13 5.7%

61 26.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Luki

Following the narrative and history of Dora, the winner has to be either massively backed by their label (Albina, Mia) or a popular talent show participant (Kedžo, Roko, Albina). Meaning either Hana, Kedžo or Eni will win (and there is not much space for other televoting/jury winner tbh). Out of these Eni is the lesser evil.

People thinking Let 3 and Harmonija Disonance have a chance in televote has chances of equal to zero. The only time a real outsider won Dora or a similar competition was in 2003 (the big shock when Claudia beat Nina, both songs ended up being classics) and 2011 (if you count it, but no one really knew who Daria Kinzer was or knows to this date).

No one really knows what Harmonija Disonance is, they really need to work on their media presence or at least try and put out some singles out. Let 3, like I said would have been a contender between 2003 and 2007, not today (that was their fruitful era).

When it comes to jury vote, Let 3 unfortunately has even less chances as regional stations do vote according to the mentality of the region and Let 3's ideology bugs a lot of people. Jury votes in general are VERY predictable in Dora. Harmonija Disonance will be top 5 in jury along with the three aforementioned plus I would say maybe Barbara Munjas getting that Zagreb, RIjeka and Pula support.

My prediction:
TOP 5 Televote:
1. Kedžo
2. Hana
3. Harmonija Disonance
4. Let 3
5. Krešo i Kisele Kiše

TOP 5 Jury:
1. Eni
2. Kedžo
3. Barbara Munjas
4. Harmonija Disonance
5. Detour

TOP 5 Overall:
1. Kedžo
2. Hana
3. Harmonija Disonance
4. Let 3
5. Eni

Dark horse potential: Đana
This is just my opinion and prediction so chill before you jump. :D

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ That would be a horrible scenario/outcome for :hr: as a Eurovision country = no final once again.

Yazy

I would like to know how many people on this thread will bet that Harmonija Disonance will join the hall of fame.

And how many will bet that Harmonija Disonance will join the hall of pain (along with "Moli za nas", "Tower of Babylon", "Stotinama godina", "You will never break my heart" etc.)

njdevils94

Veteran
Can't see Eni who is here just for promotion winning the jury to be honest.
^^ That would be a horrible scenario/outcome for :hr: as a Eurovision country = no final once again.
Remember Croatia could end up being in a 15 song semifinal so I wouldn't say any of the favorites are hopeless just yet.

Bobjan FR

I listened to the 18 songs, when it was Nevera, after 5 second i thought "ooww that's sound amazing", and after 30 second "this banger, woaw ! " I want it !

... Everywhere i looked, people have this song first of their top ; on escdiscord, among 94 voters, 54 of them put harmonija first. They are the absolute fan favourite of this national final. Croatia SHOULD pick it. Except if they perform bad ofc.

Following the narrative and history of Dora, the winner has to be either massively backed by their label (Albina, Mia) or a popular talent show participant (Kedžo, Roko, Albina). Meaning either Hana, Kedžo or Eni will win (and there is not much space for other televoting/jury winner tbh). Out of these Eni is the lesser evil.

People thinking Let 3 and Harmonija Disonance have a chance in televote has chances of equal to zero. The only time a real outsider won Dora or a similar competition was in 2003 (the big shock when Claudia beat Nina, both songs ended up being classics) and 2011 (if you count it, but no one really knew who Daria Kinzer was or knows to this date).

No one really knows what Harmonija Disonance is, they really need to work on their media presence or at least try and put out some singles out. Let 3, like I said would have been a contender between 2003 and 2007, not today (that was their fruitful era).

When it comes to jury vote, Let 3 unfortunately has even less chances as regional stations do vote according to the mentality of the region and Let 3's ideology bugs a lot of people. Jury votes in general are VERY predictable in Dora. Harmonija Disonance will be top 5 in jury along with the three aforementioned plus I would say maybe Barbara Munjas getting that Zagreb, RIjeka and Pula support.

My prediction:
TOP 5 Televote:
1. Kedžo
2. Hana
3. Harmonija Disonance
4. Let 3
5. Krešo i Kisele Kiše

TOP 5 Jury:
1. Eni
2. Kedžo
3. Barbara Munjas
4. Harmonija Disonance
5. Detour

TOP 5 Overall:
1. Kedžo
2. Hana
3. Harmonija Disonance
4. Let 3
5. Eni

Dark horse potential: Đana
This is just my opinion and prediction so chill before you jump. :D

So you claim that Let3 and Harmonija Disonance stand no chance because there's no major label behind them and they wouldn't do well with CRO televote.

Let's fact check that.

1. Let 3 - signed by Dallas Records for 16 yrs, most influential producer after Croatia Records.

Most awarded domestic band by Croatian Discographic Union.

2. Harmonija Disonance - ensemble created by former employees of Croatia Records, University of Zagreb Music Academy, Zagreb Jazz Qaurtet, registered with their own label, which competes with a video made by Croatian Tourist Board.

Not only that discographers stand behind it, not only that professional juries will stand behind it, but politics will also support this.

3. And the public / televote.

Let's see which ones out of 18 Dora entries are trending today on YouTube.

1. Let 3 Mama ŠČ #6 [by the end of this post they came to #3!]

2. Harmonija Disonance Nevera #9 [by the end of this post they came to #4!]

3. Damir Kedžo #18

Any other entry? No!

So, for someone who poses as an "expert" on Croatian discography and their interests net or an expert for public preferences, you should at least check some basic facts before sharing your wisdom with us.

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Btw The Splitter's song melody reminds me of another song which is quite old I think, but I can't put my finger on which one

randajad

Veteran
I listened to a short snippet of Kedžo's song and it's garbage, however on the other hand I listened to Harmonija Disonance and I stan. Hard stan. I have heard of them before, but this is beyond my expectations.

Also "oj ej Neretvo zaboravi more" xheat Hercegovina is typing... :lol:

Croatia don't suck challenge successful? Maybe , I'll decide after I listen to other's later.

Luki

So you claim that Let3 and Harmonija Disonance stand no chance because there's no major label behind them and they wouldn't do well with CRO televote.

Let's fact check that.

1. Let 3 - signed by Dallas Records for 16 yrs, most influential producer after Croatia Records.

Most awarded domestic band by Croatian Discographic Union.

2. Harmonija Disonance - ensemble created by former employees of Croatia Records, University of Zagreb Music Academy, Zagreb Jazz Qaurtet, registered with their own label, which competes with a video made by Croatian Tourist Board.

Not only that discographs stand behind it, not only that professional juries will stand behind it, but politics will also support this.

3. And the public / televote.

Let's see which ones out of 18 Dora entries are trending today on YouTube.

1. Let 3 Mama ŠČ #6 [by the end of this post they came to #3!]

2. Harmonija Disonance Nevera #9 [by the end of this post they came to #4!]

3. Damir Kedžo #18

Any other entry? No!

So, for someone who poses as an "expert" on Croatian discography and their interests net or an expert for public preferences, you should at least check some basic facts before sharing your wisdom with us.
Never said I am an expert on Croatian discography. If you only understood what I meant.
1. Let 3 is not a relevant or new name anymore, they have been on de facto hiatus since 2016 and their releases since Bombardiranje Srbije i Čačka went under the radar for most. The amount of views they garnered is mainly due to shock value and the fact that they entered Dora (which is shocking in itself). However a plus for them is Prlja participating in Zvijezde pjevaju last season. Croatian entrants rely much on the sponsors and in all honesty I don't see many sticking to Let 3. FACT is that audience in Dora is composed by in front row sponsors and politicians and common people on the stands (probably the only NF that has this combination of audience). During early Dora days in Opatija it was only sponsors and politicians.

2. Not only that discographs stand behind it, not only that professional juries will stand behind it, but politics will also support this.

I myself am a freelance worker in cultural and creative sector and would first hand know that is far from true. I personally know some of the team behind Nevera and wouldn't say they have that much influence, they are in fact young. Let me remind you that they were not even selected as reserve entry last year. I see their inclusion this year as a result of backlash against HRT from ESC fandom for that.

3. That is true, but Youtube does not include more than 3 videos from the same channel in trending.

When I say the above mentioned acts are backed by their labels, they are usually young up-and-coming artists that fit the mold of social media influencers and aim for a younger audience.

Furthermore, no need to FACT CHECK anything, I stated the facts that have proof in Dora history and as I said that is how I see it and that is my prediction, it is not set in stone nor is it here to proclaim myself a know-it-all. But in fact I do know a lot.

I am not saying Kedžo WILL win, I just think it is all pointing towards it. Hana and Harmonija Disonance are close second and third.
I will kindly suggest you to come forth with a nicely articulated case from your side in an argument without any childish ironic name calling. For most part it doesn't help me to understand or accept your ill-informed point of view and ill-intentioned presentation. In other words grow up.

I listened to a short snippet of Kedžo's song and it's garbage, however on the other hand I listened to Harmonija Disonance and I stan. Hard stan. I have heard of them before, but this is beyond my expectations.

Also "oj ej Neretvo zaboravi more" xheat Hercegovina is typing... :lol:

Croatia don't suck challenge successful? Maybe , I'll decide after I listen to other's later.

My Armagedon Nona 🤣 from Neretva banks sends her blessings 💛💙

Top Bottom