16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
I am lost. I didn't throw Poland in the mix, you did. You claimed that televoters saved jury kills which is mostly only true for Poland. Poland's track record is so different than the other's and as a cold matter of fact or dementia I don't recall any year when Poland performed better with juries than with televoters.

And the failures of the 00's are besides the point, since Polish diaspora blew up very post-2004 and the semifinals were über-competitive. 2007 saw a bigger number of acts in the semi than in the GF which is why the semi were split.

Since the Montblanc is the tallest mountain in Europe as, Europe doesnt cross the Caucasus. But it appears to me that with the fall of the Soviet Union the European continent all of a sudden grew a lot in its size. Just delusion

Mainshow

Veteran
Who put up all the random countries on the country´s page on eurovision.tv?

They clearly could have come up with a better picture of the Charles Bridge, right?

Etanna

Who put up all the random countries on the country´s page on eurovision.tv?

They clearly could have come up with a better picture of the Charles Bridge, right?
:ROFLMAO: some of the pictures look amazing (San Marino), but us, Germany and the UK are just ridiculous

Mainshow

Veteran
:ROFLMAO: some of the pictures look amazing (San Marino), but us, Germany and the UK are just ridiculous

Have you seen the one from Australia as well?

It´s alright to go a little bit "artsy-fartsy" but dunno, I think (if they have to include images) they should have opted for better pictures of famous sights... :no:, :is: and :fi: are great as well but they both just show Nothern Lights :D

Etanna

Have you seen the one from Australia as well?

It´s alright to go a little bit "artsy-fartsy" but dunno, I think (if they have to include images) they should have opted for better pictures of famous sights... :no:, :is: and :fi: are great as well but they both just show Nothern Lights :D
aaah, I didn't even notice Australia being there :ROFLMAO: This isn't even "artsy-fartsy", it looks like pictures from a quiz on "guess the monument by a close-up picture". I'm tutoring English to little kids and we've just been doing similar excercises but with animals - a close-up of a bird's wing or a dog's tail etc.

The Northern Lights look beautiful but you're right, they could have used other concepts as well, not just a generic picture of the aurora for all the Nordics... Especially since red sky and alpenglow are also used in other countries' pictures which look quite similar as well

I bims

Veteran
Well at least I don't need to feel bad now to downgrade this song to a :5: 😬

I tried to see it more positive because I'm biased when it comes to Czechia (one of my fav Eurovision countries in recent years, sue me) and I really was looking for some song to like, cause this year overall is such a flop. And the chorus is catchy and stayed in my ear.

But man this song is so disjointed I can't listen to it. And when I heard it live I had to cringe a bit. It just wasn't giving.

I bims

Veteran
To be honest, I can understand Elina's anger over the song. It does seem quite tone-deaf in times like these to call for unity between slavic nations and I can only imagine what it feels like for someone from Ukraine – a country which is currently trying to freaking survive against another fellow slavic country.

An equivalent (reflecting my understanding) would be probably Germany invading the Netherlands during WWII, and Sweden releases a song: "Ah man, we Germanic countries should stick together, we're bros after all!" Oof...
Yes thank you! I always had the feeling that this song just feels tacky to me but I couldn't find the right words. But this describes it pretty well. The intentions are good and even if you interpret it the most favourably when it comes to the lyrics... this makes it still icky.

hijirio

Veteran
Great entry xlove
the rap part is my favorite

(Trigger alert)

Franzilein

And apparently it got too political despite us talking about the song and the artist's intentions. Come on, Mods, we didn't choose that D:

Ah well. What a strong, female empowering song I suppose! No ambiguity or figures of speech at all! xcheer

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
A reminder to our community about political discussions:
11. Political discussions are not allowed anywhere but in the Policial Forum. We are taking this very seriously and political posts made outside of that forum will be moved and will result in a warning and possible ban. Political discussions in the political forum need to be civilized and respectful. You are allowed to agree/disagree but derogatory comments towards any country will not be tolerated. If you don’t like politics please ignore that forum.

Best regards
ESC United Mod Team

Remembrance

Hmm... it does make an impact, and that can't be said for most (if any) previous Czech entries.
It sounds messy, but in a sort of pleasing and powerful way. Interesting use of multiple languages.

Good luck, Czech Republic.

Slabsson79

Hmm... it does make an impact, and that can't be said for most (if any) previous Czech entries.
It sounds messy, but in a sort of pleasing and powerful way. Interesting use of multiple languages.

Good luck, Czech Republic.
Thx. Good luck to lovely Danmark :dk:
But, come on....Aven Romale (2009) made an impact. Even a negative impact is an impact. :D

Last edited:

Fluke

This has something, definitely. The song is kinda difficult to remember, but the girls are having fun and it's the first time Czechia really sends a "ethnic" entry, that kinda looks and sounds like something from a Baltic country. I like how, intentionally or not, it looks just like an entry from the early 00s, randomly combined colorful clothes and greyed-out picture quality and all :LOL:

Curiously, it's not the only one this year either, it seems to be a trend. The chances for this making the final are so-so unfortunately, given Czechia's not-at-all-strong previous results, but i'll probably be rooting for it, somewhat.

Slabsson79

. The chances for this making the final are so-so unfortunately, given Czechia's not-at-all-strong previous results, but i'll probably be rooting for it, somewhat.
Well, Czechia/Czech Rep has qualified 3 out of 4 attempts in the last years, I would not see that as weak really.
And even if the does constitutes a break from the style Czechia has sent so far and made its 3 GF...i still would suggest this has a pretty big chance to get to the final. Am not apodictic about it though.

Top Bottom