Tell me, is this what you wanted?
Amen, amen, yeah
Are you getting what you wanted?
Are you getting what you wanted?
Amen​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
We should start celebrating diverse tastes and takes on song and stop shoving down our entitlements into other people's throats. It feels bad to be alive at this moment in this forum.

The results don't matter. What matters is that each song finds their lovers.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Just as the song might be a forettable ballad to you, It is a forgettable post from you. Nevermind, but we have different opinions on this song! ;)
True! Don't worry, I don't plan on sticking around in this thread anyway. Nobody likes a party pooper lol. But I have to put my critic hat on for the mandatory post, then I'll disappear until rehearsals, pinky swear.

MalagaToledo

Banned
I'll take that as a concession of your fear that this song is not gonna flop.
Take that as ppl will only remember winner and top 3 at the end of the day. So it doesn't matter if he 22th in the final or 13th in semifinal. Cause there will be 20 songs higher ranked. And we don't will he do relatively ok and do bare minimum of qualifying or he will flop.
I don't remember who finished 17th in 2017 but i know that jamal's won. You know what I mean, you know my point.

PS i thought you put me on ignore list or u were just lying cause it seems you are my fan quoting my every single post. Lol :cool:xdance2xheya

Ezio

Veteran
Take that as ppl will only remember winner and top 3 at the end of the day. So it doesn't matter if he 22th in the final or 13th in semifinal. Cause there will be 20 songs higher ranked. And we don't will he do relatively ok and do bare minimum of qualifying or he will flop.
I don't remember who finished 17th in 2017 but i know that jamal's won. You know what I mean, you know my point.

PS i thought you put me on ignore list or u were just lying cause it seems you are my fan quoting my every single post. Lol :cool:xdance2xheya

So, your struggle with the English language is real. Because I have used past tense. You were on my ignore list, but I was bothered by seeing the posts anyway.

And I personally do not struggle to remember songs that I like. Usually the Top 3 for me are too mainstream, so I'd rather remember Rita Guerra, Ortal, Jonatan Cerrada, Conan Osiris, Paenda, and other flops, and I feel great about it.

Mainshow

Veteran
I disagree with everyone saying that it won't be qualifying or will be struggling to do so.

Of course, it all depends on the performances but to me, it sounds like winning material (jury votes) in semi 2.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it being Top 6 in the televoting as well. It's a very modern (Shawn Mendes-style album track ballad) and effective/memorable ballad.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I disagree with everyone saying that it won't be qualifying or will be struggling to do so.

Of course, it all depends on the performances but to me, it sounds like winning material (jury votes) in semi 2.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it being Top 6 in the televoting as well. It's a very modern (Shawn Mendes-style album track ballad) and effective/memorable ballad.
People are too harsh for it, it's a good song still.

Ezio

Veteran
True! Don't worry, I don't plan on sticking around in this thread anyway. Nobody likes a party pooper lol. But I have to put my critic hat on for the mandatory post, then I'll disappear until rehearsals, pinky swear.
Just out of curiosity, how do you expect the rehearsals to be covered during the pandemic?

midnightsun

Veteran
I really like the song in melody and style but wth did he (or his co-writers) have this mind when writing the lyrics. Funeral? Die? Even considering it’s metaphorical it’s a no go in a pandemic when millions of people died. Not sure people want to listen to that. The song can be melancholic but please let the lyrics be uplifting!

Ezio

Veteran
I really like the song in melody and style but wth did he (or his co-writers) have this mind when writing the lyrics. Funeral? Die? Even considering it’s metaphorical it’s a no go in a pandemic when millions of people died. Not sure people want to listen to that. The song can be melancholic but please let the lyrics be uplifting!
Vincent has suffered a lot of loss. He lost his daughter, his aunt died last month, and his cousin suffers from cancer. So you can refer to God, when Vincent Bueno asks "Is this what you wanted?", although the intention of the songwriters might not have been that. Vincent is living the song, that found him. And found me struggling on my path as well.

Ezio

Veteran
Random british girl reaction

Cute Greek guy reaction

Mainshow

Veteran
Immediately corrected it xD I am so used to asking NDR to get an Extrawurst and let German viewers vote in semi 2 that I naturally expected Austria to be in semi 1 (because I did remember ch and at are in the other semi than de) but oh well xD

midnightsun

Veteran
Vincent has suffered a lot of loss. He lost his daughter, his aunt died last month, and his cousin suffers from cancer. So you can refer to God, when Vincent Bueno asks "Is this what you wanted?", although the intention of the songwriters might not have been that. Vincent is living the song, that found him. And found me struggling on my path as well.

I am affected by the pandemic as well. With loss and death and lots of other things.
I know people are all coping with it differently. And from his point of view it might be fitting. I just have a feeling that a.) the lyrics weren’t completely written on that purpose (like you said the writers had maybe other things in mind) and b.) I am getting my strength from entries that have a strong uplifting message. Even if the song itself is melancholic.

I have to admit I struggle a bit with the Finnish lyrics too. It’s my favourite song at the moment but the lyrics are a bit inappropriate I think.

I also find the eating face cake in Moldova and the head of the guy in Belgium very strange. But thank God it’s just the music video which I don’t have to watch.

As I said, otherwise I like Vincent‘s song. It’s actually quite good. It’s just a little too direct lyricwise imo. I think people need something brighter this year but who knows, I could be wrong. At least he‘s authentic and I appreciate that.

Mimmon

Veteran
Random british girl reaction

Cute Greek guy reaction
Noosh isn't just Random british girl...

Ezio

Veteran
I struggle with the Finnih entry as well, because it feels sinister, although it is a very good song. I am not gonna lose any word over Moldova and Cyprus anymore, except for this: evil.

Vincent's melancholy should have a place though in this year in this competition. The pandemic is a huge trial for all of us. I also see as an intervention from God, to get our shit together and turn to him. Vincent's song allows for us to reflect on our grief. Why not? Why should we just have a huge party when the ship is actually sinking? 41 party songs in a year like this wouldn't feel right. It would make Eurovision appear like the Titanic with us aboard headed for the iceberg. "Alive" would have been a slap in the face but "Is this what you wanted?" is a legit question.

Let us all have this as a reminder what's actually going on.

Ezio

Veteran
Top Bottom