Contact us

Clashes between WLSC and NSC

Liam

I've never had any problems with this issue, but on behalf of those who have, some drama is happening on MSN and the forum between WLers and NSCers over "stealing" entries and even withdrawals - since no one else will, I think as a neutral, unbiased member here I should open this thread. I won't go into detail or name names but it is beginning to annoy many contest members on both the WL and roster.

Let me give you some background information on the WLSC - when I suggested the idea, opened the poll and it was approved, it was made clear that there'd be no affiliation between the Nation Song Contest and the Waiting List Song Contest. NSC entries would be allowed to be used in WLSC and WLSC entries could be sent to NSC so just to clear it up, no one is breaking the rules or 'stealing' a song by sending it to either of the contests.

So I don't see why people are making unnecessary drama. You cannot blame NSC countries with full membership for sending an entry and then boycott them as you wanted to send it too... work your way up the Waiting List first!

Furthermore, I want to make it clear that I'm not taking sides here. YES it is disappointing if an entry you planned to send is sent by someone else however you must be respectful of the nation who sent it as they share your taste. From the other side it's also disappointing if you are victimised or boycotted for sending a song you love when you simply got there first. There needs to be some order and a level of respect between WLSC members and NSC members from both perspectives... WLSC members need more respect - of course they aren't yet one of the 60 roster countries but they are politely waiting and are human beings after all. Also, NSCers need more respect having earned their place on the roster by waiting.

There is no way to fix this issue apart from discussing it - of course it has been suggested that there'd be a private forum for WLSC but that'd segregate the groups and there'd be no interaction between WLers and NSCers. The only thing we can do is realise we need to respect each other and to get that respect ourselves, we must possess a certain level of maturity by being respectful to others.

I'm in no position to warn anyone or tell people what to do, but this is an issue I felt needed to be addressed - I hope no one feels any negativity towards me for this, and certainly not singled out as I haven't mentioned names.

Happy NSCing!

Last edited:

doctormalisimo

*reads several times to make sure I properly understand this* I dont see the WLSC as some monster trying to devour NSC, but I'm aware some people do see it like that. I see it, and even when I was in it I saw it as, a side project, just to fill up time until you reach the main roster. Certainly in my case it was never a main priority, my main priority was making sure I voted in the finals so I wouldnt fall down the list - I'm sure many WLers feel the exact same way. It has no continuity with NSC, it has no "formalness" about it, it's not something that will be apart of official NSC history, it's just some way of passing time and discovering music. And I think it has helped make some WLers more active and passionate about NSC than if there was no WLSC, as most of them would be obscure strangers before they join the roster. So in conclusion: it's harmless, although I do see where some people are coming from saying that it almost competing with NSC. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
*changes colour to pink and adds smiley faces so this doesnt look like a rant, so people wont read it in an angry voice*

Last edited:

Salmon

Right. WLSC and NSC are no concurrence to each other. Guys, live with it. If you can't, go to FSC. :evil:

Paper7

I'm not really sure, if i understand the problem, but: I have no problem if a song, i would send was send by another person to NSC, no... in opposite i like it. So i hear one more good song in NSC which i can give points to. :D

And i dont think it's a problem, when a song is sended to NSC and WLSC... not much of the NSC look up to the WLSC, this way it should be no great problem. And the other way (NSC -> WLSC): i won't damn anyone for a song, which already was in WLSC.

Megasalt

I don't really get it either, but if a WLer is angry because a potential future NSC entry is being taken by someone in the main contest, then I think it's just silly. It's nothing personal and you should think about it like this (instead of boycotting that nation):
"Oh, this NSC guy just sent that cool song I was going to send. (in a few months when I have reached NSC) I shall praise his awesome taste and give him some points in the reju. I'm glad the NSC community heard that song. Now I can send the other one I had in mind, and I will probably recieve high points from this guy since he seems to like this genre, wohoo :mrgreen:"

Jeffie

I don't really get it either, but if a WLer is angry because a potential future NSC entry is being taken by someone in the main contest, then I think it's just silly. It's nothing personal and you should think about it like this (instead of boycotting that nation):
"Oh, this NSC guy just sent that cool song I was going to send. (in a few months when I have reached NSC) I shall praise his awesome taste and give him some points in the reju. I'm glad the NSC community heard that song. Now I can send the other one I had in mind, and I will probably recieve high points from this guy since he seems to like this genre, wohoo :mrgreen:"

xyeah - I can only agree :)

Luki

K, first of all...what I wrote in Sunland and Doire thread was nothing but sarcastic comments, but of course I'm angry a bit, but it's not a big deal. Since I've been on the WL waiting to get into the main roster there were about 20 songs that I had in mind...and I didn't argue about it. Secondly in my humble opinion it would be essential if there was a rule for banning WLSC nations of sending songs that were previously on the NSC (I did send one previously used song, and I'm aware of what I'm trying to say). Just remember the Jar of Hearts winning the WLSC and suddenly everyone called Eterland for copying it, or Sunoria sending the Mr.Saxobeat when everybody made some silly comments about it. There has been so much negativity and accusations against the WLSC nations, the whole 'WL nations are taking over' was just unnecessary. There are plenty of reasons why I want to quit, but then again; I waited for 6 months and I'm planning to stay here.

Grinch

This huge problem could have been solved if the music history had more than only 30 songs :( Oh, wait...

spiluke

Since I don't really follow WLSC or any other spin-off lately, from what Liam said, he made a fair and correct argument. Cheers to that. :)

94ayd

Yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of other songs to send if one of yours has already got sent by a NSC nation, in fact, isn't it boring sending the same one you've already sent to WLSC (there are cases where you haven't and then you should be even less angry cause there's no way the nation could know you liked that song and wanted to send it to NSC). On the other hand, NSCers shouldn't feel offended if one of their entries is entered to WLSC, they should even feel honoured. If that's a past winner, why not, the WLSC probably didn't even know it was in NSC and how well it did and even if they did, why wouldn't they want to share the beautiful music or even try and winning with it. Conclusion: make peace and love and get over it. :lol:

lowyby

K, first of all...what I wrote in Sunland and Doire thread was nothing but sarcastic comments, but of course I'm angry a bit, but it's not a big deal. Since I've been on the WL waiting to get into the main roster there were about 20 songs that I had in mind...and I didn't argue about it. Secondly in my humble opinion it would be essential if there was a rule for banning WLSC nations of sending songs that were previously on the NSC (I did send one previously used song, and I'm aware of what I'm trying to say). Just remember the Jar of Hearts winning the WLSC and suddenly everyone called Eterland for copying it, or Sunoria sending the Mr.Saxobeat when everybody made some silly comments about it. There has been so much negativity and accusations against the WLSC nations, the whole 'WL nations are taking over' was just unnecessary. There are plenty of reasons why I want to quit, but then again; I waited for 6 months and I'm planning to stay here.

You also remember when I sent Valged öod ;d?

Canuck

lollers @ this topic. good thing there's an infinite amount of songs for us to pick, lots of those which sound exactly like the one that someone else would wanna send (especially songs that sound like mr. saxobeat :lol:)

spiluke

Oh and another thing, can the WLSC and all it's related topics be moved to the private NSC forum or something? It's getting too overcrowded seeing like 50 topics active at once.

Liam

Oh and another thing, can the WLSC and all it's related topics be moved to the private NSC forum or something? It's getting too overcrowded seeing like 50 topics active at once.

Yes I'd like that, but not private or anything as I think it's nice for NSCers to see them too.

Salmon

^ WLSCers are not able to see that private forum, are they? At least I don't have "permission to access this page" after clicking on the link. :?

Top Bottom