Contact us

Austria AUSTRIA 2023 - Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?

How do you rate this entry?

99 45.2%

25 11.4%

22 10.0%

12 5.5%

15 6.8%

12 5.5%

4 1.8%

5 2.3%

6 2.7%

6 2.7%

13 5.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

miramax09

Now it’s official. They dropped the iconic dance routine completely :(

But the good news is, Teya and Salena obviously found a way to put more energy into the performance. I am looking forward.

Sammy

Veteran

But the good news is, Teya and Salena obviously found a way to put more energy into the performance. I am looking forward.
what?!? where did you get that from?

Chorizo

Where's that energy coming from if they don't dance?

Ezio

Veteran

Lindon

You! Knee! Corn!
Hopefully not floor exercises.

My problem with the staging, the little I've seen of it, was my impression that the camera movement, editing and lighting choreography didn't reflect the speed of the song. I feared the same thing I saw on Dancing Stars, where I felt director Pongratz fell asleep in his chair.

Last edited:

marty

Ok, but we have seen that they changed the choreo already after the first rehearsal. Its obvious that they wanted something cooler and not too stupid.

marty

Hopefully not floor exercises.

My problem with the staging, the little I've seen of it, was my impression that the camera movement, editing and lighting choreography didn't reflect the speed of the song. I feared the same thing I saw on Dancing Stars, where I felt director Pongratz fell asleep in his chair.
When I first heard of Teya and Salena going to Eurovision I wasnt very excited since I knew from Starmania that they have great voices but lacked stage presence. With all the fun interviews they gave I was sure that changed and they will nail it live on the stage. But now I fear that the lack of stage presence might still be their biggest problem. On the night before their performance I am not very much looking forward to it. I expect to get disappointed though normally I am very optimistic. Lets hope I will be wrong.

Ezio

Veteran
Just watched a semi live reaction. Apparently the crowd is going crazy over the song, but for the unaffiliated viewer this performance may come across as confusing and there seems to be a lack of energy. The performance is not on the humorous side, so to appeal to juries but might lose televoting appeal.

Not sure then, if this could really win the semi, when Australia is much more instant and in your face.

So, Austria will not chip away too many votes from Finland for the win.

Lindon

It is enough for me if we qualify and Finland wins.

Grinch

Haven't watched the rehearsal, dying to watch this quirky entry's live performance today 🥳

Lindon

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I am not spoiling myself but I really hope they will sell this smart on stage, I really like the entry (it's in my top. 3/5 this year) and one of the best things Austria sent to this contest in the past decade/s, so I really cross my fingers.

This is miles above everything else in Semi 2 by the way...

marty

From what we see in the jury show Teya and Salena have much more power than in the clip of the 2nd rehearsal. In the last chorus they dont just walk slowly to the front but interact with the audience. this looks better now. I hope that the mio padre part will sound better.

Sammy

Veteran
I have a good feeling for tonight. The girls will
rock the stage!

Just reread some of the comments on various forums from the time they were announced. The ones that amuse me the most are the over confident „oh - this is going to be a second S!STERS-desaster“.-posts :lol::lol::lol:

Ezio

Veteran
I just spoiled myself. Wow it looks and sounds really good. Salena sings Oh Mio Padre like an angel. Teya is super confident on stage. Vocally perfect. The crowd loved it.

in the press poll they only finished 8th on the afternoon but they saved their voices as I have heard. On the night it was a slay.

who the hell is Gustaph and why is he a close 2nd in the audience poll?

Top Bottom