You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran
How unfortunate to give 75% power to former Eurovision and national final participants who voted for "Sister" (Germany 2019) in a national final & Wiwibloggs readers :D

lol, you forgot that the televote gave them 12 points and the eurovision panel ranked them 5th (out of 7 participants)... A lot of the time televote is in the wrong - just look at Estonia and their national final...

I think the Czech Republic did the right thing with this system.

DanielLuis

They absolutely did. Unfortunately Eurovision still isn't popular enough in the Czech Republic for the NF to have a good following (not being on television certainly doesn't help either), so the more popular artists in CZ get a huge advantage on the online voting part. That's how they ended up with literally the only weak song in the 2020 line-up winning.

Slabsson79

A positive thing is that the voting will be based on performances akin to the Eurovision standard. No clips, no autotune, no pretense...I wish there would be 10+ contestants and a live final, but we have to settle for what we have.

Mainshow

Veteran
lol, you forgot that the televote gave them 12 points and the eurovision panel ranked them 5th (out of 7 participants)... A lot of the time televote is in the wrong - just look at Estonia and their national final...

I think the Czech Republic did the right thing with this system.

You are right about that, I'm afraid :D - I just need to put the blame on someone that "Sister" actually did happen.

Anyway, I still believe that NO INTERNATIONAL JURIES should be part of any national final since the winning song will represent an actual country and it should ONLY represent the taste of music of that country's citizens but I guess that's not how Eurovision works these days...

You guys should be lucky, though. 7 participants and voting on performances is a great way of hosting a NF.

We will have a somewhat national final with 3 up to 7 participants...(3 would suck big time..especially if the national final will have a running time of 3 hrs again) :D

nofuxCZ

I was bored and checked which Czech singers our HoD started following on social media in recent weeks/months
Doesn't have to mean anything, but would be cool if at least few of these were among the finalists :D I'd like to see all of them in our NF one day tbh

Dominika Hašková https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6o14RdlZ0c
Annabelle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WPN67_uSz0
Marcell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpYRF_mTaaY
Emma Smetana (could be the duet with Jordan Haj?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djXJMzMbWJU
Giudi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgL92YCwkfM
Tea Sofia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZmXqRl7d7I

I bims

Veteran
it should ONLY represent the taste of music of that country's citizens
I don't know how you can be german and really ask for this :ROFLMAO:

I'm begging for another NF that is as good as the selection for 2020. I'm still listening to most of these songs :love:

nofuxCZ

So another hint from ČT:
- Only one of the 7 finalists is a ESCZ returnee, other 6 finalists are ESCZ debutants
- 3 artists are having 1-word artist names, other 4 are having more-words names

So it's possible some of the one-word arists I mentioned above are in :D
Other possibilities for one-word names I can think of are Aiko or Daniell
Then there are a couple of well-known names like Lenny or Calin but that's highly unlikely they would send a song

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
I guess that leaves us with Mikolas Josef back and every other returnee having to wait... But I am really excited to discover who all the new names are! :)

I am also curious if we are getting any bands or duets at all, given they write about "one returning artist, the remaining six being newcomers" in Czech. Of course, on instagram in the English post they use "act", so maybe I am just reading too much into this...

nofuxCZ

Someone on the other forum posted a link to these hints - coming from a non-oficial IG account (escz.official vs the official account escz_official), the post is deleted from IG but you can still see it here https://www.picuki.com/media/2717905488095264045
No idea if it's fake but why not trying to guess :D

1. Our first artist is a pretty unknown female rap singer. She has around 5000 monthly listeners on Spotify, but she has already made it to various Czech music charts
2. Next up is a duet! A very famous Czech female icon will pair up with another extremely famous Czech male icon and together they will sing a ballad with hints of pop.
3. Our third artist is a male singer who has already represented (or at least tried to represent) us at Eurovision before. He is pretty famous in the Czech republic and in the Eurovision community.
4. The fourth singer is a famous female singer, who has won a famous Czech talent show. She has released a lot of songs since then, and rumours say she has already applied to ESCZ before!
5. Our fifth singer is an underground indie pop female singer. She has roots from Russia and she's currently living in the United Kingdom, but the Czech republic has always been her true home.
6. The next singer is a pretty famous male pop singer. He has already competed in ESCZ before, but this year his song will be completely different!
7. And finally, our last singer is an experimental indie rock female singer who hasn't released any songs before this contest. But chances are you've already seen her on your TV screens!

1. Annabelle - I would never label her as a rap singer but she was labeled as such during recent Český Slavík music awards
2. Emma Smetana & Jordan Haj
3. ?
4. Tereza Mašková
5. Aiko
6. Mikolas Josef?
7. ? - probably some actress if they say we know her from TV screens but no idea

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
Someone on the other forum posted a link to these hints - coming from a non-oficial IG account (escz.official vs the official account escz_official), the post is deleted from IG but you can still see it here https://www.picuki.com/media/2717905488095264045
No idea if it's fake but why not trying to guess :D

1. Our first artist is a pretty unknown female rap singer. She has around 5000 monthly listeners on Spotify, but she has already made it to various Czech music charts
2. Next up is a duet! A very famous Czech female icon will pair up with another extremely famous Czech male icon and together they will sing a ballad with hints of pop.
3. Our third artist is a male singer who has already represented (or at least tried to represent) us at Eurovision before. He is pretty famous in the Czech republic and in the Eurovision community.
4. The fourth singer is a famous female singer, who has won a famous Czech talent show. She has released a lot of songs since then, and rumours say she has already applied to ESCZ before!
5. Our fifth singer is an underground indie pop female singer. She has roots from Russia and she's currently living in the United Kingdom, but the Czech republic has always been her true home.
6. The next singer is a pretty famous male pop singer. He has already competed in ESCZ before, but this year his song will be completely different!
7. And finally, our last singer is an experimental indie rock female singer who hasn't released any songs before this contest. But chances are you've already seen her on your TV screens!

1. Annabelle - I would never label her as a rap singer but she was labeled as such during recent Český Slavík music awards
2. Emma Smetana & Jordan Haj
3. ?
4. Tereza Mašková
5. Aiko
6. Mikolas Josef?
7. ? - probably some actress if they say we know her from TV screens but no idea
If this is legit, it must be consistent with this morning's post about only one returning artist who'd already competed in ESCZ, and that must be singer 6. And in that case, can we think of anyone who'd comply with 3., yet didn't try his luck at ESCZ so far? It would have had to be someone's backing vocalist perhaps? Or Radek Banga :eek: :eek: :D
I think it's more probably fake, but definitely still fun to read :)

Slabsson79

It is only 6 days to go. I think the list is rather a fake as the official ESCZ FB states only one returninh artist and the upper list would make it two. Besides, the upper list lacks the "hard guitars", which were announced per hint. I would not mind any of those artist however, given, they have a competitive song.
One thins that puzzles me: Is seven a number that is set prior to the final due to organisational, budgetal constraints or is it just the number of songs, which were deemed competitive enough?

elanyvx

Only one act returns from previous years

So, Mikolas not
Benny Cristo not (after 2 consecutive years)

Maybe Lake Malawi? Or other singer from the selection ESCZ but not the winner
Or one of the internal selection: Gabriela Guncikova, Martina Barta etc

Top Bottom