Contact us

China May Debut in ESC 2016!!

A-lister

Veteran
I have no opposition to one Wildcard slot every year for a non-European entry but I don't think they should all be allowed stay forever but you know they're going to try and have Australia be a permanent addition.

They opened "Pandora's Box" with the promise to Australia and the destruction of ESC... they won't be able to argue against other countries then if they actually will permanent Australia in ESC...

I really hope they come to their senses and stick to the anniversary promise, otherwise we'll soon have Worldvision sneaked upon us and Eurovision will be long gone...

DanielLuis

They opened "Pandora's Box" with the promise to Australia and the destruction of ESC... they won't be able to argue against other countries then if they actually will permanent Australia in ESC...

I really hope they come to their senses and stick to the anniversary promise, otherwise we'll soon have Worldvision sneaked upon us and Eurovision will be long gone...

They can use an argument for keeping Australia, and that is that they have been very devoted to and have broadcasted Eurovision in a main channel for over 30 years. That can't be said about China or any other country.

A-lister

Veteran
They can use an argument for keeping Australia, and that is that they have been very devoted to and have broadcasted Eurovision in a main channel for over 30 years. That can't be said about China or any other country.

Why are we now making excuses for EBU lying to us all?? They will always use some argument...

Just the other year they didn't accept countries based on the "Broadcasting Union Area" which was always a rule and suddenly abolished only because of Australia...

Sorry but while I "get" the argument I don't buy it and as long as people accept their sneaky ways they will probably sneak in more countries the back-door...

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Why are we now making excuses for EBU lying to us all?? They will always use some argument...

Just the other year they didn't accept countries based on the "Broadcasting Union Area" which was always a rule and suddenly abolished only because of Australia...

Sorry but while I "get" the argument I don't buy it and as long as people accept their sneaky ways they will probably sneak in more countries the back-door...

This pisses me even more knowing that :kz: got rejected in the past yet precious Australia didn't even had to put too much effort :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
This pisses me even more knowing that :kz: got rejected in the past yet precious Australia didn't even had to put too much effort :lol:

It's because Australia is an English speaking country in the Anglo-Western "realm"... apparently being as far as possible from Europe geographically suddenly isn't a problem eventhough it's been used as an argument against others (even countries like :kz: who actually is partly geographically European like Russia, Turkey and the Caucasian countries).

revallsay

For me it would be unfair if China was allowed to participate. Australia has been boradcasting Eurovision for ages and was invited to take part just this year. China started showing the show on its tv this year.

Quent91

imagine how much money it would make for the EBU if hundreds of million people from only one country voted by phone :eek:

Money is the new religion

Sabiondo

For me it would be unfair if China was allowed to participate. Australia has been boradcasting Eurovision for ages and was invited to take part just this year. China started showing the show on its tv this year.

China have since 2012 Broadcasting ESC ;)

JackBauer

Oh come on. I really believe that all those juries and contest expansion are totally unilateral decisions from the EBU.

esc87fan

Haverdge

This is absolutely ridiculous. China competing would be an absolute farse. How about the EBU try to focus on getting all of the withdrawn countries back and keep them in instead of trying to ship ESC to places it doesn't really belong?

DannyDS

This is absolutely ridiculous. China competing would be an absolute farse. How about the EBU try to focus on getting all of the withdrawn countries back and keep them in instead of trying to ship ESC to places it doesn't really belong?

Eurovision is open for anyone.

hawadharma

What I suggest,
Is for another major broadcasting union (be it from Asia / America / Africa) to organise a separate contest
Which does not identify its contestant with any geographical limitation - it will be open to all countries around the globe regardless

BUT Eurovision countries will not be allowed to join
Only the winner will be invited to compete as 'EUROPE' representative

:lol:

zoyuxi

What I suggest,
Is for another major broadcasting union (be it from Asia / America / Africa) to organise a separate contest
Which does not identify its contestant with any geographical limitation - it will be open to all countries around the globe regardless

BUT Eurovision countries will not be allowed to join
Only the winner will be invited to compete as 'EUROPE' representative

:lol:

Hmmm...interesting concept...

musicfan

Some qualifying competition? They had that in the 90s for Eastern Europe but eventually let them in. Not sure if many places now would want to have to do a whole qualifying event first.

Top Bottom