10 6.9%

15 10.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Czech-Republic-scaled.jpg

Loindici

Veteran
Exactly, I don't get that post on FB. Praising generic, americanized style of songs and saying we have to step up our game because American Song Contest is coming and that contest will set the trends for Eurovision as well (???). I criticized him for that there but seems most people don't mind.

Their last two entries sounded very American-inspired so I think it's a normal way of thinking for them.

HayashiM

Veteran
My guess is an agreement with Tereza Maskova. What's your guess? :lol:
Head of the delegation confirmed that she submitted her song New Me for Eurovision 2019... how on Earth what this not shortlisted for the online national selection!? .

Speaking of Tereza Mašková... This popped out just yesterday :-)

I have no objections, let's send her, I think she could give us another top 10 with the right song.

Etanna

So as per the official fb page the deadline has been postponed until the 31st of July. They also announced that they had already received a lot of great songs some of which are from "old acquaintances" = artists that have already tried for Eurovision. They also write that their goal is to have the best national final in Europe.

The postponing didn't come as a surprise to me but I'm a little bit suspicious of their excitement over how many amazing songs they have already received, it feels like a bluff to me. But I am happy that they keep on showing real zest for the contest.

Preuss

I still listen to «Lie To Me»
That entry should’ve got the jury support that Lake Malawi got this year

I am excited for Czech next year, they’ve upped their game

Diego

So as per the official fb page the deadline has been postponed until the 31st of July. They also announced that they had already received a lot of great songs some of which are from "old acquaintances" = artists that have already tried for Eurovision. They also write that their goal is to have the best national final in Europe.

The postponing didn't come as a surprise to me but I'm a little bit suspicious of their excitement over how many amazing songs they have already received, it feels like a bluff to me. But I am happy that they keep on showing real zest for the contest.

I have the same impression. Jan had also said that the songs sent out for this year were great. Well, we saw that it wasn't quite that...

Loindici

Veteran
I have the same impression. Jan had also said that the songs sent out for this year were great. Well, we saw that it wasn't quite that...

For a country that had never qualified until 2016, it's 'great' to end in left side twice in a row with their selection.

nofuxCZ

So, as I am worried that some quality artists don't notice the info about our National Final submission deadline, I started contacting the artists directly.
I got some replies already, mostly saying they are too busy with other projects.

One exception is Vesna - they said they are interested and it would be a pleasure for them to represent our country. They also said they don't know anyone on the ESC team and whether I could provide them some contacts on ČT to discuss their songs, as they have already written several possible songs. xcheer

Etanna

So, as I am worried that some quality artists don't notice the info about our National Final submission deadline, I started contacting the artists directly.
I got some replies already, mostly saying they are too busy with other projects.

One exception is Vesna - they said they are interested and it would be a pleasure for them to represent our country. They also said they don't know anyone on the ESC team and whether I could provide them some contacts on ČT to discuss their songs, as they have already written several possible songs. xcheer

that's great! I love both your initiative and the band - I can't see us sanding anything traditional but it would be amazing to try. The song is beautiful.

By the way, have you noticed any promotion of the national final anywhere? I have not which worries me, as well. Unless they are actively talking to artists/producers "behind the scenes", nobody will even notice that there's a national final

nofuxCZ

that's great! I love both your initiative and the band - I can't see us sanding anything traditional but it would be amazing to try. The song is beautiful.

By the way, have you noticed any promotion of the national final anywhere? I have not which worries me, as well. Unless they are actively talking to artists/producers "behind the scenes", nobody will even notice that there's a national final

The only promotion I saw was the one on their FB page. Which is not enough imo, hence why I started contacting the artists directly and as is seen from the Vesna example, they had no idea the submission is going on, despite the fact they are interested in doing Eurovision.

HayashiM

Veteran
The only promotion I saw was the one on their FB page. Which is not enough imo, hence why I started contacting the artists directly and as is seen from the Vesna example, they had no idea the submission is going on, despite the fact they are interested in doing Eurovision.

They probably haven't done any larger promotion in the last years either and still got those hundreds of entries... So they might not actually be really interested in having substantially more publicity than they already have.

I don't particularly think this is really true or a good idea, but I think it is a possibility.

Diego

I made a video with 25 potential candidates to represent the Czech Republic next year :)

tuorem

[MENTION=16442]Diego[/MENTION] Good heavens! You didn''t include Marta & Vaclav in the thumbnail... I'm sulking xsnooty

John1

Rude :lol:

They initiated the Czech Republic's rebirth and paved the way for Gabi, so excuse you Sir :mrgreen: (your current signature is hot btw)

Ht5mQH.gif

I wish they qualified back in 2015 though, they were better than Nad*v or M*ns Z*ermel*w. They weren't that far away from making it through. xcry

(your current signature is hot btw)

I'm glad to see that you appreciate it as much as I did when I made it with my whole heart. xrose

Diego

[MENTION=16442]Diego[/MENTION] Good heavens! You didn''t include Marta & Vaclav in the thumbnail... I'm sulking xsnooty

I'm sorry haha ​​But it was on purpose. If I included Marta and Vaclav I would also have to include Kabat, Tereza and Gipsy.Cz. I preferred to put only the last four representatives.

HayashiM

Veteran
I made a video with 25 potential candidates to represent the Czech Republic next year :)

If they enter, I guess the Slza group might pull a Bilal with the young audience, they correspond the most to the bland Czech radio pop the teens seem to enjoy. The only good thing about them would be the fact that they only sing in Czech... But they have nothing to gain from Eurovision, so I don't think we have to fear this threat.

Otherwise out of all those names, there's only Katie K and Tereza Mašková whom I could see entering the Eurovision top 10 the next year. For the rest I think it would be rather hard to even make it to the finals.

My fingers will be crossed for Tereza Mašková. Or let's just bring Barbora Mochowa back! :-)

nofuxCZ

Vesna confirmed to me few days ago they officially sent a song for ESC next year :) so we have our first confirmed artist sending song.
Fingers crossed it's something good (and in Czech language!) and they get selected for the NF xpray

Top Bottom