escYOUnited

Administrator
ez-lgflag.gif

NikkiBoy

Re: CZECH REPUBLIC 2013

Come on :cz: make a return!

Jim

I think that Czech Republic will come back next year. I believe that they don't participate this year because last year Germany, a neighbor and strong country hosted the contest and they didn't participate. That's the reason I think.

GRE

I think that Czech Republic will come back next year. I believe that they don't participate this year because last year Germany, a neighbor and strong country hosted the contest and they didn't participate. That's the reason I think.
I didnt get it..Could you explain it plz?

Jim

What do you want to explain? They didn't participate last year in GERMANY that is one of the biggest and strongest countries in the world and also they are neighbors and will they participate in Azerbaijan? That's my belief of course!

NikkiBoy

Someting like in 2008 :D

nofuxCZ

I doubt that you will see us participating in 2013. It would be huge surprise.
The fact is that ESC is still ignored by the Czech broadcaster, public, media and artists as well.
I only found like 5 articles about this year's ESC. The first one was about Buranovskiye Babushki and the rest were either about Slovak participant or about reporting some controversies connected to Azerbaijan as a host country.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

I doubt that you will see us participating in 2013. It would be huge surprise.
The fact is that ESC is still ignored by the Czech broadcaster, public, media and artists as well.
I only found like 5 articles about this year's ESC. The first one was about Buranovskiye Babushki and the rest were either about Slovak participant or about reporting some controversies connected to Azerbaijan as a host country.

That's more than there normally is in the UK :lol:

If there's even a little media interest in Eurovision then who knows? Until then I guess we basically have a Czechoslovakian entry in ESC :p

Sabiondo

If the :cz: come back (Thing that i dobut) - im still hope that with Verona group :)

NikkiBoy

:cz: Czech Republic had bad songs if we look back, okay i like it in 2008, but now show us that :cz: CZECH REPUBLIC ARE BACK!

nofuxCZ

If :cz: come back think that they will have bad song again :(

Yeah, because good bands/singers don't want to take part in this :) If we look at Czech national finals in 2007 and 2008, none of the participants were big names in our music (except for Kabát and Čechomor). Most of the singers are unsuccessful former Idol contestants. The more famous and respected names who were approached by our broadcaster refused this offer of taking part in our NF.

Besides, :cz: mainstream music really sucks, all Czechs are aware of this :D Czech radios and major record labels are the ones to blame - they don't support newcomers so it's mostly all the same crappy singers who sing for decades here, not many new faces. There are so many petitions and protest-songs by some artists against this "czech radio mafia".
That's why so many independent labels were founded in recent years and the situation gets better a little bit.

And some genres are almost extinct in CZ music. There were some attempts at doing czech rnb, it ended with failure. And you would have a hard time finding some "pure pop" music here, not even talking about pop ballads.
Rock/harder forms of rock music, rap/hip-hop and folk-rock singer-songwriters are the most popular here. E.g. latest album of Tomáš Klus, released last year, has been at #1 for 23 weeks (It's still number one this week)

Sad thing is that ESC is still ignored and image of Eurovision is really bad (And that's not only because of our bad placings. Some people in this forum called us 'sore losers'. I don't think we can be sore losers if most people don't really care. And those who cared were really embarrassed after our 2008 and 2009 participations and they even called for withdrawal, 'to stop this embarrassment in front of the whole world'). It seems like it will never change.

NikkiBoy

:cz: is an Eurovision countries! :0 Come back!

nofuxCZ

I wrote an e-mail to ČT if they changed their view on ESC and if there is real possibility of our participation in 2013.
They replied very quickly:

"Dear Mr. XXX
thank you for your interest in Czech Television.
However, we are sorry to disappoint you, because we don't plan to return nor buy broadcasting rights to Eurovision Song Contest in the near future.
Best regards,

Alexander Macek
ČESKÁ TELEVIZE
Divácké centrum"

Quent91

I don't think they'll come back. Maybe in 2020 when Slovakia will finally reach the final in 2019 ?

Top Bottom