2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

escEndre

We have had the great pleasure to talk with fantastic Vesna, that will represent Czech Republic in this years Eurovision, with the song "My Sister's Crown"! Get to know their story here! What do you think of their song and chances in this years Eurovision? 🥰

Follow our YouTube-channel for the latest interviews with the Eurovision-contestants! xheart

Bmbriga

Is there any other live versionsof this song available other than the one linked above?

Last edited:

ayzelto

It makes me feel sad I haven’t been able to connect to this song. I promise I’ve tried but it just leaves me cold. It’s not in my bottom of my top but far away to sneak into it. However, I can understand why this has so many fans, so I hope they vote for Czechia and they do not get forgotten in the televote (as usual).

Semra

We have had the great pleasure to talk with fantastic Vesna, that will represent Czech Republic in this years Eurovision, with the song "My Sister's Crown"! Get to know their story here! What do you think of their song and chances in this years Eurovision? 🥰

Follow our YouTube-channel for the latest interviews with the Eurovision-contestants! xheart

My number one this year. IF their staging can recreate the atmosphere from the music video. I'm worried about that, but no other song has brought such a mysterious, almost religious and haunting fairytale.

Most of the Eurofans like it a lot. I have no idea about the general public. It again depends on staging and live vocals.

SpiritofKeiino

It makes me feel sad I haven’t been able to connect to this song. I promise I’ve tried but it just leaves me cold. It’s not in my bottom of my top but far away to sneak into it. However, I can understand why this has so many fans, so I hope they vote for Czechia and they do not get forgotten in the televote (as usual).
I'm sort of the same as you. I neither like nor dislike it. So have no strong opinion on it yet. Maybe I'll feel differently when I see the live performance in May.

gigi_copp3

They have just a... sound issue. They should find a way to make their voices more powerful than the music.

empo21

Veteran
I like the song, but I hate the Bulgarian rap part.

I feel like their dancey, cheerful vibes during the NF didn't match the intensity of the song and if they keep that for Liverpool, they might be on thin ice.

Deleted member 12761

This feels like the shock non-qualifier candidate for me currently.
I hope they qualify. I wouldn't be surprised if Czechia withdraws if this song doesn't make it to the final. I still believe this could become Czechias best performing entry ever. The hype ia dead right now because we got many new songs but the first live performances will change the game again.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

Top. 3/5 material for me, it's a bit disjointed to reach its full potential and normally this would probably be my #1, but yeah the composition is not all there but it's still strong enough. This is Czechia's strongest entry to date and if they can sell it on stage it should do good in Eurovision (although I can see juries downgrading it). It has a good mix of modern and ethnic and the chorus is really strong and contrary to many other bi-lingual or multi-lingual entries, this one actually flows well (although I personally think the English doesn't work as well as the rest, as it never does in these type of entries, but it could still be worse so it's all right and the message goes through). I know it has gathered some criticism, but I think it's really misunderstood then, it is obviously that the lyrics is anti-ruZZia (like the metaphor of ruZZia seeing others as their "dolls" and ultimately possessions). If there is any fairness in May, Czechia should get their best position to date! It is the most Slavic entry we have this year and there isn't really anything like this.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I love the message of the song, whether it's sung to Ukraine or the peaceful Russians who don't like their dictator. It can be interpreted both ways and I'm happy with either tbh.

I can't stop humming the chorus, I'm just worried the rap part might sound like San Marino 2017 when performed live.

it's me Jenny B what you get is what you see etc.

Why don't we ever have competent female rappers in ESC? I hope Czechia 2023 or Armenia 2023 will break the curse and diss 'em all.

Bench

I didn't see the live version untill now. Quite a disappointment because the song and clip are awesome.

Really hope they can step up their game en make a creative act/staging like the part in their clip where they all sit in a row for example.

Bmbriga

I didn't see the live version untill now. Quite a disappointment because the song and clip are awesome.

Really hope they can step up their game en make a creative act/staging like the part in their clip where they all sit in a row for example.
Same here. I don't like live version at all, so I don't even know what to think until I see it on ESC stage. :confused:

Top Bottom