16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I'm always a bit surprised when local selection performances from crappy studios or bad stages are used as a measurement for what could be in Eurovision. There are few National selections with "ready packages" for Eurovision and if it's one thing we as Eurovision fans should know by now that's it, so at this stage judging the songs make most sense in cases like this for instance. Surely, if a singer is awfully bad live even in a studio setting one can question... but still

AlekS

Veteran
I like it better without certain costumes with national elements from the video (especially the pale white-yellow/blue one, with a headscarf that could be attributed to both Ukraine & Russia
YVJYVRq.gif
Tho, borshch on a plate kinda clears up the confusion).
Happy they didn't make Russian member of the band to sing "Once upon a time in a Slavic Kingdom there was love and sisterhood", I hear about "sisterhood" from Russian propaganda literally on a daily basis.
"We stand for U", okay.
I was expecting better vocals, but the audio quality sucked for everyone, anyway.

ps. I miss Vidbir and Czech representatives as interval acts there :( (the drama, and hopefully happy end, would have been epic too).

Last edited:

DanielLuis

Vesna is the only way to go for Czechia to make it to the Final, I think
I'm 100% sure that they can bring a great performance in the bigger and better Eurovision stage, the song is made for a big stage, not the backroom of a garage like the studio they shot in today.
They'll definitely be competing for the top 10 in May and honestly, at this point, that may be the only outcome that will even keep the Czech Republic interested in competing in 2024 and beyond

Mrm

Veteran
Vesna is the only way to go for Czechia to make it to the Final, I think
I'm 100% sure that they can bring a great performance in the bigger and better Eurovision stage, the song is made for a big stage, not the backroom of a garage like the studio they shot in today.
They'll definitely be competing for the top 10 in May and honestly, at this point, that may be the only outcome that will even keep the Czech Republic interested in competing in 2024 and beyond
Maybe attract Slovakia again, one member is from Slovakia...

Mrm

Veteran
I'm always a bit surprised when local selection performances from crappy studios or bad stages are used as a measurement for what could be in Eurovision. There are few National selections with "ready packages" for Eurovision and if it's one thing we as Eurovision fans should know by now that's it, so at this stage judging the songs make most sense in cases like this for instance. Surely, if a singer is awfully bad live even in a studio setting one can question... but still
Konstrakta stayed with the same performance from our NF to ESC in Turin, last year..
Btw why you didn't react to my comments in Polish and Swedish thred.. :cry:

simori95

Konstrakta stayed with the same performance from our NF to ESC in Turin, last year..
Yeah, cause the staging was awesome and the stage was decent to showcase a possible eurovision performance? Like, have you seen the shambles that was this stage in Czechia today? I was surprised they even fit the instruments on that thing. The stage was smaller than even my 4 square meter livingroom?

Etanna

I think the reason they did this "live national final", even though they did not have the budget or options to do a proper show, was to get the participants to experience performing for TV cameras. After the Benny Cristo debacle, someone from the delegation mentioned in an interview that the preparations for Eurovision with Benny were difficult in that he hadn't had much experience with this type of a performance and it was not easy to explain to him that it's primarily a TV show, not a concert for the crowd.

simori95

I think the reason they did this "live national final", even though they did not have the budget or options to do a proper show, was to get the participants to experience performing for TV cameras. After the Benny Cristo debacle, someone from the delegation mentioned in an interview that the preparations for Eurovision with Benny were difficult in that he hadn't had much experience with this type of a performance and it was not easy to explain to him that it's primarily a TV show, not a concert for the crowd.
Ok but I will still not forgive him for the many climax-like "Yeah"s, those were destroying the whole thing. He went from my Top 8 of the whole contest to clear NQ just because of those

Etanna

Ok but I will still not forgive him for the many climax-like "Yeah"s, those were destroying the whole thing. He went from my Top 8 of the whole contest to clear NQ just because of those
I have a feeling he always does this when performing live, I think it's like his signature sound or something. Or maybe he does this when he's nervous :D But I've definitely seen him do it in other performances of other songs as well.

honzak11

Btw, the replays of the performances on escz2023.com have much better audio than on the YT stream. So if you want to rewatch the performances and hear the singing better, watch there
This is so true actually! o_O Those videos have so much better quality - this made me soo much happier honestly:D

mauve

Veteran
I remember that Benny did a kind of rock version of "Omaga". This was so awesome! Tried to find it, but I didn't. Or was that version of "Kemama"? Can someone help me out? But you are right about the "yeah"s, destroyed it completely.

A-lister

Veteran

Yeah but your NF was far more elaborated than this lolz, you generally have a tradition of better national selections, Czechia does not.

I did lol

Top Bottom