• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MopManMoss

Veteran
Uhh, this entry is so bad.
They are literally showing their support in the worst possible way: with a song that is very well aligned with ruzzian propaganda.
Which shows that they did like 0 research before doing this. Zero. Null. Sooo sloppy.
Calm down, people. This won't go anywhere. The hate is just starting. The main people that usually break down ruzzian propaganda in Ukraine have not yet commented on this matter. And their audience is huge. EBU, UA: PBC, ČT are going to be called out for this crap. Goodnight.
Song was literally written by a Ukrainian

A-lister

Veteran
:mad:
:mad::mad:
Yeah, go ahead. These Ukrainian "main people that usually break down ruzzian propaganda" will do Ukraine a lot of "favour" by spreading hate against a Czech entry, which no sane person can really see as RuZZian propaganda.
Well, that is a lot of harsh words. I am not sure you have done your full research, although I understand it as a first immediate reaction, and I accept that it's possible that such is the immediate reaction of many Ukrainians. So I hope the influential people you quote can make deeper research indeed and target the hate in the right direction, which is none of the institutions you mention.

We have discussed the topic of Russian propaganda alignment quite extensively here. Of course, Russian propaganda can misinterpret absolutely everything and just be happy about everyone else quarreling, but the essence of this song is the direct antithesis to what Russia is trying to achieve (abusing panslavism to put us all under their Russian umbrella), showing us Slavic people standing up against Russia as the oppressor. Which is a very necessary message these days.

This! While I do understand some of the initial reactions by some Ukrainians dismissing concepts of "Pan-Slavism" and "Slavic Unity" as "ruZZian propaganda" given the fact that ruZZia has been using these narratives to legitimize their imperialism which Ukraine is an obvious victim of, accepting these concepts as mere "ruZZian propaganda" is actually giving into and accepting the ruZZian narrative and thus accepting "ruZZian propaganda" as some sort of truth.

It is very important that Slavic people do stand united and show that unity doesn't mean being slaves under ruZZian dominance, but for this to be possible we need to own the narrative and not allow ruZZia to own this concept. So before people scream "ruZZian propaganda" think again, because if you believe that talking about Slavic unity is ruZZian propaganda, then you spread ruZZian propaganda yourselves practically acting as "useful idiots" for ruZZia.

#SlavsUnitedAgainstruZZia

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Accusing a Czech band - of all people - of Russian propaganda is beyond laughable. Do you forget whose tanks were invading Prague in 1968? Some Ukrainians should remember that they do not hold a monopoly on Slavic concepts, nor does Russia for that matter, they cannot co-opt pan-Slavism, only if you let them (and it looks like you do?). Fun fact: The first Pan-Slavic convention was held in Prague on June 2 through 16, 1848. The delegates at the Congress were specifically both anti-Austrian and anti-Russian. :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Accusing a Czech band - of all people - of Russian propaganda is beyond laughable. Do you forget whose tanks were invading Prague in 1968? Some Ukrainians should remember that they do not hold a monopoly on Slavic concepts, nor does Russia for that matter, they cannot co-opt pan-Slavism, only if you let them (and it looks like you do?). Fun fact: The first Pan-Slavic convention was held in Prague on June 2 through 16, 1848. The delegates at the Congress were specifically both anti-Austrian and anti-Russian. :lol:

Well, Hungary turned into a ruZZian puppet state even considering ruZZian troops cracked down on innocent people just wanting freedom in Budapest 1956, so things can change...

But with that said, yes you are correct. Like I wrote earlier I get why some Ukrainians react like this, but if they really give it a deeper thought they should understand that accepting ideas about Slavic unity as mere ruZZian propaganda then they are completely handing it over to ruZZia to own this concept and ultimately become indirect spokespeople for the very same propaganda.

A-lister

Veteran
Obviously it’s a touchy issue but at the very least Ukrainians need to stop claiming that the Russian member is singing in Ukrainian just look at the live performance she’s on keyboard and doesn’t even bloody sing

Also, isn't this member a Czech citizen or at least live in the country hence part of the group? I dunno much about the group so maybe someone from Czechia can confirm.

But from my understanding it's not like she was specifically flown in from Moscow just to take part in this group.

I understand that that would seem slightly odd, and while unfortunately a majority of russians support the war, we can't say that every single person of russian heritage is guilty of the same, that's just insane.

Plus the song is co-written by a Ukrainian and the russian member is not even that prominent to begin with.

Slabsson79

Also, isn't this member a Czech citizen or at least live in the country hence part of the group? I dunno much about the group so maybe someone from Czechia can confirm.

But from my understanding it's not like she was specifically flown in from Moscow just to take part in this group.

I understand that that would seem slightly odd, and while unfortunately a majority of russians support the war, we can't say that every single person of russian heritage is guilty of the same, that's just insane.

Plus the song is co-written by a Ukrainian and the russian member is not even that prominent to begin with.
That is what the outrage ignores. They point at the ONE Russian member and ignore the Czech, Slovak and Bulgarian ones. A Russian can be hardly flown in from Russia as the Czech government imposed a pretty harsh visa ban and flight traffic is possible by transit only - Turkey is the best option here, personally witnessed at Leipzig Apt.

VESNA is around since 2016 and Olesya, the Russian girl was a founding member, if I am correct. So the band is certainly not a Made-for-ESC line-up.

If it would not be as laughable as the accusations against VESNA, one could think that someone is trying to get rid of possible competition.:p But not need to counter stupid accusations with more stupid accusations.

HayashiM

Veteran

I think nofuxcz already said all there was really needed about her brother, but I have still done some more googling and stalking directly about Olesna...
  • She is a graduate (Bachelor's equivalent, more or less) of the Jaroslav Ježek Conservatory in Prague. So :cz: can definitely have at least a partial claim on her, musically speaking ;) And she is here apparently since 2015, at the very least.
  • I read somewhere she has a Czech citizenship, although I can't find a proof. However, posts on her facebook are written in flawless Czech that goes well beyond the one of, say, my classmates' from Russia when I was at University. Given she fulfills both main obstacles (the length of her stay here and command of the language) to receive our citizenship, I find it very plausible she now has it indeed.
  • Most importantly, there is this post of hers from 24. 2. 2022 immediately displaying :ua:'s flag. There's also this post from 1. 3. - "No to War". And there is this post from 6. 3. with her supporting her brother's effort of collecting money for Člověk v Tísni's (a reliable Czech NGO) mission in Ukraine.
I rest my case.

AlekS

Veteran
Accusing a Czech band - of all people - of Russian propaganda is beyond laughable. Do you forget whose tanks were invading Prague in 1968?
Implying that all Czechs are saint because of that, now that's what I call laughable :lol:

Obviously it’s a touchy issue but at the very least Ukrainians need to...
At the very least you have to stop generalizing and implying that all Ukrainans are like that.

Slabsson79

Implying that all Czechs are saint because of that, now that's what I call laughable :lol:

At the very least you have to stop generalizing and implying that all Ukrainans are like that.

No nation is made 100% of angels or devils only.
BTW: 20:29 German time...and on eurovision.tv, Czech Rep is still represented by Tuberculosis.:eek:
:ROFLMAO:

MopManMoss

Veteran

I’ve never claimed that ALL Ukrainians are saying this that would be moronic to say but just go onto any of Vesna’s social media the people that have an issue with them are all Ukrainian and a lot of this hostility seems to have come from blatant misinformation but that’s not to say there aren’t legitimate reasons for Ukrainians to have some concerns

A-lister

Veteran
While I do get Ukrainian concerns, I must say the ones attacking this entry practically using ruZZian narratives while doing so aren't doing themselves or Ukraine any favors or raise sympathies for their cause (quite the contrary), and I am saying this as a firm supporter of Ukraine (as if that wasn't obvious by now).

A-lister

Veteran
Next time watch your words please.

Sorry AlekS, but your initial reactions to this entry was also on that level. I don't need to go back and quote. I see you later on changed the tone a bit, but I wouldn't be so quick on jump on other members when you also contributed to that same narrative.

Mainshow

Veteran
Let us all breathe in. breathe out.

Let us not assume that all Ukrainians need to cool down.
Let us not assume that all artists are fascists without giving us legit proof "that they are saints".

I just wish people would take a moment, relax and just take in Vesna´s entry afterwards.
There´s not a single thing which could led to RuZZian propaganda (maybe the make-up was a bit irritating - thanks @AlekS for that explanation again - foreigners, however, might just interpret it as "pretty dolls who wants to remain/gain their independence again").

AlekS

Veteran
Nobody from this thread (except one person) said anything to a sick moron in our thread who said that my nationality has low intelligence level :sick:. So please, before talking about those Ukrainian haters judging people basing on nationality, start with yourself first. It looks especially hypocritically after sayings about "slavic unity". And you give likes to that person's posts afterwards.
I've never in 14 years on this forum felt "unity" like today :LOL:

Meanwhile, Ukrainian clubs have started playing "My Sister's Crown" :cool:xlove

A-lister

Veteran
Nobody from this thread (except one person) said anything to a sick moron in our thread who said that my nationality has low intelligence level :sick:. So please, before talking about those Ukrainian haters judging people basing on nationality, start with yourself first. It looks especially hypocritically after sayings about "slavic unity". And you give likes to that person's posts afterwards.

Not sure who you refer to, but I called out that member more than once on this forum for his pro-ruZZian and anti-Ukrainian talk so...

Hopefully more Ukrainians will jump onboard and help foster a new narrative of Slavic unity that isn't pushed by ruZZia and can see the benefits in that instead of letting ruZZia own the narrative.

HayashiM

Veteran
Sorry about that - at this point, I am basically ignoring all debate about politics playing role in :ua:'s victory, it's becoming really pointless and whenever I see anyone bashing Stefania for politics, all my votes for it just feel all the sweater in retrospect.
Anyway, I strongly condemn what the user wrote there.
Yay! :love:

Top Bottom