You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
The changes on the ESC version are pretty subtle, similar to what Ireland did to theirs.
But I didn't like what they do to the break, seems a little unnecessary and kinda break the momentum of the song abit.
But not a big issue, the song is still good.

Now they just need to make sure the lead singer can sing on the actual ESC stage as the one performance I have seen, she sounds horrendous. And if she is going to sound the same, they are basically throwing their qualification chance away since the song is one of the best this year.

Lance Esgard

Having listened to both versions, the main difference is that the lead singer's voice has been given more backing. The are also some changes to some of the mixing and production, but it really feels like this isn't a revamp but rather a recognition that the lead singer is looking like she might need extra vocal assistance for an unedited live performance. (There was that live performance she did earlier where her live vocls just weren't there.)

Etanna

Having listened to both versions, the main difference is that the lead singer's voice has been given more backing. The are also some changes to some of the mixing and production, but it really feels like this isn't a revamp but rather a recognition that the lead singer is looking like she might need extra vocal assistance for an unedited live performance. (There was that live performance she did earlier where her live vocls just weren't there.)
I'm thinking the same thing and it makes me feel better knowing that they are aware of their weaknesses and are working on the solutions

hijirio

Veteran
The live performance in Romanian NF really elevated this for me.
I love me some fried vocals and she delivered THAT

crashworld

Veteran
Official Music Video:

A pet peeve of mine is when artists doing a music video where they don't perform/sing the song and it acts like a short film. I don't know why I just dislike such music videos. They only started singing like last 15-20 secs of the song.

Edit: The original link I have posted was removed by them due to a mistake. So included the new link.

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I have a feeling that :cz: will NQ once again.
Pretty sure it will, although I really like the song and from a neutral point of view it’s pretty decent, very radio friendly and a type of music that appeals to masses. I‘m sure 90% Europeans would not skip radio channel if this was on but the problem is, songs like this have to walk along rocky roads to have a chance. It’s simply not outstanding enough although it’s suited for Eurovision. Even I myself can’t see voting for it though it’s in my top 10 and I‘m playing the song daily. Plus the CR has little diaspora or neighbour votes, so I guess it will stick in the semi.

Schlagerman1

One of the best music vids this year, I really like it. And the new version helps a lot too. All comes down to the running order and performance, but it can qualify as a borderline qualifier with a bit of luck! :D

Iker

Veteran
Pretty sure it will, although I really like the song and from a neutral point of view it’s pretty decent, very radio friendly and a type of music that appeals to masses. I‘m sure 90% Europeans would not skip radio channel if this was on but the problem is, songs like this have to walk along rocky roads to have a chance. It’s simply not outstanding enough although it’s suited for Eurovision. Even I myself can’t see voting for it though it’s in my top 10 and I‘m playing the song daily. Plus the CR has little diaspora or neighbour votes, so I guess it will stick in the semi.
The issue is that :cz: with something 'just alright' or 'just good but not very good' may not do it. And there's a risk of a really bad live performance here on top of it.

:cz: do not start from any guaranteed points unlike some other countries like :cy: for example that will always get 12/24 from :gr: or like some other 'block countries' swapping points each year to a various degree but always rewarding some to themselves regardless whether the entry is worthy od not.

Last edited:

jatojo

I'm not a fan of the change in the chorus (the "peripheral" part has been shortened), but it's still a nice song.

Bmbriga

Love this song, and I think it will be good live, too. The Romanian NF sounded to me like she drank a bit too much backstage. It happens. I don't judge xhmmm

Slabsson79

Ok, then i guess Czech Rep should quit Eurovision again, as she will never have any diaspora or neighbour voting. So, why bother, right?

But, on a more serious note: We did not have a diaspora with Mikolas Josef or Lake Malawi and we still did qualify. NQs can always happen, but looking at the songs in Semi 2, i do not consider the chances of "We are Domi'" that grim...

It always depends on the actual performance and staging. It that "hits", I am certain it will Q.

Top Bottom