9 6.3%

10 6.9%

15 10.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Czech-Republic-scaled.jpg

Diego

Vesna confirmed to me few days ago they officially sent a song for ESC next year :) so we have our first confirmed artist sending song.
Fingers crossed it's something good (and in Czech language!) and they get selected for the NF xpray

Great news! I love "Kytička"! Hope the song they sent is in the same style.

Mainshow

Veteran
Czech Republic keeps serving quality. I just think that we haven't seen the perfect package yet but I would love to see the Czech Republic win soon as well ;)

honzak11

Just a quick update sourced from the Czech Eurovision facebook page (written by the Czech Head of Delegation)
* The Czech song submission ended on 31 July 2019 (i.e. 3 months earlier than in 2018).
* Czech broadcaster received 152 songs in total, out of which 72 were submitted by Czech artists. In comparison with the last year, the total number of songs halved but the number of songs submitted by Czech artists increased.
* The early deadline for song submissions is reason by the desire "to have enough time and space to create the best unique music performances possible".
* 5 members of the "core" Czech ESC team will be selecting the finalists for the live national televised show on 25 January 2020. The stage architect for the national show has been selected, promising a "stylish and daring" stage.

Sammy

Veteran
Hopefully Jakub Ondra tries again. I‘m still addicted to Space Sushi.

tuorem

The stage architect for the national show has been selected, promising a "stylish and daring" stage.

I hope the lineup will be up to that standard as well. ** Czech ESC team I'm lookinatchu you better choose well ** :geek:

FRFanESC

Nice, hoping DE will take place later (early february would be perfect, I think).

Diego

An Austrian guy was hired and integrated into the production team. This guy could be Nikodem Milewski (Lie To Me's producer)? He is Polish but grew up in Austria. Or could it be Cesar Sampson? Apparently he's very close to the Czech team and has produced some songs with Albert Cerny weeks ago.

Ritararita

It's time to research, deduce and wildly speculate. So, here are my guesses who could be in a game for ESCZ 2020:

The Silver Spoons

Firstly, according to rumors they already wanted to try it last year with "He's Got My Money Now", but trouble was the song was used in some movie released before September 2018, so they couldn't. Secondly, they hearted several YouTube comments encouraging them to go to Eurovision. They are in interesting situation - I would dare to say 80-90% of Czech population knows the above mentioned song (it was constantly on radios during the first half of the year), but quite a few people know the band itself. They surely know that Eurovision could change that.

Maella

Again - she tried it last year, probably with "Crush Me". She's currently studying songwriting in London and seems to be excited about some mysterious new material she has ready for release. Fun fact: Maella is the female voice saying "I'm only a friend" in studio version of FoF.

Daniell Žižka

Practically uknown 16 year old student of Prague conservatory, who seems to be a Eurovision fan specialized on old-fashioned emotional ballads - there are videos of him singing I Stand and Arcade on his IG. Some time ago he posted a video of himself singing "Fly", Eva Burešová/Václav Noid Bárta song from ESCZ 2018. They noticed, invited him to perform with them at some gigs and from some InstaStories it looks like he was even cast in a stage musical with them. Eva Burešová also said somewhere that she wants to sing a duet with him. So, if one of the competing songs will be Daniell-Eva duet, potentially composed by Václav Noid Bárta ("Hope Never Flies"?), I won't be surprised at all.

Jordan Haj and/or Emma Smetana

They are a couple and proud parents of a daughter called Lennon. :) Sometimes they are singing together, sometimes not, but Jordan is co-author of all Emma's songs (usually with their producer Jiří Burian AKA Kapitán Demo and Jordan's cousin and videos co-director Givinar Kříž). I used to think that this whole group is probably too snobbish to care about Eurovision, but since both Emma and Jordan are following Jan Bors and ESCZ instagrams and Jordan and Givinar even directed Friend of a Friend music video, my assumption was probably wrong. With the right song, Jordan wouldn't be a bad choice, imo. Emma on the other hand is very controversial person and possibility of her winning Czech televote is probably not too high.

I Love You Honey Bunny

Everything is connected and running in circles in Czech showbusiness. Sebastian Jacques, frontman of this band, is Emma Smetana's cousin, and this year Honey Bunny were competing against The Silver Spoons for the opportunity to perform at Sziget festival. They won. I must admit that adding them on this list is more or less my wishful thinking not based on any relevant indications they would be interested. :-) I just LOVE their song Lazer Queen.

Other rumored artists are former child actress Mariana Prachařová (who is unable to sing live, so... next please), tireless trio Annabelle Fárová, Jakub Ondra and Jan Bendig, simply because they all tried in 2018 and 2019, and Marcel Procházka, frontman of currently inactive indie band No Distance Paradise, who also composed some songs for others (particularly for Debbi and himself, Adam Mišík and Lenny).

Tereza Mašková, Mikolas Josef and Thom Artway already said they are not competing this year.

Diego

According to Eurocontest.cz, the Czech team has already eliminated part of the songs sent to the national final. The site has promised to map which singers have been eliminated and which are still on the list.

nofuxCZ

The 8 NF finalists are chosen. The Czech ESC team selected a shortlist of 20 songs out of the 150.
The team is Jan Potměšil, Jan Bors, Kryštof Šámal, Cyril Hirsch and Marvin Dietmann - that's the austrian guy who became part of the core CZ team. He has been also the viewing room director at the actual Eurovision in the last few years.

The team agreed unanimously on 4 songs. For the remaining 4 slots they had 12 candidates, so they asked the singers to come to ČT at the end of August for a little "casting". The singers sang their songs, introduced themselves, the story of the song, what Eurovision means to them, how they envision their ESC performance etc. etc. All in friendly manner.

The HoD promises diverse and modern songs and the singers should be a mix of known, established faces and new comers. Now the prep work starts with hosts, directors, stage architect and the whole team. They want to prepare perfect stagings and devote as much time and service to the show and contestants as they would receive at actual Eurovision.
Looks like they take it seriously, I have a good feeling :D

nofuxCZ

Jan Bors recently started following/befriended these singers:
Olga Lounová
Markéta Konvičková
Katie Kei
Adriana Bessogonov
Viah
MiKael aka Michael Foret
EVAH

I am not saying it means anything, but last year he also befriended/started following Tomáš Boček, Barbora Mochowa, Hana Barbara and Jara Vymer at the time they selected the finalists :)

Diego

Great news! It's nice to see that Czech TV is increasingly interested in the Eurovision. Obviously, we should not expect the national final to be a big show like Melfest. By the way, I think it will be more like Eesti Laul or Australia Decides. Well, now is wait for more news :rolleyes:

John1

Only 8 songs selected to compete in this national final? xthink

As far as I can recall, their HOD stated that there would be no less than about 20 songs competing, then we're done to "only" 8 acts? I expected a national final similar to what Melfest is today, or at the very least something, which could be compared to Eesti Laul, but... well? It seems that I got these information wrong. :lol:

Top Bottom