21 11.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
Gala's song is fucking beautiful, I would looooove to see this represent us in Eurovision 😍

ayzelto

I didn't like any of Gala's songs at all. I think if Belgium makes the mistake of choosing her for Eurovision, she will be a clear NQ.

MS.

I wasn't expecting this. I loved the beginning but the 2nd verse is very weird to my taste.
I guess i am definitely Team Cherine then.

lasse braun

Gala Dragot - Emotion Ollie 1,5/10​

Gala Dragot - T'inquiète 1/10​

both songs are boring,maybe juryfood.
xqueenbitch

Looren

Veteran
and i hold the opposite opinion. i think she's an easy NQ in the semi lol :3

it's ALL televote, after all.

I actually think it can go either way, I feel like with semi televote it could end around 7-12th place

So yeah it can NQ but if it qualifies I feel like the juries will love it and we might finish something like top 15 overall, maybe even better

simori95

I think a lot of people will dislike it, but also some will find it exceptional. The question will be how large that second number will be. I remember everyone in my peers (including older people) hating Salvador Sobral, yet it won. So I would classify both him as well as Gala as a marmite situation (no, I don’t want to put Gala and Salvador on the same level, just attribute the same effect mechanism to them. Doesn’t mean the amount of people liking her will be as big as with Salvador). You either love or hate it.

So, I was sure Salvador would stay in the semis and I was wrong, just as I am sure Gala could do well in Eurovision and I could be wrong. I guess we have to wait and see how she ends up doing in the Eurosong.

Ajeje Brazorf

So, the situation for me right now:

Loredana: I find her two songs very basic, not bad songs at all, but really basic. But fortunately I prefer You lift me up to I dream in colours, so her choice was actually good. She won't win this strong selection, she knows it, but at least she will sing her best option in the Final.

Prediction: 6th place in Eurosong
In my ranking: 7th place

Chérine: the ultimate surprising artist of the year, imo. I love Ca m'ennuie pas to bits and I also like very much Mon Étoile. Ca m'ennuie pas is an earworm, something that really stays stuck in your head and never goes away. I found myself singing that chorus several times a day and was the right choice in the end. She definitely has a chance of flying her flag in Liverpool, but I'm ready to be disappointed by the final results.

Prediction: 3rd in Eurosong
In my ranking: WINNER

Ameerah: I like the Carnival, it's not something incredible but it's a solid song with a good performance overall. Love the whistling part, but maybe the chorus could have been more powerful. But it is a lot better than Armageddon, which Is not my cup of tea. Chances to see her in Liverpool? Zero. But she can do better than what everyone expects her to do in Eurosong.

Prediction: 4th in Eurosong
In my ranking: 5th place

Gala Dragot: as I said previously, not fond of both of her songs and it's a pity because she really is talented. Her voice is really smooth and good and she surely will have a great career. I honestly preferred Emotion Ollie to T'inquiete if I had to choose between her two songs, but they are not really that different in style one from another. She is actually the favourite to win Eurosong, but I don't think it will be that easy for her to do so.

Prediction: WINNER
In my ranking: 4th place

The Starlings: Oceanside is really good and my clear choice between their two songs. It reminds me a little of "Calm after the storm" as it progresses and can have an appeal in Eurovision. They are the darkest horse in this competition, because I actually can see them make an upset.

Prediction: 2nd in Eurosong
In my rankings: 2nd place

Hunter Falls: no doubt here, Ooh la la is definitely better than Home which is one of the weakest songs of all competition imo. Ooh la la is not something unheard maybe, but at least is pleasant, not something I see doing great things in Eurovision, but not bad at all.

Prediction: 5th in Eurosong
In my ranking: 3rd place

Gustaph: don't know which option will be the best for him, but I expect it to be Because of you. I don't think he has a lot of chances in this Final, because I'm not that fond of both his songs and the public reaction was kinda lukewarm.

Prediction: 7th in Eurosong
In my ranking: 6th

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
What on EARTH were Tom and Kato thinking by rejecting Oceanside O__O

idiots. self-saboteurs!

CHERINE SQUAD, ASSEMBLE AND DESTROY.

aef

Oh no, I still believe that Oceanside is the way more powerful, intriguing song. I really enjoyed that song. It has a very nice song progression. Now I don't have any clear favourite left, so I don't really care about the :be: entry anymore unfortunately...

"Life is a rollercoaster" is such a annoying cliché title/lyric btw.

mauve

Veteran
Oh my ... they really chose "Rollercoaster"?????? "Oceanside" is so much better, did they sabotage themselves???

Mainshow

Veteran
"Oceanside" was weak - I´m glad they picked the other song!

A pity Gustaph picked "Because Of You", though.

mauve

Veteran
So I support either Chérine or Ameerah. The rest is meh. Would have also supported The Starlings with "Oceanside".

ayzelto

I still can't believe they chose Rollercoaster over Oceanside. The last had real changes imo.

However, my absolute winner is Chérine and I really hope Belgium does not miss this great chance they have.

Top Bottom