else except them and UK did very well with the unprofessional organization. I'm actually quite sad because Czechia has been my favorite (music video) from the start. I'm not just sad because of the vocals. It's the whole stage thing... The dancing and "rocking around" to a song I fell in love with because of its haunting, almost religious feeling fairytale mystery (that was many words). Why do they do this? The most impactful thing is when they sit next to each other in the chorus. Like princesses in protest,- it's anthemic. I know this is a pre party but they're killing the whole vibe!

Top Bottom