6 3.6%

3 1.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

VirginiaVision

Obviously the final version has some notable differences from the version that got leaked, which isn't surprising considering the leak seems to have been from an audition stage. What I'm curious to know is how much influence the leak had on the song's edits, even if tweaks were inevitable.

SpiritofKeiino

Was excited to hear this after I heard it was a 90s dance inspired number. Pretty disappointed after hearing it. Meh...

Lindon

Kaleen is Austria's Elena Tsagrinou. Can sing and dance well, fobbed off with an underwhelming dance pop number, not even capable of spelling 'charism'.
Sounds like a typical commentary on esc-kompakt.

Sammy

Veteran
Does esc kompact always bash Austria?
not in general , but in the comment section there‘s a bunch of people who will constantly bash the austrian entries. I was of course exaggerating for the sake of the joke. :lol:

CC92

Articles on esckompakt are very friendly and diplomatic in general (at times too vanilla for my liking actually), and particularly well-disposed towards acts from German-speaking countries, including the Austrian ones. Recently they have more outspokingly been levelling criticism at the NDR though whereas the ORF's selection method has not even been put up for debate.
Moreover most :de: fans seem to just have given up on Germany's participation at this point and feel indifferent about "their" entry at best. "We will rave", on the other hand, is currently ranking top-5 in esckompakt fan poll which I think it will come nowhere near in the actual voting so I cannot spot any anti-Austrian sentiments.

marty

not in general , but in the comment section there‘s a bunch of people who will constantly bash the austrian entries. I was of course exaggerating for the sake of the joke. :lol:
I would not say that they exclusively bash Austria but mainly everything including themselves. there is just a bunch of frustrated people beeing negative about everything. like in most other forums except here. german esc fans of course have a good reason for beeing frustrated.

Lindon

We are Austrians, of course we are lovely and friendly.

We are Austrians, of course we aren't hypersensitive.

We are Austrians, of course we don't make shit up at all.

We are Austrians, of course we aren't obsessed with ourselves,

We are Austrians, of course we take criticism on our country very well.

We are Austrians, of course we don't boast.

We are Germans, of course we are always positive about Austria.
Mea culpa! Mir fehlt nicht die Einsicht.

rasmuslights

Veteran
To no surprise, this song also has 0 chart success so far.

I'm not saying this means it won't do well at ESC. But I hate this approach (when countries only send sth. because they think it fits Eurovision and don't care about the actual music industry). Like I'd rather have a bad result but something that the whole country got behind (ala Portugal 2019) than something that will get a decent result (this ain't getting more than 15th place anyway) but the country doesn't even care about it and the artist will be back to irrelevant once eurovision ends. This is going to happen since Kaleen, unfortunately, has 0-star quality.

marty

To no surprise, this song also has 0 chart success so far.

I'm not saying this means it won't do well at ESC. But I hate this approach (when countries only send sth. because they think it fits Eurovision and don't care about the actual music industry). Like I'd rather have a bad result but something that the whole country got behind (ala Portugal 2019) than something that will get a decent result (this ain't getting more than 15th place anyway) but the country doesn't even care about it and the artist will be back to irrelevant once eurovision ends. This is going to happen since Kaleen, unfortunately, has 0-star quality.
I am with you but its not as easy as you think. Eberhard Forcher for sure has been trying to convince acts of the austrian music industry to take part. some of them even took part but obviously with not so good songs. at the end it is the jury who decides on the best package. they want to get into the final. I dont see anything wrong with this approach. I am with you that its not very likely that this is the start of a big career as a singer for Kaleen but who knows....

rasmuslights

Veteran
I am with you but its not as easy as you think. Eberhard Forcher for sure has been trying to convince acts of the austrian music industry to take part. some of them even took part but obviously with not so good songs. at the end it is the jury who decides on the best package. they want to get into the final. I dont see anything wrong with this approach. I am with you that its not very likely that this is the start of a big career as a singer for Kaleen but who knows....

I just think he didn't try enough. If the UK, the Netherlands, Serbia, Greece and France can get their big names to compete with huge music industries, I see no reason why Austria can't do it. That's my opinion.

It's kind of the same situation with Ireland. I just don't believe when he says that nobody wants to compete when artists like CMAT have come forward and said they want to compete.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I also think there's a problem with the jury that's picking the songs in Austria. Aren't also the fans who vote in the process? I'm sorry but OGA(Y)E should never be able to vote. Their taste is usually outdated, questionable and very predictable. They'll never go for anything indie.

rasmuslights

Veteran
But then, how does Indie to at Eurovision? Telemovéis and Limits were heavy losses for me in 2019, and this year I fear for Greece.

Well, a great thing about indie is that it can go either way, it's a risk. You can end up in the top 10 - Belgium 2017, Portugal 2022, Greece 2022, France 2021... Or nq as the case with Portugal 2019 - but that song is still well-loved in Portugal. I mean indie anyway is a very broad term, what I meant to say is something authentic but quality at the same time. And Austria has plenty of that yet somehow they've recently been sending stuff that appeals to the gay audience only (2024, 2022) or to no one (2021).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they should pick sth. just because it's different - I hate that approach as well (Finland this year for example). If I were a juror, my two top priorities would be quality and authenticity, as well as the star-quality of the performer. "Doing well at esc" would not be a criterium in my book since you can never win with that formula unless you're Sweden.

Rocket man

I’m still annoyed by the result of ‘Who The Hell Is Edgar?’ I swear the staging let it down. Didn’t get the concept of the song at all. I think with ‘We Will Rave’, it’s just got to be full-on dance, non-stop high energy on stage.

Rocket man

I was more annoyed with the running order. They threw a Top 8 contender according to the odds under the bus. There was even a momentum after the semi. The final result wass so close to Top 10 and even to Top 8 and it was a matter of who had more voting power (Lithuania, Armenia, Cyprus of course). Also Finland took out all the air in the room for Austria, and this year, Netherlands and Croatia will do the same. The writing's on the wall already.

If Austria wants to stay in the upbeat lane, they should go with a nice looking dude to secure the gay vote next time, someone like Mustii or Baby Lasagna. There is barely ever a "hot contestant" who gets lost in the semi.
Yeah that’s true, if it had a better place in the running order, Austria would have got top 10.

mauve

Veteran
I also think there's a problem with the jury that's picking the songs in Austria. Aren't also the fans who vote in the process? I'm sorry but OGA(Y)E should never be able to vote. Their taste is usually outdated, questionable and very predictable. They'll never go for anything indie.
In Germany it is the same. Yes, NDR has the last word about entries, but I think the International Juries highly questionable when they come up with songs as from Isaak (and all the rest o our NF). How can they really believe that this song will be doing well at ESC?

Top Bottom