Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

12Points

televoters being weird again, at least could've been a top 10, so catchy and with good staging.

heke1988

televoters being weird again, at least a top 10, so catchy and with good staging.
Austria was doomed because of performing first.

Ezio

Veteran
televoters being weird again, at least could've been a top 10, so catchy and with good staging.
According to UK charts, we should have gotten 6 televoting points.

Ezio

Veteran
Since we didnt win the semi, they deemed us dispensible I guess. If we would have won it and sweeped the 12s, I guess we could have gotten the 11th slot, Portugal 1st and Albania 2nd.

gingerale

Since we didnt win the semi, they deemed us dispensible I guess. If we would have won it and sweeped the 12s, I guess we could have gotten the 11th slot, Portugal 1st and Albania 2nd.

No they would Austria still have put on #1. They didn't care how the songs from Semi 2 were doing in the grand final. (Look at Australias RO).

If they considered a more fair game they would have put Poland first but I guess they were embarassed by that cheap looking effects and needed a slick, current and professional entry to go first to not scare the people away.

The RO was built around a nail biting Sweden vs Finland showdown with a Swedish win as the goal. I think producers were also surprised how good Italy did in the televote, I think they did not expect that.

Ezio

Veteran
Italy got a fantastic running order and I was sure it would go Top 3 before.

You make it sound like Eurovision has a storyline like Drag Race and we were just the filler queens.

Lindon

Italy got a fantastic running order and I was sure it would go Top 3 before.

You make it sound like Eurovision has a storyline like Drag Race and we were just the filler queens.
But my dear, all evidence points to that.

heke1988

What pisses me off, that last time Austria was GF in 2018 and now finally qualified. Then they "awarded" it by putting Austria performing first.

Last edited:

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
There have been occasions where the songs came 2nd (and even 3rd in 2008) in the semi final, but won in the final. The EBU did dirty deliberately.

Ezio

Veteran
Makes more sense than daya Betty and selena estitties. Sugar and Spice were the fan faves and fillers at the same time.
Sugar and Spice of course

aef

I still don’t get why people keep calling it such a big flop. It’s all about expectations. I wished for a qualification after 5 years and after knowing the staging I thought top 10 will be possible. We were definitely out of any top 5 race with knowing the staging+the running order.

In the end we would have almost reached the top 10 and got the exact result the odds suggested, only missing out by 10 points, in a very close race between 10th and 15th place. So where is the big negative surprise?

2nd place in the semi is also a nice thing, even Cesar didn’t have such a good place in his semi final.

Mainshow

Veteran
^^ I fully agree with you.
Personally, I think it had never been a contender for victory or the Top 10.
Top 15 is a lovely result for a very entertaining pop song.

The "2nd place" in the 2nd semi final is amazing on papar, for sure but it doesn't come as a surprise that semi 1 finalists were ranked higher in the GF.

Mainshow

Veteran
I think that the performance absorbed the fun part of the song.
They didn't come across as witty or charmingly goofy on stage (which they did in the music video). Like :ge: they turned it into something very serious, almost sterile and kinda dark and modern - and the core essence of both songs didn't really ask for such stagings.
(:at: still delivered, though but I think it could have been more entertaining, to some extent).

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I think that the performance absorbed the fun part of the song.
They didn't come across as witty or charmingly goofy on stage (which they did in the music video). Like :ge: they turned it into something very serious, almost sterile and kinda dark and modern - and the core essence of both songs didn't really ask for such stagings.
(:at: still delivered, though but I think it could have been more entertaining, to some extent).

I agree but I have to add one ...

off-topic remark, Bejba can stretch.

simori95

Well what can I say, I think I owe Ezio a little apology.

I still don’t think the RO is the ONLY reason for the low televote, but at this point it is indeed hard to interpret the result without factoring the RO as a possible reason.

So Ezio, I believe now that you had a point and that I was wrong, so I am sorry.

Ezio

Veteran
Oh no, you just created a monster. He will never let us forget this
i will forever hold this quote against you. You just created a monster!

Top Bottom