7 3.9%

21 11.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Biste

Not immediately very enthusiastic based on the names only. Let's hope the songs surprise. The "nobodies" seem to have good voices at least based on some available clips. But they are in the end all non-winners of The Voice. So fingers crossed they come up with some good songs!

Not sure if Loredana will come something heartfelt to show of her voice, or if she will continue in the dance genre like with 2 Fabiola. If she does, hopefully not with a stupid gimmick like in 2014. That for sure will not work anymore...

Ameerah is by the way apparently from this dance hit.

Zeus

Well, this is a dissapointing line-up.. Old farts who did this before like 15 years ago and some talentshow-hoppers. I mean, you never know what comes out of it, but I hoped for some bigger and more interesting names.

mauve

Veteran
I listened to some songs of these 7 acts, but nothing really stood out. I hope they will have some convincing songs. We can't say much yet, I think!

shameless

I like them! A lot of pop and def some bops. Sounds like one of the better Melodifestvialen-semis and with some of the typical mysterious-Belgian-style.

Looren

Veteran
Why is our NF perfectly decent :eek: ?

Based on snippets it's Gala/Chérine/The Starlings to me

Mainshow

Veteran
I can´t share your happiness about this bunch of songs.

Based on the snippets, I think that all songs by Chérine, Gustaph, Hunter Falls and Loredana won´t have the chance to qualify in May. They sound pretty decent and solid, for sure - slightly generic (especially Hunter Falls) or even a bit dated (Loredana) and I feel that Gustaph could have come up with some more oomph and edigness (which could have lift "The Nail" to another level.. I see some potential here).

Gala Dragot sounds very promising but it´s difficult to tell... the snippets are too short to judge her entries.
Personally, I think that Ameerah´s songs are the most competitive ones..whereas The Starlings could create a tiny moment on stage... "Oceanside"´s chorus sounds lazily-written and too repetitive to me, though... "Rollercoaster" is quite charming.

All in all, it´s a decent collection of pop songs. Half of them are generic, dated and non-competitive, though.
It´s not a Irish/German-NF scenario but honestly, I think that Belgium might be struggling in May (unless they send The Starlings to Liverpool).

0scar

The Starling's 'Oceanside' is probably their best choice, all the others are a bunch of meh mostly
twinsies Belgium I'm sure our song is going to be meh at best as well!!

mauve

Veteran
I am rather disappointed tbh. I have to agree with @Mainshow: most of the songs will struggle to qualify. The best chances will have the Starlings, but I am not even sure about these songs. :(

Top Bottom