13 5.7%

13 5.7%

61 26.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leaving here translation of Let3 MAMA ŠČ with corresponding images that clarify everything:

MAMA LOVED A MORON
ŠČ
MAMA LOVED A MORON
ŠČ
AND AN ARMAGEDON NANNY

THAT SHORT PSYCHOPATH

SHORT VILE PSYCHOPATH

A CROCODILE PSYCHOPATH

MAMA, I'M GOING TO WAR

And here you have a short VILE CROCODILE PSYCHOPATH that sends people to war 🤣🤣🤣

Putin-1.jpg

CALLING FOR LET3 20X TIMES FROM 20 DIFFERENT PHONES 😍🤣🤣🤣😍🤣🤣🤣😍🤣🤣🤣😍🤣🤣 @AlekS @Bmbriga

Last edited:

Koori

Harmonija disonance sounds great 🥳 it’s captivating, it’s different, it remains in my head (at least for now). Could be a contender for a Dora-win.

Quite the opposite, they never choose anything good and ethnic through Dora lately, so better pick something bland \ boring \ generic and this would most probably be the winner. Damir for example xqueenbitch

Yazy

I.....cannot......for the life of me believe.......that I am saying this.........

..........Let 3 just grew on me. Like....immensely!

And I HATED it on the first listen!
I could barely endure it (maybe because I was not home and was listening with inferior headphones).

Granted I still need to see the live and I am not really sure how well it is going to get received by the foreign audience.

I mean, even with Konstrakta it took one hell of an aggressive marketing and convincing for fans to finally start appreciating it.

We´ll see. We´ll see.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Quick thoughts on the rest of the line up:

Harmonia Disonance is decent but I see it as more of a safe/predictable sort of alternative choice.

Damir Kedžo is okay. Not nearly as bad as some people consider it (yea I said it). That being said, the song feels so artificial. It has "I was created for purpose of competing at Eurovision" written ALL OVER IT!
Kinda reminds me of some stuff that Malta tends to do (I apologize about throwing shade like that).

I don´t mind it but I sure as hell don´t want it to win! (its totally gonna win tho 😔).

The rest of the songs..............ehh. They exist, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Looren

Veteran
There I go :

1. Harmonija Disonance - Nevera
2. The Splitters - Lost and Found

3. Hana Masic - Nesreca

4. Damir Kedzo - Angels and Demons
5. Dana - Free Fallin'
6. Meri Andrakovic - Bye Bye Blonde
7. Yogi - Love At First Sight
8. Martha May - Distance

9. Patricia Gasparini - I Will Wait
10. Barbara Munjas - Putem Snova
11. Eni Jurisic - Kreni Dalje

12. Maja Grgic - I Still Live
13. Boris Stok - Grijeh
14. Let 3 - Mama SC
15. Top Of Pop & Mario 5rekovic - Putovanje

16. Taja Belina - Dom

17. Detour - Master Blaster

18. Kreso i kesele kise - Kme kme

mauve

Veteran
This section is quite underwhelming ... I expected more. There are two songs I really like:

The Splitters - Lost and Found
Harmonija disonance - Nevera (Lei, lei).

Two other songs I still like are:
Martha May - Distance
Hana Mašić - Nesreća

But we all know that Harmonija disonance will make it in the end (I think).

@Looren Same top 2 ;)

Phoenix

What a DREARY bunch this is, no? I only remember that one song that starts with "kolektivno fukanje" or smth and then that's the only thing I remember about it.

FabiESC

01 Hana Mašić – Nesreća 10/10
02 Let 3 – Mama šč! 9/10
03 Detour – Master Blaster 8/10
04 Meri Andraković – Bye Bye Blonde 7/10
05 Harmonija Disonance – Nevera (Lei, lei) 5/10
06 Damir Kedžo – Angels and Demons 4/10
07 Top of the Pops ft. Mario 5reković – Putovanje 4/10
08 Eni Jurišić – Kreni dalje 4/10
09 Krešo I Kisele Kiše – “Kme kme 4/10
10 The Splitters – Lost and Found 3/10
11 Tajana Belina – Dom 2/10
12Đana – Free Fallin 2/10
13 Patricia Gasparini – I Will Wait 2/10
14 Boris Štok – Grijeh 2/10
15 Barbara Munjas – Putem snova 1/10
16 Martha May – Distance 1/10
17 Maja Grgić – I Still Live 1/10
18 Yogi – Love at First Sight 0/10

Not even a handful of good Songs, Hana's Song is a amazing Balkan ballad, miss this times when the balkan send songs like this. Let 3 reallly entertain me, this song is so cool, i don't know if this can work in live, we will see. Detour & Meri has good songs, but the rest is forgettable, maybe this Go_A copy Harmonija Disonance could grow on me. Sad to see how this nf is so amateurish.

simori95

My favorites have to be Harmonija disonance, Hana and Dana. They’re not the best I‘ve ever heard from Croatia, but I do like them. Damir could also be for me if he did a complete revamp of the instrumental, just as it is now, it’s too disjointed. Let 3 has a strange appeal that I can’t quite place yet. Bye bye blondes is decent, the rest wasn‘t really for me.

aef

I guess it will be a race between LET 3 and Harmonija? Well I finally wanted something modern and edgy for :hr: but we can only work with the material we got :ROFLMAO: Mama SC is such a dreadful song :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I absolutely hated it after the first listening, after the second try I thought that I got the spirit for a second but no, this doesn't work for me hahah. It's a mid-2000s joke entry in such an unpleasant way. It feels like the baby of :ba: 2008 and :md: 2022.

:rs: 2022 was more edgy, more modern. I wouldn't compare this to Mama SC.

I actually don't mind Harmonija. The song is serving nice ethnic vibes but somehow there isn't much song progression going on...

So, PUTINg my fascination with Let3 aside, let's rate them all fairly and squarely, by Dora YT channel running order.

1. Let 3 Mama ŠČ - 8/10

One of the best 3 songs, anti war, Putin-trolling, Baba Vanga references (Armagedon Nanny), video from old Soviet times female organized harvests with an idiot son or husband on tractor directing them, as in Russia today. 🤣

But nothing pretentious there, just some Let3 ironic funny mockery.

Great production, great music.

Minus: intro is too long, without some English translation will be confusing for the ESC bubble or an average (uninformed) listener.

Anyway, with great staging that Let3 always has got, literally always regardless of where they perform, this could actually finally qualify for the GF.

2. Boris Štok Grijeh - 2/10

What a waste of a great vocal accompanied by the most boring repetitive melody leading nowhere. Shouldn't have been selected for competition at all.

3. Androković Bye Bye Blonde - 3/10

Sounds like old Electro Team songs from the 90's when Vanna used to be their vocal. I think Croats know Electro Team did it better. Poor melody, cheesy lyrics.

4. Krešo and KK Kme Kme - 5/10

For Croats and former YU this will be hillarious song as the lyrics describe our mentality.

Melodically it's also a proper punk song that I haven't heard for a decade or so. However it is too repetitive and too simple even for punk rock standards. I respect the effort and that's all.

5. Đana Free Fallin' - 6/10

Well produced, but dated and unimpressive. Great opener to be forgotten, like Czech R. last year.

6. Detour Master Blaster - 7/10

Everything is in fact great about this song, very smart and versatile production.

But huge minus are flat vocals on the verses. They kill my interest for the song quickly and thus this wouldn't do well in the ESC's running order.

7. Top of the pops Putovanje - ZER0 [no need to explain really]

8. Hana Mašić Nesreća - 3/10

A very uninspiring very boring Balkan ballad we have been listening here for decades and we are fed up with this. The lyrics are not worth translating, they are that meaningless.

9. Eni Jurišić Kreni Dalje - REFUSE TO RATE

Why? Because this is a song she knows would do great on Croatian radio channels and that is what she aims for, she actually didn't come to compete so she could go to the ESC. Therefore she doesn't deserve to be rated.

10. Martha May Distance 2/10

I'm embarrased listening to the lyrics and that's enough.

11. Maja Grgić I still whatever the title - ZERO

I had to make some coffee at 11:30 PM to survive this. This shouldn't have been selected for competition as well.

12. Harmonija Disonance Nevera Lei Lei - 9/10

Everything is literally AMAZING. It's different from all ethnic entries we have had on the ESC stage thus far.

Melodically and in terms of vocal techniques has nothing to do with Ukrainian entries nor Tanxugerias or whomever people want to compare this entry to. It's unique.

I do fear their staging though, so that's why they are not 10/10.

13. Patrizia Gašparini I will wait - 3/10

A song that has been collecting dust for years in some singer's drawer and was eventually ditched. Non-event.

14. Barbara Munjas Putem snova - 6/10

Starts with a great intro and then - anticlimax - melodic and vocal shift in the chorus kills the vibe. It's great production and singing, but it lacks a natural flow that a song competing in the ESC's running order must have. Cool, but not impressive. Next.

15. Yogi and whatever the song's title is - ZERO

That was a second esspresso in 30 minutes. Tornike, you found yourself a partner for duet 🤣

16. Kedžo "the bubble's fav pet boy" - 5/10

It's decent. Nothing else. Something like Belgium last year or any ESC entry over past 10 years produced in Sweden or UK.

I bet on him having the cheesiest staging ever over already cheesy lyrics.

17. Tiana Dom - 7.5/10

This is actually like Detour in terms of quality, but with better flow and vocals.

However it could lack character to stand out from many other entries on the ESC stage.

18. The Splitters Lost and Found - 2/10

A decent song, but an intellectually lazy attempt to recreate some modern times Beatles or Paul McCartney. It's an insult to the legends. Byegones.

Western Europe would be a sucker for this though. 🤣🤣

Summa summarum.

As expected, the best Dora has got to offer are Harmonija Disonance, Let3 and Detour.

Nice surprise: Tiana with Dom

Biggest disappointment: Kedžo

Winner: HARMONIJA DISONANCE
Runner-up: the legends Let3 of course

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
For whatever reason I always get interested in see what Dora has to offer. You've had some real good songs on offer for don't always pick correctly.

I died and was reborn [10] 🙌 🥺 🔥 🥵
-

Oo ok, I really quite like these a lot [8-9] 🌟
Hana Mašić - Nesreća 8
Harmonija disonance - Nevera (Lei, lei) 8

Average, kinda like them [6-7] 🙂
Damir Kedžo - Angels and Demons 7
Patricia Gasparini - I Will Wait 6
Martha May - Distance 6
Đana - Free Fallin' 6

Eh [4-5] 😶
Eni Jurišić - Kreni dalje 5
Meri Andrakovic - Bye Bye Blonde 5
Top of the Pop ft. Mario 5reković - Putovanje 4
Barbara Munjas - Putem snova 4

Not the tea [3-2] 😒
Tajana Belina - Dom 3
Detour - Master blaster 2
Maja Grgić - I Still Live 2
The Splitters - Lost and Found 2

Pooja, What is this behaviour? [1] 🤢
Boris Štok - Grijeh 1
Krešo i kisele kiše - Kme kme 1
LET 3 - Mama ŠČ! 1
Yogi - Love at First Sight 1

Gurl idk what some of you listened to, but this NF is hitting FdC levels of tragic. This could have easily been half its size and been far better. There is some good songs, Hana has a really nice song that I like a lot and Nevera is good also, either would be ideal from this line up. The rest are non events or just bad. Now after suffering through that line up, i'm gonna go enjoy one super elite Dora hit:

Seriously?? wheres the actually proper good bop.

lasse braun

after hearing all 18 songs twice this is my favorite (not for the win but for my ears).
xqueenbitch
also interesting songs are:
KME KME – KREŠO I KISELE KIŠE
MAMA ŠČ! – LET 3
NEVERA (LEI,LEI) – HARMONIJA DISONANCE
PUTEM SNOVA – BARBARA MUNJAS

Top Bottom