7 3.1%

19 8.5%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Re: BELARUS 2012

They are fogetable & plus both don't sings well like him :p

Well it's a matter of taste...

Irina would sing some nice Belarussian folk-pop and Byanka would do her R&B-folk.. I wouldn't call them forgettable next to Koldun who would do what? Another Kirkorov stuff with bad English and annoying voice lol.

AlekS

Veteran

Official info. BTRC is also going to negotiate with international producers (Ukrainian and Russian, imo).
The broadcaster will start accepting the entries in November. EuroFest final is set on January.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran

Belarus is one of few (Georgia & Azerbaijan are the other two) countries that has yet to send an entry in native language.

Belarus didn't even send an entry in their 'de facto' official language Russian either.

AlekS

Veteran

BTRC has just published the NF rules --> http://www.tvr.by/rus/releases.asp?date=17.10.2011&id=1491

- Performers can submit their entry from November 1 to November 25.

- The jury will pick 15 performers (songwriters can submit their songs as well).

- Televoters and the jury will decide 5 finalists on the semi-final in December.

- The final (50/50 voting) is scheduled on January.

AlekS

Veteran

Foreigners are allowed and even Belarusians without citizenship.
Until December 5 the jury will choose all semi-finalists. Belarusian entry will be improved after the NF final.

CC92

Belarus is one of few (Georgia & Azerbaijan are the other two) countries that has yet to send an entry in native language.

Belarus didn't even send an entry in their 'de facto' official language Russian either.

Why 'de facto'?. I hope that they will use it one day. As for the artists, I do not know many of 'em but Byanka and Irina (thought she was Ukrainian) would be good choices. Koldun is also good.

A-lister

Veteran

Why 'de facto'?. I hope that they will use it one day. As for the artists, I do not know many of 'em but Byanka and Irina (thought she was Ukrainian) would be good choices. Koldun is also good.

'de facto' as in it being the language of everyday use, both on official and personal level.

Belarussian as a language is slowly dying and sadly they have a regime that sometimes view the use of Belarussian as an anti-regime statement (this is very weird but it's something regime-critics point out time after time).

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran

Or changed to a new song? :lol:
Considering they have 2 separate competitions (for singers and for authors) - for sure! :lol:

Belarussian as a language is slowly dying and sadly they have a regime that sometimes view the use of Belarussian as an anti-regime statement (this is very weird but it's something regime-critic points out time after time).
However it's not really dead. 52% of Belarusians read and speak Belarusian.
We had a song in Belarusian on the last EuroFest (one of my faves btw) but the jury obviously didn't choose it.

I read an interview with the man who's in charge of the NF and he said that it will stay the same, there won't be any notable changes so another year without Belarusian in the final, imo.

CC92

'de facto' as in it being the language of everyday use, both on official and personal level.
Okay, I got it. But one says 'de iure' then.

Belarussian as a language is slowly dying and sadly they have a regime that sometimes view the use of Belarussian as an anti-regime statement (this is very weird but it's something regime-critics point out time after time).
That is silly. Unfortunately chances for Belarussian are not good as it seems. However, this can happen also in 'democratic' states (see Ireland, United Kingdom or Malta where broadcasters and partly politicians ignore their native tongues in favour of English).

A-lister

Veteran

However it's not really dead. 52% of Belarusians read and speak Belarusian.
We had a song in Belarusian on the last EuroFest (one of my faves btw) but the jury obviously didn't choose it.

Really as much as 52%?? But not as 1st language right?

What song was that?

A-lister

Veteran

I don't care if it's 1st or 2nd, 52% is a lot :)

Dakota - Tsyabe zabuvayu.

Oh it's important, for Swedes English is the 2nd language for maybe 80% of the population, but it doesn't say anything really if it's not what people use in everyday. There's a difference.

I remember this song, it was my favorite that year aswell.

AlekS

Veteran

Oh it's important, for Swedes English is the 2nd language for maybe 80% of the population, but it doesn't say anything really if it's not what people use in everyday. There's a difference.
If people remember it - this is what important, not speaking it every day.
I used to speak Russian, then I spoke surjik, now I speak all 3 but mainly Ukrainian ... knowledge matters, not being a language wh*re =)))

gr8!

A-lister

Veteran

If people remember it - this is what important, not speaking it every day.
I used to speak Russian, then I spoke surjik, now I speak all 3 but mainly Ukrainian ... knowledge matters, not being a language wh*re =)))

gr8!

I don't even think this is what we discussed in the first place lol.

Yamarus

Anything that doesn't sound like it's a Google Translated propaganda advert for Belarus is fine by me.

Top Bottom