Where are you now when I miss you?
You're sailin' around in my peripheral
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobjan FR

I voted for the valentines, i see it's not a popular choice among eurofans, but anyway... I like the songs of giudi, annabelle, we are domi & skywalker too. I don't like the one of elis mraz, and i find the duet weak, in despite of the few french words :p

kamc

Really hoping By Now wins through here. It’s a stunning, melancholic duet and more in line with A Monster Like Me and Goodbye to Yesterday rather than the dreadfully cheesy ones like Say Yes Say Yes Say Yes and A Chain of Lights.

BorisBubbles

Veteran

nofuxCZ

We reviewed ESCZ! Read about it here:

Melanie – 8.5/10
“Can someone please tell me what kind of instrument the Violin Guitar is using in the live performance? It’s so confusing, but cool, ha!

Sean – 7/10
“Delicious little slice of electro-pop this, with a neat twist (gimmick?) with the violin-guitar.

To answer this , it's not really a gimmick, but a technique of playing guitar called "bowed guitar". It's nothing unusual, done many times over the decades, but actually could look great on ESC stage :)

Looren

Veteran
I just listened to the lives and wow We Are Domi is really great live, I think I might upgrade them to 10/10, would be a great winner

GIUDI remains the best tho xheart

Q Final ESC:

1) Skywalker
2) Elis Mraz
3) Giudi

Q / NQ Final ESC:

4) Annabelle
5) We Are Domi

NQ Final ESC:

6) Jordan Han & Emma Smetana
7) The Valentines

Congratulations to the Czech Republic. I enjoyed experimenting this year. For me, Skywalker have the most convincing song and interpretation. Elis Mraz great but ... typical ESC sound and her way of doing it reminds me of Destiny. Giudi has the worst song of all but the interpretation is gothic, original and unsettling. I like Annabelle's strength and the song is not bad but it is the least convincing of the top 3 in my chart. We Are Domi has one of the best sounds but it is something already listen and at times monotonous. Haj & Emma very sweet but at the ESC they would be destroyed. The Valentines… the song is nice but it's also very banal.

H.P Lovecraft says: Skywalker! The force of the Jedi will land in Turin! xmetal

I hope, it is not Anakin Skywalker, who lands in Turin.

Really, you don't want such a scenario at ESC 2022?! xpopcorn:lol:

heke1988

Really, you don't want such a scenario at ESC 2022?! xpopcorn:lol:

Nah, I don't wanna hear that bad dialogue between them:

"I have the high ground"

"You were the chosen one"

"I hate you"

etc.

Nah, I don't wanna hear that bad dialogue between them:

"I have the high ground"

"You were the chosen one"

"I hate you"

etc.
We want to experience a peaceful and loving ESC 2022 xlove:lol:

This year the Czech Republic has many interesting artists xleftIn my previous message, I mixed my preferences with what a big consensus on ESC 2022 can achieve. I summarize in a nutshell:

1) We Are Domi has the best sound but ... let's remember that ESC 2022 takes place in May next year. As I always say "This is a musical marathon". Will "Lights Off" be able to maintain the same strength after all these months and after the arrival of new entries? xthink Last year, almost similar music was "La genesi del tuo colore" (which with all due respect, I don't say because the artist is Italian, was considerably better at "Lights Off"). In my old messages I was enthusiastic about the sound and I thought it would also have made a good path to the ESC but I also said that it would be a sound that would have risked losing power over time. I am more and more convinced that Irama would not have won the ESC 2021xqueenbitch Also, let's remember, the enthusiasm of the fans for Senhit and Benny Cristo xyaaayand then... at the end of the games they were both disappointing xshrug

2) Giudi has a bad song but she manages to make up for this with a great interpretation and with a disturbing, gothic and curious style xshock1: I believe that Giudi is in possession of all the trash requirements that would make many eurofans drool xheya

3) Elis Mraz has a great song and she has a lot of energy but ... it's the typical sound we listen to every year at the ESC xcoffee... she could easily reach the final but would she be able to reach a good position in the ranking? Is Elis Mraz with her song really superior to Destiny or Elena Tasgkrinou from last year? xthink

4) Skywalker have a great song. They certainly won't win the ESC 2022 but I think their song won't lose power as the months go by xyes

5) I really like Annabelle and her song xheartI feel a lot of energy but I think that, beyond the first moments, the ESC could be able to get to the final with a lot of effort:nervous:

6-7) The Valentines + Haj & Emma (who are very sweet and non-trivial xlove) are not bad but at the ESC they would be massacred xpunish

Maybe I think more as an impresario or as a record company rather than as a fan. But it is with these arguments that the "Top 10" and prestige are reached xqueenbitch

Iker

Veteran
We want to experience a peaceful and loving ESC 2022 xlove:lol:

This year the Czech Republic has many interesting artists xleftIn my previous message, I mixed my preferences with what a big consensus on ESC 2022 can achieve. I summarize in a nutshell:

1) We Are Domi has the best sound but ... let's remember that ESC 2022 takes place in May next year. As I always say "This is a musical marathon". Will "Lights Off" be able to maintain the same strength after all these months and after the arrival of new entries? xthink Last year, almost similar music was "La genesi del tuo colore" (which with all due respect, I don't say because the artist is Italian, was considerably better at "Lights Off"). In my old messages I was enthusiastic about the sound and I thought it would also have made a good path to the ESC but I also said that it would be a sound that would have risked losing power over time. I am more and more convinced that Irama would not have won the ESC 2021xqueenbitch Also, let's remember, the enthusiasm of the fans for Senhit and Benny Cristo xyaaayand then... at the end of the games they were both disappointing xshrug

2) Giudi has a bad song but she manages to make up for this with a great interpretation and with a disturbing, gothic and curious style xshock1: I believe that Giudi is in possession of all the trash requirements that would make many eurofans drool xheya

3) Elis Mraz has a great song and she has a lot of energy but ... it's the typical sound we listen to every year at the ESC xcoffee... she could easily reach the final but would she be able to reach a good position in the ranking? Is Elis Mraz with her song really superior to Destiny or Elena Tasgkrinou from last year? xthink

4) Skywalker have a great song. They certainly won't win the ESC 2022 but I think their song won't lose power as the months go by xyes

5) I really like Annabelle and her song xheartI feel a lot of energy but I think that, beyond the first moments, the ESC could be able to get to the final with a lot of effort:nervous:

6-7) The Valentines + Haj & Emma (who are very sweet and non-trivial xlove) are not bad but at the ESC they would be massacred xpunish

Maybe I think more as an impresario or as a record company rather than as a fan. But it is with these arguments that the "Top 10" and prestige are reached xqueenbitch
I agree with you, your detailed post was interesting to read here. And I also find that The Valentines screams NQ to me. I think it has happened maybe 5 times total that something that screamed NQ to me initially actually did Q.

Last edited:

Slabsson79

Well, I think Czechia is not entering the contest to win it- This requires not only a good song, hard power, but also some kind of softpower in terms of an established ESC standing.
I think it is premature to say, that this or that song from ESCZ 2022 will Q or NQ, when we do not know the semidraws and the entries of the countries, which will share the semis with Czech Rep.

DanielLuis

Does anyone know at which hour they're going to publish the results?
Hopefully we'll get a little voting segment like in 2020, that was pretty fun.

Etanna

My favourites are Giudi and Elis Mraz then Jordan&Emma and the Skywalker. I also quite enjoyed the live version of We Are Domi. And The Valentines are very quirky and fun. So overall I'm very happy with this selection. I'm actually a bit bummed out that there's no NF on TV yet again. I really don't understand why they refuse to organize it - it would be a very easy way of livening up and modernizing the programme which is otherwise quite uninspiring and repetitious. But kudos to the delegation as they've done a really good job given the circumstances!

In the end, I voted for Giudi but I also wouldn't mind Elis winning. The others are alright but not strong enough for Eurovision and in addition, most of them are yet again the super safe & middle-of-the-road type of songs which we've been sending over and over again. I'd love to see us take a bit of a risk this time...

Top Bottom